You're welcome! Has the change in the session timeout setting helped?
post #21 of 26
1/1/10 at 6:32pm
|PL2 changes the main Cookie Salt - which invalidates everyones forum cookie, meaning they will be logged out when their session expires. When they login again they must check remember me to store the details again.
Anyone still having issues after that has a corrupt cookie, and should delete it (sorry, but how depends on your browser).
|I can reproduce the behavior exactly as described.
The behavior I'm looking at is:
1) User logs in, clicking remember me
2) Salt string changes (upgrading to PL2 causes this).
3) User is logged in
4) Session times out (or session cookie manually removed)
5) User is logged out, despite having clicked remember me.
6) User logs in again, clicks remember me.
7) User is logged in.
8) Session times out (or session cookie manually removed)
9) User is logged in.
I'm working with FF3.5.6 at the moment, which was one of the reported problem browsers. This is the expected behavior from the code.