or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Mom’s of Many – JANUARY
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mom’s of Many – JANUARY - Page 2

post #21 of 228
thanks for the redirection Sam

my new years tradition is to buy a calendar once they are reduced -
saves a few pounds at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumof3Nic View Post
and I lost a baby on Christmas Eve.
hope you are starting to find some healing from that, even if just the physical recovery bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collinsky View Post
but wrecking myself doesn't do my kids any favors, either.


Quote:
Originally Posted by orangefoot View Post

My family seem to have a pathological inability to register stuff left on the floor. They can all tread on anything and not notice. The living room , the kitchen the stairs the landing and the bedrooms all have 3-D floors where they should be 2-D.

I have so many hopes for the new year but I think it is probably more realistic to just concentrate on myself rather than wish for everything around me to change.
mine too - ditto the focus on oneself. hey, that could be my NY resolution. i make new resolutions every week it seems!

we don't celebrate new year at all here, but i'm sure the fireworks will keep us up
post #22 of 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangefoot View Post
It is still new years eve here and will be for another 8 hours. We have baked a tray of brownies and tidied up a bit.

My family seem to have a pathological inability to register stuff left on the floor. They can all tread on anything and not notice. The living room , the kitchen the stairs the landing and the bedrooms all have 3-D floors where they should be 2-D.
And here I thought it was just the Dowling's. No matter how much I scream " Pick up the damn cars, I have already fallen once and I DO NOT wnat to fall again!!!!!!!!!!!!" It doesn;t do any good
post #23 of 228
Isn't it funny how the same children who can't hear you screaming at point blank range can hear a soda can pop open or a candy wrapper rattle from the other end of a house full of noise? Interesting phenomena.
post #24 of 228
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiekisses View Post
Sam, jeeez, you started january like 10 hours before us! (And where in Oz are you? In my hometown it's only 10.15 pm.)
We're still at 3.15 pm. here, so still almost 9 hours to go.
If I remember correctly you're from the west coast? I am on the east coast (I would rather not saw exactly where on a public forum but will pm you) so your hometown is a few hours behind us.
post #25 of 228
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~bookcase~ View Post
thanks for the redirection Sam
No problem bookcase


You should re-ask your laundry question here so you get some responses.
post #26 of 228
OK *now* it's new year

Its 1.45 and we've just got back fromour midnight adventure. We have made this trip 9 times now which is slightly depressing as after about the fourth we started thinking that we wouldn't be here to celebrate this way because we would have moved down south to a bigger and cheaper house. Still waiting for that to happen...

In the last nine new years I have made this journey single with the two boys being quite little, then having a new partner and husband, then hugely pregnant (03) then with three children, then trying to hold down morning noon and night sickness (06) then 3 children and a babe tucked up in a sling inside my coat then today with a 16yo who has left school, a nearly teenager, and two girls who can walk to the bridge without being carried either way.

I can't imagine how the next ten years will look. Ds1 will be 26 and ds2 23 the girls will be teenagers and dh and I will be in our late forties. Aaaaargh.
post #27 of 228
Still not new years here yet. We have another three hours!
post #28 of 228
BTW My Dd is seven tomorrow! She's made me a mama on New Year's Day.
post #29 of 228
A very happy 2010 to all!
post #30 of 228
subbing
post #31 of 228
Happy New year! I am so happy to see 2009 leave. It was the year-of-many-illnesses for us. I hope this year things go a bit better! My darling hubby has taken the 4 older ones to the movies today and left me home with the little one napping, so I can spend my first day of the year going through this giant pile of mail and paperwork that I've been shoving on our computer desk for the last month and a half.


We've been toying with the idea of making our family complete with baby #6 due in a few months. I had my heart set on 8, but he's bringing up some valid points from his POV. I don't know where we'll go from here I guess. But I've only just turned 33 and we've been on a two year apart gap with the kids up until now. Maybe what we need is just a bigger spacing this time around rather than a permanent solution. I'm sure a lot of you have had something like this conversation at some point, I'm guessing!

Also need to sub this month. I barely got online last month and lost this thread!
post #32 of 228
Quick post. Isaac Donovan has arrived! 01/01/10. UC, caught by Daddy.
post #33 of 228
What a lovely start to the year, Kidzaplenty!
post #34 of 228
Jenny! Welcome to Isaac.
post #35 of 228
Congrats Jenny and welcome Isaac!!!
post #36 of 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
Quick post. Isaac Donovan has arrived! 01/01/10. UC, caught by Daddy.
wow!
post #37 of 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiebird View Post
We've been toying with the idea of making our family complete with baby #6 due in a few months. I had my heart set on 8, but he's bringing up some valid points from his POV. I don't know where we'll go from here I guess. But I've only just turned 33 and we've been on a two year apart gap with the kids up until now. Maybe what we need is just a bigger spacing this time around rather than a permanent solution. I'm sure a lot of you have had something like this conversation at some point, I'm guessing!

Also need to sub this month. I barely got online last month and lost this thread!
I'm pg with #5, and we've kind of decided that this is our last pregnancy. I had always wanted 8 children, so this is a big difference, but I can also see our family being complete with this new babe. I just turned 33 myself, and we're not looking into any permanent solutions... but over the past year or so we've become pretty sure that we're done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
Quick post. Isaac Donovan has arrived! 01/01/10. UC, caught by Daddy.
Congratulations, that's wonderful!

And what a great name!
post #38 of 228
Thread Starter 
Congrats Jenny and family on the birth of Isaac
post #39 of 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by baltic_ballet View Post
If I remember correctly you're from the west coast? I am on the east coast (I would rather not saw exactly where on a public forum but will pm you) so your hometown is a few hours behind us.
Yeah, I was thinking to myself that east was just nine hours ahead of us here, but of course, you're ten.
And yeah, I understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
Quick post. Isaac Donovan has arrived! 01/01/10. UC, caught by Daddy.
Congrats!! And welcome to the world, Isaac!
post #40 of 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglyn View Post
Isn't it funny how the same children who can't hear you screaming at point blank range can hear a soda can pop open or a candy wrapper rattle from the other end of a house full of noise? Interesting phenomena.
Amazing, isn't it? For ours, it's the sound of a book being opened in the high hope that I might be able to sit down with it for a few minutes. The only reason I can post is that I have to stand up, so nothing looks very different to the littles. If I SIT though, suddenly they all have urgent needs...


Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiebird View Post
We've been toying with the idea of making our family complete with baby #6 due in a few months. I had my heart set on 8, but he's bringing up some valid points from his POV. I don't know where we'll go from here I guess. But I've only just turned 33 and we've been on a two year apart gap with the kids up until now. Maybe what we need is just a bigger spacing this time around rather than a permanent solution. I'm sure a lot of you have had something like this conversation at some point, I'm guessing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collinsky View Post
I'm pg with #5, and we've kind of decided that this is our last pregnancy. I had always wanted 8 children, so this is a big difference, but I can also see our family being complete with this new babe. I just turned 33 myself, and we're not looking into any permanent solutions... but over the past year or so we've become pretty sure that we're done.
Hmm. I'm turning 33 this year and pg with #5, having the same discussion, and wondering about what to do too. Is 33 the magic age?


As always, I am alone with the boys on every celebration eve and day. I think it might be a good idea to choose a re-evaluation day for each year though. Maybe in a warmer month at a time when I'm not guaranteed to be without dh.

We're dancing around to The Postal Service and I'm taking a break, but must return to the playsilk madness, lol. Happy new year to all.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Parenting
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Mom’s of Many – JANUARY