or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2010 in 2010

post #1 of 1298
Thread Starter 
Anyone up for this challenge this year?

I think there was a 2009 in 2009 thread last year and I haven't seen at 2010 yet so I thought I would throw it out there. I am Compacting this year so there shouldn't be much coming into the house. Now I just need to get a bunch of stuff out
post #2 of 1298
I don't get it.

Can you elaborate?
post #3 of 1298
I am in! We are in desperate need of a massive purge.
post #4 of 1298
Thread Starter 
The challenge is to get rid of 2010 items from your home in the year 2010. Donate, recycle, trash etc all the things you don't want, need or use.

Sorry I should have been clearer in my original post.
post #5 of 1298
Oh cool!
post #6 of 1298
I would totally love to do this, but we have so little at this point that methinks 2010 things would consist of all of my possessions (not many!), plus all of dd's and everything in the kitchen... plus the linens. Plus, I tend to just get stuff out randomly, get it done and never count- that would take way too much time and effort for me. But I wish I could do this just because I love to get rid of crap so much, heh. Maybe one year I'll be at a point to do it again... I sure hope not, because that would mean tons of money spent on nonsense. Have a great time!
post #7 of 1298
Thread Starter 
We have been in our house almost 10 years. It is not a big house, but when we moved in from a two bedroom apartment with no children it actually echoed it was so empty. Now, after 3 children and years of accumulating stuff we really need a purge. My main problem is storing all the hand me downs we get from other people (in sizes larger than my oldest currently wears), plus the clothes to pass down from girl to girl. It is a big savings having three girls, plus having friends with girls who can pass stuff on to us, but the storage is a nightmare. Thanks goodness for Rubbermaid bins
post #8 of 1298
Me!!! I am so in. It still counts if I start tonight, right?
post #9 of 1298
oooh, I just did that! but its still the year 2009. Does it count if it is all sitting in my car waiting for the thrift store to open after the holidays?
I didnt count my items, but I definately got 2010 stuff to donate or in the garbage/recycle. I wanted to start off fresh, 'cause then maybe the house will magically stay clean ALLLLL year
I can bring it all back in to count it if I have to
post #10 of 1298
Oh yeah, I'm in! It is hard to believe I could do it because I feel like I did so much purging in 2009. But, just today I went through some boxes and came up with 2 bags! And I have a plan for the garage in January. YIKES, Jan is tomorrow!! Watch out garage, here I come.

I think keeping track will make it more fun! Thanks for putting the idea out.
post #11 of 1298
Me me me! 2010 things seems like soooooo much but I think I could easily do it! There is just so much stuff here and I want to get rid of so much! I have done a TON already and now it is getting down to the harder choices it seems. But I know it is there. I know there is stuff BEGGING to leave So I am IN!

Lisa
post #12 of 1298
Do we count things that come into our home and then go right back out within a short amount of time?? If so then I can totally get 2010 things. I'm thinking of those two grandmas that live 30 minutes away and visit often giving the kids stuff. So much of the stuff I just gather up and march right back out in the next Goodwill bag. It is usually junky stuff that the kids don't need anyway, will break soon, or frankly I just don't want to be cleaning up all the time!
post #13 of 1298
This would be an interesting challenge for me. I'm game.
I have a ton of stuff that hasn't been counted for the New Year's Challenge.
post #14 of 1298
Subbing.
I like to follow along for motivation to keep my house decluttered, but I am at the point that I don't really need to do a purge. Plus, counting/listing things distracts me. So I will probably only list when I fill a box and drop it off.

Now, if only my two oldest let me in their bedrooms, I would happily try to get to 2010 items!
post #15 of 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danidama View Post
I would totally love to do this, but we have so little at this point that methinks 2010 things would consist of all of my possessions (not many!), plus all of dd's and everything in the kitchen... plus the linens. Plus, I tend to just get stuff out randomly, get it done and never count- that would take way too much time and effort for me. But I wish I could do this just because I love to get rid of crap so much, heh. Maybe one year I'll be at a point to do it again... I sure hope not, because that would mean tons of money spent on nonsense. Have a great time!
Boy, this is me!
post #16 of 1298

I am doing one room per month in 2010

I just took 10-12 bags to Goodwill plus some furniture, so let's see, if that's about 20-40 items per bag, I am at least a couple of hundred items in.
post #17 of 1298
me! i am totally doing this.
post #18 of 1298
ooooh I'm in, we moved into this house 1.5 years ago and there are still a few never-unpacked boxes, who knows what's in them? Obviously nothing useful, methinks they're a good place to start!

Looking forward to this, I am feeling very motivated
Good luck to us all!!!
post #19 of 1298
Ok
1. wooden chair (going to thrift)
2. garbage bag of clothes (thrift)
3. garbage bag of clotehs (thrift)
4. grocery bag of clothes (friend)
5. grocery bag of toys (thrift)
6. Grocery bag of toys (thrift)
7. garbage bag of dress-up clothes and toys that the cats urinated and defecated on (garbage)
8. box of books (thrift)
9. bag of house wares (thrift)
10. dd's old furniture (sold)
11. dd's old carpet (garbage)
12. board game (2 of them; thrift)

Im off to a good start!
post #20 of 1298
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnySlippers View Post
oooh, I just did that! but its still the year 2009. Does it count if it is all sitting in my car waiting for the thrift store to open after the holidays?
I didnt count my items, but I definately got 2010 stuff to donate or in the garbage/recycle. I wanted to start off fresh, 'cause then maybe the house will magically stay clean ALLLLL year
I can bring it all back in to count it if I have to
Of course it counts, but please don't bring it back in and count it I think an estimate is fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by urchin_grey View Post
Me!!! I am so in. It still counts if I start tonight, right?
Of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepypeanutsmom View Post
Do we count things that come into our home and then go right back out within a short amount of time?? If so then I can totally get 2010 things. I'm thinking of those two grandmas that live 30 minutes away and visit often giving the kids stuff. So much of the stuff I just gather up and march right back out in the next Goodwill bag. It is usually junky stuff that the kids don't need anyway, will break soon, or frankly I just don't want to be cleaning up all the time!
This happens here all the time and I am definitely going to count them

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnySlippers View Post
Ok
1. wooden chair (going to thrift)
2. garbage bag of clothes (thrift)
3. garbage bag of clotehs (thrift)
4. grocery bag of clothes (friend)
5. grocery bag of toys (thrift)
6. Grocery bag of toys (thrift)
7. garbage bag of dress-up clothes and toys that the cats urinated and defecated on (garbage)
8. box of books (thrift)
9. bag of house wares (thrift)
10. dd's old furniture (sold)
11. dd's old carpet (garbage)
12. board game (2 of them; thrift)

Im off to a good start!
Wow great start

I am going to update my signature as soon as I get a moment.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Organize & Declutter