or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness, JAN 2010
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness, JAN 2010 - Page 3

post #41 of 610
Hmm.. I changed my "detector" settings back to advanced and it gave me an O day. Putting me at 4 dpo today, if that is the case our last unprotected bd was on cycle day 11. I still don't feel sure enough to declare things safe, these temps are significantly lower than they were last month (it is also significantly colder now though).
post #42 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmiepie View Post
Good morning!

Well, it looks as if I O'd. If I'm right though, my LP will be a meesley 6 or 7 days long.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2be681

That looks like a pretty clear shift to me
post #43 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
That looks like a pretty clear shift to me
Good! When I entered it in Ovusoft it still hasn't recognized the shift! I think I like fertility friend better for that reason. Although dh wouldn't want to pay the fees when we already bought software.
post #44 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
Hmm.. I changed my "detector" settings back to advanced and it gave me an O day. Putting me at 4 dpo today, if that is the case our last unprotected bd was on cycle day 11. I still don't feel sure enough to declare things safe, these temps are significantly lower than they were last month (it is also significantly colder now though).
I'm having a hard time telling if you O'd or not. It's those temps on CD12 and 14 that are confusing me. I can see where you seem to be staying above the coverline and it seems to match up with your CM though. Don't you hate when it's confusing?
post #45 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmiepie View Post
I'm having a hard time telling if you O'd or not. It's those temps on CD12 and 14 that are confusing me. I can see where you seem to be staying above the coverline and it seems to match up with your CM though. Don't you hate when it's confusing?
They're confusing me too lol. I don't know what to think anymore. I may just be waiting out this cycle until either the temps stay up longer or it's clear that O didn't happen.

So confusing, thank you for commiserating with me.
post #46 of 610
Lyterae - I, personally, would be very cautious of that temp rise!

I think that usually FAM is more conservative which is why they probably haven't given you an O date yet................solid crosshairs..........crazy!!
post #47 of 610
Hey, everyone. I'm back from my weekend away with dh. It was fun. I'm on cd4 now. Just like I expected, started Friday. I'm sad but feeling hopeful. I told dh about the chem pg. He wasn't upset at all. He didn't say anything about trying to prevent anymore. It all started when I told him I wished I could turn off. It was really annoying me. He made a joke about how it will be turned off in another 10 years or so. I said I knew of another way to turn it off and he just laughed. I expected him to say, "No way!" That gave me the courage to tell him what had just happened. We had a good talk about it. I think he's fine with leaving things open and letting whatever happen happen. He's leaving Wednesday and will be gone for about 6 months so nothing will be going on here for a while. I'll still chart for my own personal knowledge. I hate not knowing when to expect . So, I guess I'll continue to hang out here at least until dh comes home again.

lyterea ~ I don't think your temps confirm O. I'd not pay attention to those CHs at all. Have you tried a different O detector?
post #48 of 610
MW - I'm glad that you had a good talk with your husband. I couldn't help but peek at your chart last night

So, last month...........well cycle, I had spotting around CD 18 or 19. It had nothing to do with as I didn't until CD56.
Last night I DTD and it kinda hurt. Now today I ran for 20 min on the treadmill (my new years resolution ) and it kinda hurt too - and then when I went pee 20 min later I was spotting. Its a decent amount of "spotting" nothing I need protection for or anything, so still spotting......

Anyways - I guess my main question is, should it be something I am concerned about?
I DO know that I should treat it as fertile - but just FYI I haven't noticed any fertile CM.

My Chart;
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26af7e
post #49 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Hey, everyone. I'm back from my weekend away with dh. It was fun. I'm on cd4 now. Just like I expected, started Friday. I'm sad but feeling hopeful. I told dh about the chem pg. He wasn't upset at all. He didn't say anything about trying to prevent anymore. It all started when I told him I wished I could turn off. It was really annoying me. He made a joke about how it will be turned off in another 10 years or so. I said I knew of another way to turn it off and he just laughed. I expected him to say, "No way!" That gave me the courage to tell him what had just happened. We had a good talk about it. I think he's fine with leaving things open and letting whatever happen happen. He's leaving Wednesday and will be gone for about 6 months so nothing will be going on here for a while. I'll still chart for my own personal knowledge. I hate not knowing when to expect . So, I guess I'll continue to hang out here at least until dh comes home again.

lyterea ~ I don't think your temps confirm O. I'd not pay attention to those CHs at all. Have you tried a different O detector?
MW, I've been waiting to hear your update. I'm glad you got to talk to hubby but I'm sorry you're in the midst of another AF.

I don't my temps confirm O either, as much as I'd like them to. If I use the FAM detector I haven't O'd, if I use advanced it says I have. My temps have been all over the place this cycle, I had some cramping and spotting on cycle day 15 (which is why I thought I ovulated), CM is basically dry now. I don't know if I geared up to O and didn't or what's going on. I'm in the wtf? category right now while I wait for clearer signs.
post #50 of 610
annie, I had weird spotting for a while when I was getting cycles back PP. If it continues more than another month or two I might start to get worried.

MW

What do you guys think of my chart? I know it's too soon to tell and I have missing info. I think it's shaping up to be a confusing cycle. CDs 18 and 20 I didn't mark CF because I didn't really find any, though my sensation was certainly not "dry" maybe more like "creamy." I didn't temp yesterday because I was up all night sick. And today I'm practically dripping EW. So....yeah...
post #51 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
annie, I had weird spotting for a while when I was getting cycles back PP. If it continues more than another month or two I might start to get worried.

MW

What do you guys think of my chart? I know it's too soon to tell and I have missing info. I think it's shaping up to be a confusing cycle. CDs 18 and 20 I didn't mark CF because I didn't really find any, though my sensation was certainly not "dry" maybe more like "creamy." I didn't temp yesterday because I was up all night sick. And today I'm practically dripping EW. So....yeah...
Mel, my guess would be O day as CD 18... I'm no expert though and I've got my own confusing cycle going on.
post #52 of 610
Thread Starter 
MW: Glad you're back! Also very happy for you that you had a good talk with your DH, and an enjoyable weekend.

Kimmipie: looks like O to me

Lyterae: I agree with the others...I'd really hesitate to call that O at this point

BFS: I would really hesitate to say that you have O yet...since you had that recent EWCF.

AFM: Weird past few days: sensation of fertile CF when I wipe, but then nothing on the TP. I'm debating whether to start taking Vitex, or Maca. Both of them you have to wean off of if you get BFP, so that's no help. I'm leaning towards Maca. Need to go to the health food store and check out the prices. I was going to wait till next cycle to start it, but I want normal cycles NOW!!!!
post #53 of 610
my chart
Why do I have dashed crosshairs? Is it because my CF doesn't make sense? I have been messing with the day that I overslept and it makes the crosshairs move. I'm so irritated that I can't figure it out. This must be the month for wacky cycles. Hopefully it's not a sign of things to come in 2010!

WWC, I would go now and start right away. I have zero patience!

BFS, hopefully today's temp will be high and clear things up a little.

Welcome back, MW. If I could find a hug smilie, I'd put it here.
post #54 of 610
Thread Starter 
Tinams8: I think that it is dashed because you have only had creamy CF, instead of the most fertile EW and Watery. For some women, creamy is all they get, so that is their peak type mucus, even if FF doesn't recognize it as such. Remember that hormonal BC, including the Mirena, can make a huge impact on CF for quite a few months afterward, partly because it messes up the pH of your vagina.

AFM: well, yesterday I put it down as EW, because technically, there was a patch of stretchy-somewhat-clear mixed in with the creamy. But it was weird creamy...like the kind I got during my anovulatry cycle. But then, maybe it was actually creamy...because TMI when I am really fertile, we don't need to use any KY when we DTD, and last night it was definitely needed! Can you even go by that?
post #55 of 610
Thread Starter 
Ok, I think I've got everything updated! Please check your name listed on page one, and let me know if I need to add, remove, or change anything
post #56 of 610
Tina: I agree with Emily, the dashed cross-hairs are because FF still doesn't want to commit.

Emily: I love that this is a place for TMI! For me, I can usually tell after O has occurred because certain er, positions, are uncomfortable with the cervix shift.

AFM: FF is driving me crazy, all three detectors (I made my sister sign up so I could have 5 VIP days) say that I am 5 DPO. I just can't figure out why my temps are so low this month, I mean yes it's freezing in the house but I didn't think it would make that much of a difference.
post #57 of 610
MW:

Tina: You have a super clear shift, but I'd put O on CD 15, not CD 14. I don't know why FF is trying to give it to you early. Are you set to FAM?

BFS: I think it's very possible you O'd CD 19 or 20. 'Course, you've got to wait for more temps.

WWC: Have you thought about RRL? Are you just looking to O sooner, or do you want LP help, too? I haven't seen data anywhere, but I swear drinking RRL tea helps me over the (estrogen?) threshold to O when I'm having trouble getting there.

AFM: Still waiting to O. Any day now, right? My chart.
post #58 of 610
lol ok FF is crazy. Its going to put my O on the day that my temp dropped. (When in all reality I think it was just cold or I didn't take temp right while half asleep). Either way... lol I know I haven't ovulated yet. LOL if I have then we aren't avoiding!

take a peek http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c0fa4
post #59 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
Tina: You have a super clear shift, but I'd put O on CD 15, not CD 14. I don't know why FF is trying to give it to you early. Are you set to FAM?
It's set on Advanced, but it is putting the CH in the same place no matter how I set it. I think FF is mad at me for messing around with it too much....

I am obsessing and thinking about running to Dollar Tree to get hpts. If it was insanely early implantation bleeding yesterday I should be able to test this weekend, right? Maybe I'll just face the insanity and get 10 tests. I can't stand the 2WW. I'm going to get myself all excited for a baby just in time for a bfn.
post #60 of 610
Still here. Still having crazy fertile mucous. Still being extra careful.

Can you call it EW if it isn't totally clear? Mine is mostly opaque and a little white. Today's is more clear though. I can't remember what's normal for me since I have only had two whacky cycles in 3 years.

Also, this post partum period has been really different than the last. Last time I was dry dry dry all the time until AF came back. This time, I almost ALWAYS feel vag sensation, and a lot of times, there is CF on the tissue. What is that about?

Argh! I want my period back so I can temp and have it mean something.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Family Planning
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness, JAN 2010