or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dayton Moms & Pops 2010 - Page 3

post #41 of 131
Caresource has more options on paper, but, from my knowledge, many of its providers aren't accepting new caresource clients due to non-payment issues so I'm stuck either way. Also, OH Peds isn't accepting any new patients. They were the 1st ones I called since I remember you mentioning them Kriket.

eta:
I just had to make sure I wasn't going crazy and looked through caresource providers, and the vast majority of Peds aren't accepting new patients and the ones that are are the same ones I have the option of seeing on Molina in addition to a few more. So switching to Caresource isn't really worth it.

Anyone w/ any other Ped/family doctor recs outside of the usual?
post #42 of 131
Yes it can be hard to find an opening of accepting new patients since they generally pay less than reg. insurance. I think Bobbi (Mrs_Hos) has a ped she likes in Englewood
post #43 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyGina View Post
Caresource has more options on paper, but, from my knowledge, many of its providers aren't accepting new caresource clients due to non-payment issues so I'm stuck either way. Also, OH Peds isn't accepting any new patients. They were the 1st ones I called since I remember you mentioning them Kriket.

eta:
I just had to make sure I wasn't going crazy and looked through caresource providers, and the vast majority of Peds aren't accepting new patients and the ones that are are the same ones I have the option of seeing on Molina in addition to a few more. So switching to Caresource isn't really worth it.

Anyone w/ any other Ped/family doctor recs outside of the usual?
They are not always the most friendly towards certain things, but we have not had many issues as long as we stay with the "older" physicians in the group -- Pediatric Associates of Dayton. I believe Dr. Darkawa is accepting new CareSource patients. But you can see anyone in the practice.

As for a Family Doc...we use Main Street Family Practice. They are all fairly good about not prescribing meds unless needed...they are also ok with nursing mothers and will double check medications to ensure they are safe for a nursing mom...I am not sure if they are on Molina or just CareSource..but they have Dr. Fujimura; Dr. Janov and Dr. Witburg. I am sure I am spelling last two wrong. They will also do children/babies..but they do not have privs at Children's, only at Good Sam Hospital.
post #44 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenecwalker View Post
Yes it can be hard to find an opening of accepting new patients since they generally pay less than reg. insurance. I think Bobbi (Mrs_Hos) has a ped she likes in Englewood
That and the fact that the number of people on State Funded Insurance has increased dramatically in the last year or two, especially with the loss of some of the Major businesses/companies, and the huge number of people who are currently unemployed due to the loss of employers.
post #45 of 131
If you are in need like, NOW, I think you can call your provider and have them find you an opening. I hope you find someone, I will keep my ears out and see if I hear of anyone.
post #46 of 131
SO my sister is having a pretty craptacular experience with the Lifestages MWs

http://mamiesgoo.livejournal.com/539387.html

Any input?
post #47 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaoskat View Post
They are not always the most friendly towards certain things, but we have not had many issues as long as we stay with the "older" physicians in the group -- Pediatric Associates of Dayton. I believe Dr. Darkawa is accepting new CareSource patients. But you can see anyone in the practice.

As for a Family Doc...we use Main Street Family Practice. They are all fairly good about not prescribing meds unless needed...they are also ok with nursing mothers and will double check medications to ensure they are safe for a nursing mom...I am not sure if they are on Molina or just CareSource..but they have Dr. Fujimura; Dr. Janov and Dr. Witburg. I am sure I am spelling last two wrong. They will also do children/babies..but they do not have privs at Children's, only at Good Sam Hospital.
Pediatric Associates of Dayton is my kids previous practice and I'll never go back there. Darkwa was the 1st doc we used there and I don't have any good things to say about her.

I think I've got the doctor situation figured out. Thanks for your help ladies!
post #48 of 131
Your experience is probably exactly WHY we try to see only Dr. Wingate, unless it is an emergency appt. and she is not available.
post #49 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie19 View Post
SO my sister is having a pretty craptacular experience with the Lifestages MWs

http://mamiesgoo.livejournal.com/539387.html

Any input?
I went to LifeStages and had a fantastic experience. Who is she seeing? The MW or the OBGYNs?
If she tells them she wants to wait a little longer just to be sure I'm sure they will.
I'm sorry she is having a bad experience. I hope things work out for her!

I had Kim, personally I think she is the best one there.
post #50 of 131
Susan.

Kim and Johlanna(?) are the two she's had a good experience with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriket View Post
I went to LifeStages and had a fantastic experience. Who is she seeing? The MW or the OBGYNs?
If she tells them she wants to wait a little longer just to be sure I'm sure they will.
I'm sorry she is having a bad experience. I hope things work out for her!

I had Kim, personally I think she is the best one there.
post #51 of 131
I only had Suzan and Jalana to fill in but they both seemed really nice. Pam seems to be the more medical minded of them.

Is there anyway she can ask to have Kim again?

You will have to keep us posted on how it goes for her. She's in my thoughts.
post #52 of 131
Is anyone familiar with if Ohio requires schools to provide IEP therapies to homeschoolers? My 5 year old son is currently in the special services preschool on an IEP. We are more than likely planning to homeschool in the fall for Kindergarten.
post #53 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenecwalker View Post
Is anyone familiar with if Ohio requires schools to provide IEP therapies to homeschoolers? My 5 year old son is currently in the special services preschool on an IEP. We are more than likely planning to homeschool in the fall for Kindergarten.
I am not 100% certain, but I believe the answer is "No". Technically they are not even required to provide services if you are not in a public school, but many private schools receiving special funding to allow them to contract with their public school district to provide services, but those services are very limited.

Not sure 100% what his diagnosis is, but if it is anything on the Autism Spectrum , including PDD-NOS, you can apply for special scholarships for Autism. You can get more info on the ODE website by doing a search for "Ohio Autism Scholarship Program".
post #54 of 131
The answer is no. Whether or not the public charter virtual schools have to is still yet to be determined. I called k12, but the rep didn't know. She is checking in to it and getting back with me. Ryan's diagnosis is currently Sensory Processing Disorder. He is being monitored for Asperger's, but that diagnosis has not been made. I'm aware of the Autism Scholarship Program but thanks for mentioning it, because I know a lot of people are not.
post #55 of 131
I am not 100% certain about Charter Schools, or even Magnet Schools. But I was fairly certain about home school. It is almost at the bottom of the page...

Ok, this may answer your question...I got it from the Cincinnati Children's Web Page...

Charter Schools
Charter or community schools are state-funded public schools that operate outside of the traditional public school system. They may not discriminate in their student selection, charge tuition or ignore laws relating to health, safety and civil rights. What makes them different from traditional public schools is that they have fewer rules and regulations to follow in such areas as curriculum, grade levels and length of school year. However, they must follow all state and federal laws related to special education, including IDEA and Section 504. Charter schools must provide a free appropriate public education including the development of an IEP or 504 Plan to eligible students.

http://www.cincinnatichildrens.org/s...te-schools.htm
post #56 of 131
Ok, just found this....

http://www.nasdse.org/Portals/0/Web%...Jan%202008.pdf

Look at pg 3, last paragraph....
First and foremost, virtual charter schools that operate under a charter granted in accordance with
their state charter statute are public schools. Therefore, they are required to abide by the same federal
laws pertaining to students with disabilities as their brick and mortar public school peers.

Then go down to pages 9-10...

Ok, I am done, because I am contracting some, making it hard to read...but the whole above link has a lot of useful information it seems....
post #57 of 131
Thanks. I've been talking to someone whose son does get therapy through a virtual school. I will be investigating this more thoroughly.
post #58 of 131
On Tuesday she met with the MW again for an u/s and the sac measured at 5w 5d (friday they said 5w) and they Dx blighted ovum, so she's waiting. She's back at work but had no further cramping/bleeding. She was told her HcG levels went up 700 over night which isn't enough in their opinion SOOO. I guess she should miscarry soon? I'm not sure.
post #59 of 131
Does anyone know of any Day Camps around Dayton where kids can go horseback riding?

DS1's school did a field trip to a farm today, and he really enjoyed it, and really did good for his first time on a horse (including directing the horse himself in a walk, without the horse being lead). I checked out Carriage Hill, but he is 1 year to young for the program.
post #60 of 131
Not sure of any day camps, but there are several places that do lessons
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Indiana, Ohio, Michigan