or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Television › Secret Life of the American Teenager
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Secret Life of the American Teenager - Page 2

post #21 of 63
OMG so funny. That dance was so so so sad. ROFL
post #22 of 63
This really is a not so great season of this show. The writing is poor and the dialogue is over the top but I'm still watching. LOL
post #23 of 63
I"m still watching too...

I love the moment when Ashley's dad caught the guy in the closet. It made me giggle.

Maybe I had other problems when I was in HS (family issues and an eating disorder) but is sex really this big a topic?
post #24 of 63
Ashley's boyfriend in the closet was funny.

When I was in high school sex was a topic but it wasn't the ONLY topic like this show is making it out to be.

I'm guessing that Ricky will be back in the next episode. But I wonder why, after just having put his foot down about wanting to spend time with his son, he would basically quit his job and abandon his apartment when that would take away all the freedom that he's worked so hard to get.
post #25 of 63
What's happening to my ABC Family Shows. Make it or break it was awful this season and Secret Life wasn't that great either. How is it that Ashley has more sense than every one else on the show including her parents? I like Ben's dad though.
post #26 of 63
Amy is REALLY getting on my nerves. I think she's being mean and spiteful.
post #27 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post
Amy is REALLY getting on my nerves. I think she's being mean and spiteful.
Your post made me laugh because DH came in the room while I watched this last night and said, "she's such a mean and spiteful little girl,isn't she?" I really like Ricki this season. He's grown up, is being mature. I was disappointed Adrian went to Amy.

When Adrian slept with Ben was it the night of the mother/daughter dance?
post #28 of 63
Yes, and if she is PG, it will be his baby. I am really aggravated they are having her possibly be PG. She switches pills at the same time the condom breaks...really?? I know it is a soap opera, but it just bugs me.


Didn't Amy agree to what Ricky wanted at the end? I hope she does mature as the show goes on.

One thing that would have bugged me about the custody arrangement- he gets JOhn on the weekends- no school, more down time. She gets John with all the craziness of the week. Just saying....
post #29 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
Didn't Amy agree to what Ricky wanted at the end? I hope she does mature as the show goes on.

.
She did, but she whined the entire episode...and I'm afraid it will just continue.
post #30 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
Yes, and if she is PG, it will be his baby. I am really aggravated they are having her possibly be PG. She switches pills at the same time the condom breaks...really?? I know it is a soap opera, but it just bugs me.


Didn't Amy agree to what Ricky wanted at the end? I hope she does mature as the show goes on.

One thing that would have bugged me about the custody arrangement- he gets JOhn on the weekends- no school, more down time. She gets John with all the craziness of the week. Just saying....
Thanks. I agree making Adrian pregnant is silly. Are they going to have a new girl pregnant every year?

I think Ricky would have gladly taken him during the week but Amy wouldn't have agreed to that and she did agree to what Ricky wanted in the end but she whined about it the entire time. I was disappointed her mother wasn't willing to set her straight. Since Amy had the baby, her character has been my least favorite. She treated Ben poorly last season as well. I am glad they are no longer dating. All of a sudden the entire world revolves around her.

Am I the only one who thinks Ben's father is being a little hard on him?
post #31 of 63
Looks like they went with the silly choice.

And I'm really REALLY tired of Amy's "I'm his mother so I'm better than you" routine. He's trying, dammit, cut him some slack.
post #32 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post
Looks like they went with the silly choice.

And I'm really REALLY tired of Amy's "I'm his mother so I'm better than you" routine. He's trying, dammit, cut him some slack.

ITA. I was also annoyed with Amy being so rude to her mom about Mimzy having a stroke and not being there for John's 1st birthday. Amy is the most annoying character on the show.
post #33 of 63
Ugh my dvr screwed up the last 5 minutes or so. The last thing I saw was Adrian talking to Ben. I'm guessing from what I read somewhere else online that it kind of left cliffhanger not knowing for sure if she's pregnant or not? Was that all that happened in the last few minutes?
post #34 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madalyn View Post
Ugh my dvr screwed up the last 5 minutes or so. The last thing I saw was Adrian talking to Ben. I'm guessing from what I read somewhere else online that it kind of left cliffhanger not knowing for sure if she's pregnant or not? Was that all that happened in the last few minutes?

Yes, Ben is looking out of the window as Adrian has the pregnancy test in her hand. Also, Ricki and Ashley are talking to each other and George and Ann look at each other and are like, "oh no." The new season starts in June.
post #35 of 63
The end of the show this season was SO stupid! I can't believe they're going to have another teen pregnancy-and it's only been 6 years since I was a HS senior and we definitely weren't this focused on sex! I can't believe how self-centered and bratty Amy's character has become either-she acts like she is the only teenager who has ever had a baby! I also think that she's spiteful about letting Ricky and John spend time together-she helped create the situation!
post #36 of 63
If Adrien is pregnant, I would really like to see her choose another option. If she keeps the baby and the show has two teen-mom's who have it relatively easy (supportive family, supportive partners, etc.) the show would be a horrible example for young teens. Amy's situation already makes teen parenting look easier than it is. I would like to see her either chose to end her pregnancy or to give the baby up for adoptiong. Although I highly doubt she'll have an abortion considering the channel the show is on.
post #37 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticklemegreen View Post
If Adrien is pregnant, I would really like to see her choose another option. If she keeps the baby and the show has two teen-mom's who have it relatively easy (supportive family, supportive partners, etc.) the show would be a horrible example for young teens. Amy's situation already makes teen parenting look easier than it is. I would like to see her either chose to end her pregnancy or to give the baby up for adoptiong. Although I highly doubt she'll have an abortion considering the channel the show is on.
I agree with that. I don't think she'll be pregnant. I think it'll turn out she didn't get her period because of stress or something like that. The show will probably take the easy way out.Adrian will get her period citing stress for the reason she was late. The scare will make her rethink how easy she gives herself to guys or something like that. LOL

I also agree they make being a teen mom look so easy. Amy seems to well rested for someone with a one year old who attends school full-time and has a part-time job and goes on dates! She looks parenting look easy for anyone let alone a teen mom. I'm disappointed with how self-entitled and annoying she's been since season 2.
post #38 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbailey View Post
I agree with that. I don't think she'll be pregnant. I think it'll turn out she didn't get her period because of stress or something like that. The show will probably take the easy way out.Adrian will get her period citing stress for the reason she was late. The scare will make her rethink how easy she gives herself to guys or something like that. LOL

I also agree they make being a teen mom look so easy. Amy seems to well rested for someone with a one year old who attends school full-time and has a part-time job and goes on dates! She looks parenting look easy for anyone let alone a teen mom. I'm disappointed with how self-entitled and annoying she's been since season 2.
Yeah, it's going to be stress OR the pill change. They won't do an abortion and having her go through being pregnant won't work because she's the kind of person that will move to another town or something.
post #39 of 63
The new season starts tonight at 8. I hope I'm not the only one watching? I also hope Adrian is not pregnant and I hope Amy is not as irritating this time around.
post #40 of 63
My DVR stopped recording, so I didn't see what happened after Adrian's dad walked out of the room. Or the previews for next week. Anyone wanna fill me in? I'm open to pm's so it doesn't get spoiled.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Television
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Television › Secret Life of the American Teenager