or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Not Mamas Yet Tribe Winter/Spring 2010
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Not Mamas Yet Tribe Winter/Spring 2010 - Page 10

post #181 of 254


Has it been more than 72 hours? If not, you can always get Plan B. I suspect you're out of time though, since you say it's been a few days. All I can say is try to relax and think rationally. When did you ovulate (roughly, it's usually halfway through your cycle)? Realistically, the chances are pretty low that you're pregnant. Stress could prolong your period's arrival more. In the meantime, all you can really do is come up with an emergency pregnancy plan, and wait. It sucks.
post #182 of 254
DH is out of town this weekend.

So far I've watched Baby Mama. Now I'm watching Knocked Up. I've also got Birth of a Family, Attending Birth, and Birth Day lined up.

It's Saturday night with my biological clock. Is it sad that I want to see The Back-Up Plan?
post #183 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius aspiring View Post
DH is out of town this weekend.

So far I've watched Baby Mama. Now I'm watching Knocked Up. I've also got Birth of a Family, Attending Birth, and Birth Day lined up.

It's Saturday night with my biological clock. Is it sad that I want to see The Back-Up Plan?
The Back-Up Plan was hysterically funny, if you can laugh at our crunchy world
post #184 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaBeanie View Post
The Back-Up Plan was hysterically funny, if you can laugh at our crunchy world
Awesome! I can totally laugh at stuff like that. I thought Away We Go and the scenes with LN and her family were so funny. I've seen it three times and DH still makes cracks about it. "So, what do you think about strollers? Do you want to push our baby away from us?" I do think that movie got him thinking about a family bed.
post #185 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius aspiring View Post
Awesome! I can totally laugh at stuff like that. I thought Away We Go and the scenes with LN and her family were so funny. I've seen it three times and DH still makes cracks about it. "So, what do you think about strollers? Do you want to push our baby away from us?" I do think that movie got him thinking about a family bed.
Ha, ok, you'll love it then
post #186 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by oiseau View Post

Here's a question: Have any of you given any thought to what time of year you'd like your babies to be born? I think I'd really like spring babies because that way I'd avoid being hugely pregnant in the summer (I already hate the summer and being hot already...add in an extra human being inside me and I think I might not survive!). Also, lots of animal babies are born in spring, so it just feels natural. Plus, I'd skip having to take a teeny baby out in really cold weather.
That being said, I'd take a baby any time of year!
I agree with you, I'd like spring best. I get cold easily, I don't want to be topless all day learning to nurse in the winter. And we don't have A/C either, so being really pregnant in August would suck.


So, I have ovulated only twice since I went off the pill last Oct. So, obviously TTC isn't going so well.

Two days ago, I went to a specialist to figure out the reason. I have a pile of tests to get done, but he agrees with me it's probably PCOS.
post #187 of 254
Hey, oiseau, you're famous!
post #188 of 254

I just found out tonight that someone else at work is pregnant. I'm absolutely thrilled for her and her husband. At the same time, I'm insanely jealous.

Currently, I know six women who are pregnant and two more women who just had their babies.

This baby 'spolsion is insane!



 


Edited by aquarius aspiring - 12/31/11 at 5:17pm
post #189 of 254
Hi, I'm new! We have been TTC for over 9 months and I'm using that time to explore my child birth and parenting options so that I will be well-prepared when it's "my" time. I don't "belong" on most of these forums so it's nice to have this thread!

I adore my nephew, 2 1/2, and niece, 11 weeks. My SIL had a natural child birth and I find her very inspirational as a mother.
post #190 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by oiseau View Post

Here's a question: Have any of you given any thought to what time of year you'd like your babies to be born? I think I'd really like spring babies because that way I'd avoid being hugely pregnant in the summer (I already hate the summer and being hot already...add in an extra human being inside me and I think I might not survive!). Also, lots of animal babies are born in spring, so it just feels natural. Plus, I'd skip having to take a teeny baby out in really cold weather.
That being said, I'd take a baby any time of year!
I agree, I will take a baby at any point, but I have always wanted a spring baby as well. I was hoping for one this spring, but I will take next spring! Aside from the reasons you list, it would work much better for my work schedule.

My niece was born in February, and that worked out well because the first few weeks it's hard to get out anyway, and now that it's getting nice she is a little bit more mobile and easier to take out.
post #191 of 254
Thread Starter 

.


Edited by oiseau - 9/27/13 at 6:03pm
post #192 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by oiseau View Post
Yeah...our whole tribe gets to be famous for the month of May!!

Welcome jtc!!

I unexpectedly got to meet a 12 day old baby on Sunday. My fiance's cousin's had her bridal shower and the sister of the groom was there with her new baby. He got passed around for a little bit and I was one of the lucky ones who got to hold him. He was waking up while I had him and kept peeking his eyes open trying to figure out what was going on and making funny faces. He was super tiny (7lbs) and may rank as the youngest baby I've ever held (I think my cousin was 14 days old when I met him, my god-daughter was about 3 weeks). Oddly enough, I didn't really get that warm fuzzy must-have-my-own-now feeling while I held him, but it was still really sweet.
I was also witness to even more proof that my fiance is getting more comfortable with having kids of his own. At the same party (it was co-ed, so he was there too), his little almost 3 yr old niece got run into by her 4 yr old brother running at full speed. Usually during that moment between when a kid gets injured and when they scream, my fiance just flinches, bracing for the scream (he hates the sound of crying). On Sunday, though, the second she fell, he ran full speed across the room to swoop her up and comfort her, no hesitation. He held her and reassured her while she screamed and got her calmed down. It was so sweet and my heart just melted for a moment there. He adores her so much and so extra loving with her. He gets sweeter with her every time he sees her and it's so nice to see him relaxing around kids. (He's always been great with kids, but he usually shys away when there's crying or messes involved...not with his niece and nephew). It's such a big change from last year and it makes me so happy...he really will be ok with being a dad someday...and he'll be a really great dad!

(On a sidenote, his uncle (niece & nephew's grandpa) was the one holding the newborn before me. When he handed me the baby, he looked at me holding it and sighed and told me he couldn't wait until fiance and I have grandbabies for him. They won't be official grandbabies, but it was sweet and funny that he said that. He might be more excited than any of our actual parents...except maybe my mom!). Counting down the days...22 months and 3 weeks till I'm far enough out from cancer treatment!!
Awwww! What a great story Thanks for sharing, oiseau!!!
post #193 of 254
little babies are the best so sweet an tiny
post #194 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius aspiring View Post
DH is out of town this weekend.

So far I've watched Baby Mama. Now I'm watching Knocked Up. I've also got Birth of a Family, Attending Birth, and Birth Day lined up.

It's Saturday night with my biological clock. Is it sad that I want to see The Back-Up Plan?
Haha, you sound just like me. 16 & Pregnant, Knocked Up, Baby Mama, Away We Go; I don't care how poorly written the dialogue or cheesy the plot lines. If someone is giving birth, I'll watch it. I'm downloading The Back Up Plan as we speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiseau View Post
Here's a question: Have any of you given any thought to what time of year you'd like your babies to be born? I think I'd really like spring babies because that way I'd avoid being hugely pregnant in the summer (I already hate the summer and being hot already...add in an extra human being inside me and I think I might not survive!). Also, lots of animal babies are born in spring, so it just feels natural. Plus, I'd skip having to take a teeny baby out in really cold weather.
That being said, I'd take a baby any time of year!
My birthday is in May and I've always appreciated the sights and sounds of spring happening at the same time as my birthday. It's the perfect time of year to go outside and enjoy nature! So I would love to have a baby sometime in spring.

Today I was going about my usual business, just catching up on my RSS feeds while the SO played a computer game, when he turned around and asked, "So, when are we going to have a kid?" And I guess we've decided we'll TTC starting July of 2011. So, put me on that list!

I signed up for a half-term Summer class in math. It will be my last college level math class ever!

And, I'm aging out of health insurance coverage from the 'rents at the end of this month, so I'm finally going to the doctor for a whole host of things that I just never got around too. I'm pretty sure I have hypothyroidism (my mother and sister both do, and as soon as my sister got on a pill for it, she lost all her excess weight. ). I went to the doctor today and now I have three referrals, one for a blood test for my thyroid, one for an ultrasound (I haven't had a period for three months, which I hadn't really been worried about, because this has happened my whole life. Should I worry?), and one for a pap smear because I haven't had one in 5 years (again, I don't think I need to worry about this because I'm only about to be 23 and have only had one partner my whole life, who has also only had one partner his whole life(me)). At $25 copay each + school books & fees for this semester, I'm hoping I can get a job soon or our vacation might be nixed. =(

I know I don't post much here, but I'm a hardcore lurker. So to all of you.
post #195 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbledumpster View Post
Haha, you sound just like me. 16 & Pregnant, Knocked Up, Baby Mama, Away We Go; I don't care how poorly written the dialogue or cheesy the plot lines. If someone is giving birth, I'll watch it. I'm downloading The Back Up Plan as we speak.

I'm that way about books -- I'm happy to read anything (fiction or nonfiction) about pregnancy and birth right now!

My husband and I made a small step forward. We decided that after this month's birth control supply is used up (3 more weeks) I will stop taking it and we will switch to condoms. This will give my body a chance to regulate itself and will also force him to think more about being in charge of the birth control. I've been taking the pill for almost 15 years. I'm thrilled to get a break from the hormones! And maybe he'll decide that he's ready to take that next step sooner, rather than later -- that bigger step -- to no birth control...
post #196 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbledumpster View Post
(I haven't had a period for three months, which I hadn't really been worried about, because this has happened my whole life. Should I worry?),

About your fertility? Yes. I was the same, for me its probably PCOS (working on testing right now) and I have ovulated only twice in 7 months, which obviously makes TTC difficult!
post #197 of 254
Can I make a Mother's Day rant here please?

Don't get me wrong. I like Mother's Day. I really do. I think it's a nice holiday for mothers.

However, I hate it when I go out to dinner on Mother's Day and all of the waitstaff says, "Happy Mother's Day if you're a mother" or "Happy Mother's Day". I don't know why, but the whole thing drives me crazy. I know it's just a little thing, but I wish they'd keep their mouths shut. A tiny part of me doesn't want to be reminded that I'm not a mama yet, but it's mostly just annoying to hear it.

I know it's a rant that makes no sense, but I was just thinking about it because DH and I are going out to celebrate our first wedding anniversary (!) and we're bound to hear it at least once or twice.
post #198 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius aspiring View Post
Can I make a Mother's Day rant here please?

Don't get me wrong. I like Mother's Day. I really do. I think it's a nice holiday for mothers.

However, I hate it when I go out to dinner on Mother's Day and all of the waitstaff says, "Happy Mother's Day if you're a mother" or "Happy Mother's Day". I don't know why, but the whole thing drives me crazy. I know it's just a little thing, but I wish they'd keep their mouths shut. A tiny part of me doesn't want to be reminded that I'm not a mama yet, but it's mostly just annoying to hear it.

I know it's a rant that makes no sense, but I was just thinking about it because DH and I are going out to celebrate our first wedding anniversary (!) and we're bound to hear it at least once or twice.
Yea I'm with you on that. For basically all holidays too. What if someone's mother recently passed away? What if they never knew their mother? What if they're Jehovah's Witness (or something) and don't celebrate Mother's Day? I think it's enough when they have signs and it's advertised everywhere else- not always necessary to say it to every single person... Hope your dinner with DH didn't get interrupted/ bothered by too many Mother's Day greetings!!
post #199 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfreelishy View Post
Yea I'm with you on that. For basically all holidays too. What if someone's mother recently passed away? What if they never knew their mother? What if they're Jehovah's Witness (or something) and don't celebrate Mother's Day? I think it's enough when they have signs and it's advertised everywhere else- not always necessary to say it to every single person... Hope your dinner with DH didn't get interrupted/ bothered by too many Mother's Day greetings!!

Luckily, we went to a pretty low-key place and they didn't say anything to us. At the end of our meal, the waiter gave me a yellow flower which I guess they were handing out to all the mothers. That wasn't too bad, but it was a little awkward.

I've been complaining a lot on this board and in real life and I feel terrible for doing it all the time. Sure, I've got a lot of stress at work right now, but complaining's not going to help. I need to think happy thoughts!















 


Edited by aquarius aspiring - 12/31/11 at 5:20pm
post #200 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius aspiring View Post
Luckily, we went to a pretty low-key place and they didn't say anything to us. At the end of our meal, the waiter gave me a yellow flower which I guess they were handing out to all the mothers. That wasn't too bad, but it was a little awkward.

I've been complaining a lot on this board and in real life and I feel terrible for doing it all the time. Sure, I've got a lot of stress at work right now, but complaining's not going to help. I need to think happy thoughts!

All that being said....I think this tribe is the only place I can put my latest rant.

Last night, after I got home from a ten-hour workday, DH told me that he found a great deal and bought a new computer. I wasn't particularly enthusiastic about his find because the man already has...three, maybe four computers. It's hard to keep track. He mentioned to me about two weeks ago if I would be okay with him buying a mac because he's starting a home computer business and he's not that familar with macs. I agreed with him that it was probably a good investment. He bought it that night.

I'm having more trouble with the computer he just bought last night. Why in the world does he need another computer? He already has a mac, a pc, a netbook, a blackberry, and an ipod touch. I know...he's a gadget geek.

At first, I thought I was bothered by just the money that he spent. But it's his money and he can spend it on what he wants. We don't combine our money on anything because he's paying the rent while I'm in school and paying off student loans. The money part bothers me because he always claims that he doesn't make enough money to support a child right now and that's part of the reason he doesn't want kids for a couple of years. Well, maybe if he'd stop blowing all his money on gadgets, he'd have more money to save!

I think what's also bugging me is that I don't see the point of having another computer. It's hard for me to see his side because I'm not a geek at all and I have my laptop and that's it.

The last big purchase I made was buying attendance to the midwifery conference and paying for the hotel room and we took money out of our savings account for that (all the money that his parents have given us for our wedding, birthdays, and Christmases).

Am I overreacting to this situation? We've been married for a year now and we've never had "our" money. Is that the way it's supposed to work? He makes twice as much as me and has his money. I work two part-time jobs and use my money. We keep talking about needing to set up a budget, but I have no idea where to start.

Whew! This post started out with one thing and turned into something else entirely. Thank you for reading!
i'd be a little mad especially since he didnt talk to you about it. maybe it is time to sit down and talk about some kind of budget for the future so you can start thinking about children you might want to head over to the frugality and finance section of MDC those ladies are great with budgets
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Connect With Other Moms
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Not Mamas Yet Tribe Winter/Spring 2010