or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › January 2010 › OK- who's left? (still waiting)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OK- who's left? (still waiting) - Page 3

post #41 of 161
I'm here! And i feel completely ready. I'm not at the point of wishing the baby out because i still feel great, but I'm ready and eager to meet this little one (this is our first baby). I talked my midwife into doing an internal exam yesterday at 39weeks 4days and i'm 40% effaced and 1cm dilated. I was so excited to hear that! Every night, i go to bed thinking "this could be it!" What a strange strange limbo this is that we're all in. There's really nothing else like it! I'm so grateful to have this forum because it's a little place I can go to get rid of some of my obsessive waiting energy! Sending everyone happy labor vibes!
post #42 of 161
Still here also... tons of prodromal labour, I am dilated to about 4 etc... but nothing real happening...

I had the same thong with ds#1 and #3 and with both I went to 42 weeks so I have a feeling I should have joined Feb DDC also...
post #43 of 161
I'm still here too! 38 weeks today (due the 30th). Who knows when she will decide to come out??
post #44 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiechrissy View Post
like I'm gonna go to the bathroom and just start crowning randomly. LOL.
Wouldn't this take the cake...fastest labor ever!

scarletjane
What a strange strange limbo this is that we're all in. There's really nothing else like it!

I love this quote!! It explains pregnancy so well.
post #45 of 161
Had a cervical check this aft... 1.5 cm dilated, very soft, but still a little posterior. I have a feeling this baby is waiting until his due date... or a little after. It's fine but man, I was sure this kiddo would come a little early like Robin did. I'm trying to be zen about it and enjoy the break from insane prodromal labor.

As of 1:15 this morning, I've never been this pregnant before! My daughter was born at 39w3d.
post #46 of 161
Today is my u/s EDD and I still have nothing. DAMN! I so thought Fri/Sat would be *it*, but clearly my psychic skills are off...
post #47 of 161
I'm still here. I'm getting so miserable, I pray I don't go 41 weeks like I did with the others. I'm going to the MW today and then we're going into town for lunch and shopping (need new dishes). Maybe that'll kick start labor.

Did I say I'm miserable? I hurt so bad.

On the plus side, dh sent me to bed Friday afternoon through Saturday night because we don't want to have the baby on a Saturday. I got to lay in bed all day. He and dd took care of the little boys and brought me food and drinks. Man, that was good and I totally milked it!
post #48 of 161
it's our due date today! and...nothing to report, lol! dp is still pretty zen about the whole thing. smokeylo, i gave birth at 39w3d with our son, so dp has been more pregnant than me for several days.

we have an ob appt on wednesday at which point they will check her for progression.

g
post #49 of 161
I'm still pregnant. It's our 6th wedding anniversary today. I never thought I'd still be pregnant for that, so we didn't make any plans! I think we'll try see if we can find a babysitter for our two year old and attempt to go out for dinner. Maybe if we make plans the baby will make its appearance.

I'm pretty frustrated by the stop and start labour. I've been having contractions in the evening over the last couple of days. DH was home for them yesterday so got to see it happening, I think he might understand my frustration a little better now.
post #50 of 161
Since my cervical check yesterday I've had a LOT more discharge, although no bloody show/"plug". I've also been kind of crampy, but it doesn't necessarily feel different than every other day I've had BH/cramps this week.

Come on baby! Weekends are a great time to get born!
post #51 of 161
Still here. Still no signs. Starting to feel incredibly emotional and touchy. Trying to stay active, walk, etc. I feel stuck in this strange limbo - it's winter, there's a toddler to entertain/engage/mother and I feel plum uninspired for creative indoor activities. Family is calling every day and asking about the state of my cervix.

Seriously? I yelled at DH while he was on the phone with his Aunt - talking about how dilated (or not) and effaced (or not) I am: "This is MY vagina, MY cervix, and MY body and it is NO ONE'S F@($@(#$* BUSINESS how dilated I am!"
post #52 of 161


still here. I'll be 41 weeks on Wednesday and I'm really hoping baby has decided to arrive by then. I am miserable.
post #53 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaheroine View Post


still here. I'll be 41 weeks on Wednesday and I'm really hoping baby has decided to arrive by then. I am miserable.
I think the hardest thing is seeing women who are due after us having their babies before us. Just seems cruel. I am not jealous, I am not jealous, not not not. Okay maybe a wee bit.

I know we all birth at different times, but gimmeabreak here. I just want one baby to arrive around the time they are supposed to. *Bawls like a baby* cause there isn't a baby here yet. I am so emotional right now it sucks.
post #54 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faliciagayle View Post
Seriously? I yelled at DH while he was on the phone with his Aunt - talking about how dilated (or not) and effaced (or not) I am: "This is MY vagina, MY cervix, and MY body and it is NO ONE'S F@($@(#$* BUSINESS how dilated I am!"
This is so me! LOL DH doesn't understand why it irritates me so much and neither do I really but it does. I swear my DH would post my dilation/effacement/station stats on his FB status if he knew I wouldn't choke him. He is getting on my nerves! Asking me every morning if I feel any different. Poor guy, he's just so antsy to see this baby.
post #55 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaytonPlace View Post
This is so me! LOL DH doesn't understand why it irritates me so much and neither do I really but it does. I swear my DH would post my dilation/effacement/station stats on his FB status if he knew I wouldn't choke him. He is getting on my nerves! Asking me every morning if I feel any different. Poor guy, he's just so antsy to see this baby.
YES! Every morning when my dh gets up for work, he hopefully asks how I feel, hoping I am going to say don't leave, today's the day, so he can stay home! Mostly, I am so SICK of my (well-intentioned, but really annoying) MIL calling and asking and already having been updated by DH, and answering the phone as if it is an emergency every time I have to call her for something....sheesh! Can't I just call to ask about dinner, anymore?
post #56 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxye View Post
Still here also... tons of prodromal labour, I am dilated to about 4 etc... but nothing real happening...

I had the same thong with ds#1 and #3 and with both I went to 42 weeks so I have a feeling I should have joined Feb DDC also...
I thought for sure you would go when you earlier posted that you were 4cm and you could feel the bag!!!
post #57 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faliciagayle View Post

Seriously? I yelled at DH while he was on the phone with his Aunt - talking about how dilated (or not) and effaced (or not) I am: "This is MY vagina, MY cervix, and MY body and it is NO ONE'S F@($@(#$* BUSINESS how dilated I am!"
lol.
post #58 of 161
I am still here, but I sort of expected it. My last two were born at 7 and 10 days past due.

For some reason though, I thought maybe this time I would possibly go early. Well, 39 weeks today. Thats ok. I am having a lot of pain in my front down low and my lower back. Slept pretty good though. Although, I am tossing and turning constanly and the trips to the bathroom are ALL night long. THats new.

I dont have the husband that asks in the am how I feel. I have to complain about something and then he asks. He's the kind of guy that doesn't worry about anything. He just waits for it all to come. He thinks I'm crazy.

Been having pretty regular braxton hicks and I welcome them, but they are not painful. I like the feeling.
post #59 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeyho View Post
YES! Every morning when my dh gets up for work, he hopefully asks how I feel, hoping I am going to say don't leave, today's the day, so he can stay home! Mostly, I am so SICK of my (well-intentioned, but really annoying) MIL calling and asking and already having been updated by DH, and answering the phone as if it is an emergency every time I have to call her for something....sheesh! Can't I just call to ask about dinner, anymore?
I can totally commiserate with you there. My ILs are totally great, don't get me wrong. But FIL calls ALL.THE.TIME. and asks dh if there is anything new, any news, any action, etc. etc. Well, since MIL is supposed to watch the kids when I go into labor--they are going to know! We won't forget to call them and accidentally take the kids with us to the hospital. It's just not going to happen.

When anyone from the "inner circle" (so to speak) just can't control themselves anymore and has to call for an update, I'm just DYING to say, "OHMYGOD!! We had the baby last week!! Did we forget to call you?! I am SO SORRY!!!!" I mean seriously, mom, MIL, FIL, sisters, brothers, best friends... you are going to know! I promise!
post #60 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryFields View Post
When anyone from the "inner circle" (so to speak) just can't control themselves anymore and has to call for an update, I'm just DYING to say, "OHMYGOD!! We had the baby last week!! Did we forget to call you?! I am SO SORRY!!!!"
I just said this to my husband not even an hour ago! My father kept asking if "Junior flipped yet" (remember, he was breech until last week - and his name is NOT going to be Junior which just ticks me off) until I said "Please stop asking about anything baby related...I just want to talk about other stuff." It worked, but I still have people calling/emailing and I just don't respond. Why don't people remember that I WILL call to inform them off the off-spring?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: January 2010
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › January 2010 › OK- who's left? (still waiting)