or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Toddler › Life with a Toddler › Let's play a game--Guess That Word!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Let's play a game--Guess That Word! - Page 8

post #141 of 250
Man that is hard, because it sounds like it's a comp-something and she's correcting you to "comp-WHERE"

Contrabass? Calliope? how close was she

First thought, naturally, was computer, but that wouldn't be hard and isn't exclusively a music player.
post #142 of 250
Not my child, but when my niece was little my sister was told by the daycare that my niece was saying "motherf@&%*#!". My sister and her dh didn't use that word and were shocked, figuring the daycare was mistaken. But sure enough she started saying it at home as well. In the end they figured out she just wanted "more cracker"
post #143 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
Man that is hard, because it sounds like it's a comp-something and she's correcting you to "comp-WHERE"

Contrabass? Calliope? how close was she

First thought, naturally, was computer, but that wouldn't be hard and isn't exclusively a music player.
She was not close at all, lol. The only similarities are that both words end in an R sound and both words are accented on the 2nd syllable.
post #144 of 250
Thread Starter 
I have a new word!

It is "oosh". Sometimes it is "Ohsh"

It does actually start with 'O'. The "sh" is supposed to be a /j/ like the start of jelly sound.

guesses?
post #145 of 250
orange or OJ?
post #146 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
She was not close at all, lol. The only similarities are that both words end in an R sound and both words are accented on the 2nd syllable.
Ok nobody guessed my word so I'll just say it.

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Guitar


post #147 of 250
Thread Starter 
you're good, it is "orange" which is also "apple" lol because "apple" means any fruit that is not a banana of course! ("oosh" being relatively new and "apple" being the previous word he tends to 'forget' when excited about the opportunity to eat one lol)

I have a new one "fi" (long 'i')
post #148 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Ok nobody guessed my word so I'll just say it.

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Guitar



I was thinking "player".

Got a new one today. "pear" Not about food.
post #149 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceful_mama View Post
you're good, it is "orange" which is also "apple" lol because "apple" means any fruit that is not a banana of course! ("oosh" being relatively new and "apple" being the previous word he tends to 'forget' when excited about the opportunity to eat one lol)

I have a new one "fi" (long 'i')
despite not having peaches, apples were referred to by the sign for peaches for the longest time around here.

Fi...fi....hmmm, fire?
post #150 of 250
Thread Starter 
here is a clue---he is holding his hand up when he says it And it's not "bye" that is actually 'bye'

pear.....not a food.....player? CD player? she wants music? lol (maybe now everybody has Ipods but me lol)
post #151 of 250
High five?

"pear" is really more "pu-air"

(Funnily "pear" pronounced exactly correctly, is her word for avocados, but I think that's her being confused by the shape. My parents have a pear tree and she and my dad went through tons of pears on our visit this summer.)
post #152 of 250
pear = prayer maybe?
post #153 of 250
Thread Starter 
Yup sapphire gets it again! he wants to be in on the high-fives


OK now I've REALLY got one, good luck with this! Tonight's new word is---"we-oh"

Context: playtime. and it goes along with a song I sing and a specific toy.
post #154 of 250
Thread Starter 
I'm gonna go with "pu-air" being "prayer" too

sapphire--my baby does the same thing as yours with "pear" except that his word is "apple"--pronouced correctly--and it literally means "any fruit that is not a banana"

Except "pear" which he also said for the first time correctly, about an actual pear, at supper tonight.

so I guess now "apple" means any fruit that is not a banana or a pear. Even though he says "oosh" if I say "orange" when he first sees it and is all excited, he still says "apple"

Oh and yesterday he got all excited about a piece of melon and yelled "apple, apple" for it I said "no, Melon" he said "mmmmmmmm" just thought that was cute (especially since he adores melon!)
post #155 of 250
so cute!

"pu-air" is "computer"

Is we-oh "wheel" and in reference to a toy bus that has wheels that go round and round?
post #156 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceful_mama View Post
OK now I've REALLY got one, good luck with this! Tonight's new word is---"we-oh"

Context: playtime. and it goes along with a song I sing and a specific toy.
Wheel? Like in "wheels on the bus"?
post #157 of 250
I'm gonna guess wheel too.
post #158 of 250
Thread Starter 
I figured I should've said it wasn't "wheel" or "Wheels on the Bus"

It DOES start with "w" sound, it is missing a middle syllable, and the "oh" on the end is subbing for a 'harder' sound for a baby to make.

but it IS to a song that is on a specific toy.
post #159 of 250
Thread Starter 
I have another one. This was confusing only because it was *our* house but FINALLY I got a clue

babe would climb up on the kitchen table and then sit or stand in the middle of it yelling "Bee-bo, Bee-bo!" Now, in our house, thanks to Sandra Boynton, that means "belly-button" (Google her or "belly button book" it's hilarious.)

So here I am wondering why the heck my kid would be in the middle of the table yelling about bellybuttons.....

When he FINALLY got it out just a *little* clearer I realized he was actually saying "Table" like "Here I am stuck on the table come rescue me!"

(not that I left him there cause i didn't know what he meant )
post #160 of 250


is the thing that isn't "wheel" Weeble?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Life with a Toddler
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Toddler › Life with a Toddler › Let's play a game--Guess That Word!