or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › I'm Pregnant › *~ The BSL Graduates and Stalking Thread - Jan/Feb ~*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*~ The BSL Graduates and Stalking Thread - Jan/Feb ~* - Page 4

post #61 of 304
Its a nice constant nausea during the morning and only comes back throughout the day after I eat... its sort of odd, but whatever. Its better than the HG I had with my son!

Still no silly crying fits like I had with DD. Cant help but wonder if that means its a boy that Im no overly emotional like I was with DD... since I wasnt overly emotional with DS either...

Ah, but Im sure theres no correlation. Just really cant shake the feeling that its a boy.
post #62 of 304
Thread Starter 
Ooh of Lyndzies suggestions for Pinoikoi, I really like Yalena. And just wait, now that you are having that little girl you've wanted... you will be forced to watch all things PRINCESS! (My stepson is very into Star Wars currently too... that and all things Lego.)

I think eventually a name just becomes the right one for a kid... I know some of you feel like your names don't "fit" you, but my DD has a pretty common name for her year of birth, but I certainly couldn't see her having a different one! She IS what we named her.

Quote:
LZP - Also, I seem to have lost the veil of tact that I once had... I just say things without realizing that they're not exactly appropriate, or kind... and then maybe realize WAY later. oops. a blanket apology for those times. I mean well


I explained it to DH that when I am not PG I have a "filter". When I am PG that filter just goes completely and totally away. Unfortunately, he bears the brunt of my filter-less speech . I just really, really, need quiet ME-TIME by the end of the evening, and then when he wants to cuddle, my body is like SCREAMING... leave me alone!!! Not 100% of the time, but last night sure was one of them. We decided that Baby Caleb overstimulates me...

I remember feeling like I was either going to burst into tears or bite someone's head off. I felt like offering people the option, which would you prefer?

Nausea can be horrific when you have it... I promised I wouldn't complain, but from weeks 10-11 when it was constant 24/7, whether I ate or not, it was pretty awful... though I was glad the little bean continued to grow and stick! It is nice to have my appetite back!
post #63 of 304
So Im going to whine a little here... since this IS the BSL preggers thread...

I got pregnant, announced the pregnancy on FB (after all of the appropriate people were told) so that no one freaked out about me constantly being sick and start thinking I have swine flu or that Im doing chemo for some cancer and not telling them...

Two days later DFs cousin announced her pregnancy.

Everyone is oh so excited over that one and barely even said grats to DF on his (his first child!) Its not like its her parents first grandchild, she has tons of neices and nephews...

but its either the fact that I already have two kids... or the fact that we arent married... that makes ours just not special or exciting. and it pisses me off.

She tried one friggin month and got knocked up right away...

I tried 7 and it finally happened and they brush mine off like its something that happens everyday.
post #64 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post

Two days later DFs cousin announced her pregnancy.

Everyone is oh so excited over that one and barely even said grats to DF on his (his first child!) Its not like its her parents first grandchild, she has tons of neices and nephews...

but its either the fact that I already have two kids... or the fact that we arent married... that makes ours just not special or exciting. and it pisses me off.
That sucks.

Is it possible that it is also because the cousin is a girl? When men get "pregnant" (ie their partners are) it seems more distant than when women get pregnant.. So I think it is possible that even if this were your first baby and you were already married and that situation were the same with the cousin, the relatives might still be more interested in the cousin's baby since they know her really well and can live vicariously through all her changes rather than with you who they know in the more short term sense..

I think I am rambling.. and you know them better than I do just thinking out loud I guess.
post #65 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoikoi View Post
That sucks.

Is it possible that it is also because the cousin is a girl? When men get "pregnant" (ie their partners are) it seems more distant than when women get pregnant.. So I think it is possible that even if this were your first baby and you were already married and that situation were the same with the cousin, the relatives might still be more interested in the cousin's baby since they know her really well and can live vicariously through all her changes rather than with you who they know in the more short term sense..

I think I am rambling.. and you know them better than I do just thinking out loud I guess.
The biological cousin is her husband, theyve been married a year but just after they got married he deployed and just got home. So its pretty much the same exact situation, Im just not married to him yet.


Me not living up there couldnt be the problem either, considering they live out in CA.
post #66 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
The biological cousin is her husband, theyve been married a year but just after they got married he deployed and just got home. So its pretty much the same exact situation, Im just not married to him yet.


Me not living up there couldnt be the problem either, considering they live out in CA.
Oh dear. I guess I misunderstood that the pregnant one was the cousin in law.. sorry. I think that made it worse now. Woops.
post #67 of 304
Mae - I worry about getting negative attention (or ignored) on FB too... I sometimes forget that although the rest of our close friends and family know we're TTC and supportive of both our partnership and desire to be parents... there are a whole lot of distant relatives and not-as-close friends who may have a negative reaction.

I say screw them. I'm going to try really hard not to let them rain on my parade (if they attempt to through nasty comments or ignorance). I think your situation sucks for sure... but I hope you're able to let it roll off after the initial sting wears off.

Seriously, what is WRONG with some people? Grrrr. I feel badly for your DF not getting the attention he should as an expectant dad.
post #68 of 304
Its not so much the relatives I dont know...


as much as DFs mom and brothers.

That hurts.
post #69 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
S
Everyone is oh so excited over that one and barely even said grats to DF on his (his first child!) Its not like its her parents first grandchild, she has tons of neices and nephews...

but its either the fact that I already have two kids... or the fact that we arent married... that makes ours just not special or exciting. and it pisses me off.

She tried one friggin month and got knocked up right away...

I tried 7 and it finally happened and they brush mine off like its something that happens everyday.
I bet people think you didn't "want" the baby bc you are not married yet. Didn't you say his family is very traditional??? They probably thought it was an ooops, now we are having a baby. . Who knows, people are weird.
post #70 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
I bet people think you didn't "want" the baby bc you are not married yet. Didn't you say his family is very traditional??? They probably thought it was an ooops, now we are having a baby. . Who knows, people are weird.
That makes sense I guess... since his SIL asked me how I felt about the pregnancy before getting excited about it (shes the only one in his family to regularly talk to me about it... the others talk to me but never so much as mention the pregnancy.)

DF said his parents were excited but quickly changed the subject when he told them to the laptop he sent them (some questions about it) and that frustrates me too. How can they be excited but have a laptop be more important?
post #71 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
DF said his parents were excited but quickly changed the subject when he told them to the laptop he sent them (some questions about it) and that frustrates me too. How can they be excited but have a laptop be more important?
That is really hurtful. I did not realize it was immediate family. I'm sorry, mama.
post #72 of 304
Now DH says he likes Annabelle. I really like Gwendolyn and Genevieve. He says they are too old school. How are they too old vs a name like Annabelle!?
post #73 of 304
Mae, that's crummy. I'm sorry to hear it. I think Lauren might be on to something with the suggestion that his relatives might be unsure of intentionality. It's still unfortunate that they're not more excited and supportive.

I feel like I almost have the opposite problem. My mother-in-law is almost *too* excited. She's a Pollyanna of a woman--everything is always rainbows and sunshine and "special"--and I just want for her to calm down. This baby isn't about her. We had to be really firm when she kept begging to tell her sister and friends before we were ready to announce our pregnancy. One would think that she'd be more sensitive given that we had a miscarriage after announcing before and that it had taken us over a year and a half of trying to conceive this pregnancy. One would be wrong.

I feel like I deserve the world's smallest violin for this. It's great that she's happy and supportive, but I'd like to be able to have a normal conversation with her without her getting all teary about all of the things that "her grandchild" will see and do. I haven't even been able to ask her the things about her pregnancies that I'd like to because she won't come down to earth enough to function as a normal person and because I don't have the energy to deal with her wide-eyed acceptance of the medical maternity system. It feels relevant to know how big my husband was when he was born and how far along she was in her pregnancy, but I don't feel like I can ask because I can't just have a rational human conversation with her. It's frustrating.

My aunt was discharged from the hospital today. We expect to receive her pathology reports on Tuesday of next week and I'm a bundle of nerves for now. There's nothing I can really do about it other than wait and wonder.

Pinoikoi--if you feel restricted to choosing a Y or U name, I do like Una and Uli as Lyndzies suggested. Uma, Yael, and Yuki are nice options, even if Yuki does have some teasing potential.
post #74 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkyld View Post
I haven't even been able to ask her the things about her pregnancies that I'd like to because she won't come down to earth enough to function as a normal person and because I don't have the energy to deal with her wide-eyed acceptance of the medical maternity system. It feels relevant to know how big my husband was when he was born and how far along she was in her pregnancy, but I don't feel like I can ask because I can't just have a rational human conversation with her. It's frustrating.

My aunt was discharged from the hospital today. We expect to receive her pathology reports on Tuesday of next week and I'm a bundle of nerves for now. There's nothing I can really do about it other than wait and wonder.
I made sure to ask all those questions before I got pregnant lol... however, I know from personal experience that it may not have ANY effect on your children. I was 9 pounds at birth, my first twos father was over 10 pounds at birth. I was born on my due date and their father was three weeks late. (yes seriously)

Both of my children were 7 pounds and some ounces... DD was about as close to average as you can get and has continued to hit 50th percentile on height/weight charts her entire life so far. DS was born 4 days late... induced due to some complications (I had been on bedrest 20 weeks at that point)

DD was born around 3 days early.

So the knowledge that DF was born sometime around his due date and was something like 8 pounds (nearly a direct quote lol) really does not make much difference to me... I still feel I will have a pretty average sized baby from my previous experiences.

As for your aunt, I will add her to my prayers. They are doing an MRI and CAT scans on my grandmother today to find out if she had a stroke yesterday and to see just how bad her lungs have gotten. They are going to keep her in the hospital until they figure out why she was acting so very weird yesterday and why her blood sugar was bouncing all over the place (between 75 and over 500!) so Im already praying a lot.
post #75 of 304
Pinoikoi-- you know what? I was thinking of this... after 4 boys who have vowel names, your girl should GET the consonant. . Why not? It still makes her special.
post #76 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
Pinoikoi-- you know what? I was thinking of this... after 4 boys who have vowel names, your girl should GET the consonant. . Why not? It still makes her special.
Hee! Lauren's got a point.

Mae, thank you for thinking of my aunt. It's been really stressful.

Thanks also for your words about birth size and heredity. My husband's parents frequently go on about how huge our kid is going to be because both my husband and his brother are big guys, but my family isn't all that big and my nutrition habits are far different from my mother-in-law's. My husband's brother is the really big dude but, well, I'm not having his kid. His size 20 shoes (that the in-laws keep harping about) are less relevant than my husband's size 13s.
post #77 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
Pinoikoi-- you know what? I was thinking of this... after 4 boys who have vowel names, your girl should GET the consonant. . Why not? It still makes her special.
Sorry, I am pretty OCD about some things, and not having a vowel makes the collection of names "unfinished" for me.
post #78 of 304
I'm so so so happy this thread is here! I was always partly (only partly!!!) sad when ladies graduated because then they moved on and got hard to stalk. Now here you all are, chatting away. I can't wait to join you!!!!
post #79 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
I'm so so so happy this thread is here! I was always partly (only partly!!!) sad when ladies graduated because then they moved on and got hard to stalk. Now here you all are, chatting away. I can't wait to join you!!!!
And we cant wait to have you join us! Which shouldnt be too long now should it? what is it down to 5 weeks?
post #80 of 304
Just nearly had my first silly cry...

was going through flair buttons on facebook and found one based on the song: two people fell in love by brad paisley (love him and his music!)

and started tearing up!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: I'm Pregnant
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › I'm Pregnant › *~ The BSL Graduates and Stalking Thread - Jan/Feb ~*