or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Tell me about cell salts.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tell me about cell salts. - Page 58

post #1141 of 1199

that is VERY odd.  I am going to have to take a peek at that.  It's still fine...I've just not ever seen that.  I don't use Hylands, but still...that's quite a deviation from the norm.

post #1142 of 1199

PB-can you remind me which ones you use? I know it's in this thread somewhere. Also, do you still make larger orders including orders for others here at MDC? I'm not married to Hylands--especially if they are deviating from the norm.

post #1143 of 1199

I use Luyties brand from 1800Homeopathy, which PB talks about in this thread. Good for anyone without lactose issues, better quality than Hyland's.

 

DD takes the Bioplasma 6x (Luyties) and I take the Bio 12x (Luyties). We both started with Hyland's Bio, which works for her but not for me.

 

If you have lactose issues, then there are other brands that PB talks about in this thread.

 

BTW, I am also interested in larger quantity bottles...all of our calcs are very low.

post #1144 of 1199

I'm now out of most of the large sizes.  They aren't due in to July or so.  Luyties is a good brand.  I use BestMade.

post #1145 of 1199

i could use some advice...i'm pretty overwhelmed by the sheer size of this thread.  anybody who has any advice for me i'd really appreciate it.

 

i have a nonverbal 2yo with some pretty severe sensory issues and developmental delays.  extremely picky eater (will not eat sweet things of any kind, will really only eat things with tomato sauce on them, goldfish, or potato chips - she doesn't get the latter 2 very often).  she has recently been diagnosed with 6 cavities and i'm holding off on traditional treatments (w/sedation) so i can have time to hopefully heal her cavities and remineralize her teeth.  

 

lastly, she is constantly withholding her poop - we have to do suppositories in order to get her to go, and i absolutely hate doing that.  we had her on miralax for a while but i just didn't feel good about it so she's off of that now.  i cannot seem to get probiotics into her. i've tried powders and liquids and she won't take anything.  just tonight she vomited up our latest attempts.  

 

any suggestions for any of that  stuff??  please PM me. :)

post #1146 of 1199

malabsorption issues also lead to tooth decay. my children and i have fructose malabsorption syndrome. it causes sugar cravings. the longer we are on a fructose free diet the better we feel. the salts we use go directly to our teeth. you also need to be bale to absorb all the right nutrients from food too. your kid sounds like she has a food intolerance as well.

post #1147 of 1199

Best cell salts for sunburn?  eyesroll.gif  I underestimated how long DD was actually going to play outside today and her shoulders are pretty red.  I started her on Ferrum Phos for inflammation already.  Anything else?

 

So my good friend Google also told me to use #9 and #11.  I only have #11 so I did that one as well. 

 

I have Belladonna, which I may resort to later on tonight if it starts to hurt.  Can anyone recommend a dosage & schedule for that?

post #1148 of 1199

cantharis is a much better remedy for burns.  I'd put it in water and have her do 4 doses, a half hour apart (you can do more if she is feeling better as well.)  Then 3 times a day for 3 days if she needs it.  I also apply lavender topically.  For a large area you can dilute it in water and spray it.  Calendula is lovely for burns too-but the tincture, not the oil.

post #1149 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

cantharis is a much better remedy for burns.  I'd put it in water and have her do 4 doses, a half hour apart (you can do more if she is feeling better as well.)  Then 3 times a day for 3 days if she needs it.  I also apply lavender topically.  For a large area you can dilute it in water and spray it.  Calendula is lovely for burns too-but the tincture, not the oil.


I don't have cantharis or calendula (time to add them to the shopping list!), but I do have lavendar that I can dilute and spray on the burn.  Thanks for the help!

 

post #1150 of 1199

I wrote a good beginner's article on my blog about them:

http://littlemountainhomeopathy.wordpress.com/2011/05/09/homeopathic-cell-salts/

 

Cheers

 

Sonya McLeod, BA, DCH

Little Mountain Homeopathy

post #1151 of 1199

thanks for sharing!

post #1152 of 1199

You're welcome :) I believe in educating people to empower them to make decisions about their own health. I believe that's what the alternative health movement is all about. 

post #1153 of 1199

then you'll fit in nicely here!

post #1154 of 1199

Got another hangnail that got red and puffy. OUCH!!! Yesterday I remembered to put 1 Ferr Phos directly on the hangnail and surrounding tissue. Like MAGIC, the hangnail shrunk and fell off and the skin is completely back to normal in a few hours. love.gif

 

I took some Ferr Phos internally, too, but strongly believe it was the external application that did the trick.

 

I don't usually get hangnails anymore and I've gotten two fairly close together. Made me go hmmmm.... I think I figured out why. I ran out of my little jar of coconut oil (VCO) I had been using as face moisturizer followed by rubbing the excess into my fingernails every day. I switched back to regular face lotion I already had in order to use it up. I'm trying to use existing products up while experimenting with easier, healthier, less wasteful alternatives. I miss the VCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is simple (it doesn't get any simpler than one single ingredient), healthy (you can eat it, which we do), one huge jar can be used for soooo many purposes, and it lasts a L O N G time. love.gif

post #1155 of 1199

usually ds alerts me to a hangnail when i don't have cell salts handy.  so i have him chew up a plantain leaf and slap it on.  works like a charm too!

post #1156 of 1199

About 2 weeks ago I took antibiotics for 5 days due to a tooth abcess caused by a cracked tooth. Reluctantly, I took them.  So since I have stopped

I have had this weird raw feeling in my mouth.  Just irritated. I read one can get yeast infections in the mouth from antiobiotic use.  When I look inside my mouth

it does not look like thrush as they explain on line but I cannot think of any other reason why I have this.  So what cell salt would best help me with this?

Would it be silica?  Thanks for your help. This is so irritating.

post #1157 of 1199

I was just directed to this thread.  I'm so enticed by what I've read here, but like all new beginners feel a little daunted with all the info.  I've had health issues for a few years now.  I had related them all to stress at the time, but they still linger occasionally and I'm sick of dealing with them and don't want them to get worse.  I've been pondering going on the GAPS diet, but if these can help, I'd rather do that than change my family's entire lifestyle (we already eat very healthy, organic, grass fed foods and walk everywhere, etc).  

I have a 13 month old, still nursing  I am constantly borderline anemic and struggled at the end of pregnancy, especially.  I was able to raise my iron on supplements, but I really hate taking supplements like that.  And Floradix was just awful to me.  I deal with: stomach aches, joint pain, "restless foot" (from iron deficiency as much as I can tell), heart burn, sensitive teeth, TMJ and was previously diagnosed with adrenal fatigue syndrome (though think that was more a symptom than the base cause of everything else, and I don't feel as though I have chronic fatigue anymore). I've always had stomach aches for as long as I can remember, but they became horrible three years ago when I was under a LOT of stress (which is when everything else started - the anemia, the joint pain, etc).  

I was also very sick during pregnancy.  I was recently told that was related to a spleen deficiency according to Chinese Medicine. I don't know anything about CM, but I fit their symptoms for a deficient spleen.  WOuld cell salts potentially help with sickness related to pregnancy? (We're talking the throwing up 7+ times a day for 6 months kind of sickness.)

My heartburn from pregnancy is still lingering 13 months later.  Always in the evenings and especially if I have water before eating.  I've NEVER had this problem.

Would love any advice and direction.  

Thanks!  

post #1158 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerlilyMama View Post

I was just directed to this thread.  I'm so enticed by what I've read here, but like all new beginners feel a little daunted with all the info.  I've had health issues for a few years now.  I had related them all to stress at the time, but they still linger occasionally and I'm sick of dealing with them and don't want them to get worse.  I've been pondering going on the GAPS diet, but if these can help, I'd rather do that than change my family's entire lifestyle (we already eat very healthy, organic, grass fed foods and walk everywhere, etc).  

I have a 13 month old, still nursing  I am constantly borderline anemic and struggled at the end of pregnancy, especially.  I was able to raise my iron on supplements, but I really hate taking supplements like that.  And Floradix was just awful to me.  I deal with: stomach aches, joint pain, "restless foot" (from iron deficiency as much as I can tell), heart burn, sensitive teeth, TMJ and was previously diagnosed with adrenal fatigue syndrome (though think that was more a symptom than the base cause of everything else, and I don't feel as though I have chronic fatigue anymore). I've always had stomach aches for as long as I can remember, but they became horrible three years ago when I was under a LOT of stress (which is when everything else started - the anemia, the joint pain, etc).  

I was also very sick during pregnancy.  I was recently told that was related to a spleen deficiency according to Chinese Medicine. I don't know anything about CM, but I fit their symptoms for a deficient spleen.  WOuld cell salts potentially help with sickness related to pregnancy? (We're talking the throwing up 7+ times a day for 6 months kind of sickness.)

My heartburn from pregnancy is still lingering 13 months later.  Always in the evenings and especially if I have water before eating.  I've NEVER had this problem.

Would love any advice and direction.  

Thanks!  



all of your symtoms can be attributed to ehlers-danlos syndrom, fructose malabsorption, or some other food intolerance. the borderline anemic thing is def an EDS or FM thing. are you also naturally flexible?

 

post #1159 of 1199


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post





all of your symtoms can be attributed to ehlers-danlos syndrom, fructose malabsorption, or some other food intolerance. the borderline anemic thing is def an EDS or FM thing. are you also naturally flexible?

 

I'm pretty flexible naturally...though not in my legs.  Took me years to be able to do a standing forward bend, but lost that ability in the last couple years, lol.  I've thought I might have celiac's, but have no proof.  Wouldn't surprise me basically.  Never heard of ehlers-danlos syndrome.  Would the salts be helpful for any of this?

I should also mention, my 13 month old is still pretty much exclusively breastfed. She'll occasionally eat table food, but rarely.  At 15 months I'll probably have to have her iron tested, something I don't really want to do.  Would the salts be good for her too? 
 

 

post #1160 of 1199

I just looked up the ehlers-danlos. That doesn't sound like me.  I do have some of those symptoms, (currently bruise easily - which can also be because of iron, thin skin, astigmatism in the eyes). I'll ask my dr about it though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Women's Health
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Tell me about cell salts.