or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Tell me about cell salts.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tell me about cell salts. - Page 8

post #141 of 1199
Tanya- what book did you get?
post #142 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
Tanya- what book did you get?
I've got the Biochemic Handbook on order, it's the first one Panserbjorne mentions in this thread. They sell it the same place as the cell salts, but I forgot to add it to my cart, so I ordered it somewhere else, and shipping is taking forever!
post #143 of 1199
So I'm looking at the cell salts at bestmade.com without the lactose (I reacted to regular homepathic pills with lactose, so I'm going for these). But I don't see any Bioplasma on there. They list all the cell salts togethere, but there's no real search function on the site. Is there a bioplasma from somewhere else that's lactose free? I want to try these on me (nerve issues, new water retention, no appetite, back spasms - looking at Kalium Phos, Magnesia Phos, and Natrum Phos), DS (almost 10yo - food intolerances, whininess, and other things - Kalium Sulph, and Natrum Mur), and DD2 (5yo - I'd like to increase her appetite and help her sleep - Natrum Mur is the only thing that sounded right for her).
post #144 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
So I'm looking at the cell salts at bestmade.com without the lactose (I reacted to regular homepathic pills with lactose, so I'm going for these). But I don't see any Bioplasma on there. They list all the cell salts togethere, but there's no real search function on the site. Is there a bioplasma from somewhere else that's lactose free? I want to try these on me (nerve issues, new water retention, no appetite, back spasms - looking at Kalium Phos, Magnesia Phos, and Natrum Phos), DS (almost 10yo - food intolerances, whininess, and other things - Kalium Sulph, and Natrum Mur), and DD2 (5yo - I'd like to increase her appetite and help her sleep - Natrum Mur is the only thing that sounded right for her).
Kathy,

I got mine from PB. I believe she orders them from someplace far away. I think she's placing an order soon (I need some) so you might want to send her a note asking about them. Be aware that the lactose free ones are *much* more expensive than the lactose ones.

ETA: I tried that link and it didn't work.
post #145 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
Kathy,

I got mine from PB. I believe she orders them from someplace far away. I think she's placing an order soon (I need some) so you might want to send her a note asking about them. Be aware that the lactose free ones are *much* more expensive than the lactose ones.

ETA: I tried that link and it didn't work.
Thanks. I emailed her. I can't chance the lactose ones.
post #146 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post
DD's suspected ganglion cyst is totally gone. Guess I can't ask the pedi about it on Wednesday.

So, quick question for those more experienced with cell salts than I. They're not like homeopathic remedies in that they can cause irritation/aggravation of the problem they're solving, while it's on the way to being solved, right?

DH's athlete's foot is back, and he's got a bit of a rash on his knee. But this probably isn't an aggravation from the cell salt, right? It's a real thing to address?

(yes, I'm still waiting for the booklet to arrive, so if this is addressed there, well, I'll read it as soon as it comes).

Thx.
I have no idea. We haven't had that happen, but we've only done them acutely. And they have made a huge huge difference getting over stuff. The Bioplasma especially. I was actually quite surprised, and didn't expect to see as big of an improvement as I did. They really work.
post #147 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post
I've got the Biochemic Handbook on order, it's the first one Panserbjorne mentions in this thread. They sell it the same place as the cell salts, but I forgot to add it to my cart, so I ordered it somewhere else, and shipping is taking forever!
I need to order that!
post #148 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
So I'm looking at the cell salts at bestmade.com without the lactose (I reacted to regular homepathic pills with lactose, so I'm going for these). But I don't see any Bioplasma on there. They list all the cell salts togethere, but there's no real search function on the site. Is there a bioplasma from somewhere else that's lactose free? I want to try these on me (nerve issues, new water retention, no appetite, back spasms - looking at Kalium Phos, Magnesia Phos, and Natrum Phos), DS (almost 10yo - food intolerances, whininess, and other things - Kalium Sulph, and Natrum Mur), and DD2 (5yo - I'd like to increase her appetite and help her sleep - Natrum Mur is the only thing that sounded right for her).
I *think* it's the General Tonic (#28) under the combination remedy section. They also have one of the cell salts listed over there instead of the cell salt section. Like I said... their website sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
Kathy,

I got mine from PB. I believe she orders them from someplace far away. I think she's placing an order soon (I need some) so you might want to send her a note asking about them. Be aware that the lactose free ones are *much* more expensive than the lactose ones.

ETA: I tried that link and it didn't work.
The BestMade ones are the ones that PB orders. That's who got mine.
post #149 of 1199
Does anyone have an opinion on cell salts helping me to tolerate nutrients? 1000 iu Vit D, 1000 mcg B12 and any oral magnesium make me exhausted now after being able to tolerate them for a few months. It takes days for me to recover from only 50mg of oral mag. I can't understand since I should need them all, especially mag while chelating. But I can only tolerate a small amount of the mag oil. I'm going to get some bioplasma, but wasn't sure if there is also another salt or combination that might help.
post #150 of 1199
Pansjerborne- What would you recommend for a strained oblique?
post #151 of 1199
I am confused about a remedy vs cell salts.

I see an ND that does rx homeopathic remedies, and I have been given various ones such as ferrum phos, but I think Ive always been given the remedy vs the cell salt?? I have a bunch of the 12 at home, but think I have the remedies not the salts. They are given to be in glass containers and not many of them have been given for acute situations, like taking ferrum phos for a fever. PB can you explain the difference?? I have been given silicea (remedy I think) to help with skin issues. Why would a remedy be given vs a cell salt for something like that?

I think I may need to email you for a consult!!
post #152 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom61508 View Post
Pansjerborne- What would you recommend for a strained oblique?
Mag phos for a cell salt, arnica for a remedy.
post #153 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post
I am confused about a remedy vs cell salts.

I see an ND that does rx homeopathic remedies, and I have been given various ones such as ferrum phos, but I think Ive always been given the remedy vs the cell salt?? I have a bunch of the 12 at home, but think I have the remedies not the salts. They are given to be in glass containers and not many of them have been given for acute situations, like taking ferrum phos for a fever. PB can you explain the difference?? I have been given silicea (remedy I think) to help with skin issues. Why would a remedy be given vs a cell salt for something like that?
Marnica,
Since they are made differently they have different applications. Cell salts are nutritional whereas remedies are energetic. There is physical substance present in the salts. Even in the same potency, (comparing a 6X of silica remedy to 6X silica cell salt) there is more material in the cell salt. That doesn't mean there isn't crossover.

It's a judgment call, and you look at the totality. If the issue was a deficiency of silica you'd give the salt and more physical. If it was something that was emotional/mental/physical you'd likely go for the remedy. Hope that makes some sense!
post #154 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
Mag phos for a cell salt, arnica for a remedy.
thank you
post #155 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom61508 View Post
thank you
no problem. you can also give ferrum phos if it feels warm to him or if there's redness or swelling. Mag phos is the big one though.
post #156 of 1199
Quick repeat on my question from the last page... if PB's still around this evening (or anyone else who wants to weigh in--M2S? others?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post
So, quick question for those more experienced with cell salts than I. They're not like homeopathic remedies in that they can cause irritation/aggravation of the problem they're solving, while it's on the way to being solved, right?

DH's athlete's foot is back, and he's got a bit of a rash on his knee. But this probably isn't an aggravation from the cell salt, right? It's a real thing to address?

(yes, I'm still waiting for the booklet to arrive, so if this is addressed there, well, I'll read it as soon as it comes).

Thx.
post #157 of 1199
what is he taking?

There have been people who have aggravated on cell salts, but it's very rare. I have even asked about it at conferences, as well as contacted some of the well known practitioners who use them to find out how common this is. It's not common at all.

That said, rather than an aggravation it could be a part of the healing and more of a detox. However to know that it would be important to know his history, what salts you are giving, how often, for how long and why.

Honestly though, I'd be very suprised if it was an aggravation. Not saying it's not, just that I would be suprised.
post #158 of 1199
3 bioplasma 3-4x/day and an equal number of Tonic E, I think we got them about 3 weeks ago?

Bioplasma for its general goodness, Tonic E....

Quote:
When energy feels drained or out of sync, due to illness, stress, growth or convalescence, this remedy’s replenishing cell salt ingredients help restore vitality and balance.
Those are the parts that stood out from the product description, DH seems pretty worn down to me--his dad's death 7 years ago, a layoff/financial stress a couple years later, then my health stuff, then a move to a very humid location that doesn't agree with him in a climate sense, job dissatisfaction--all that added onto 30 prior years of SAD eating.

I think his outlook/mood may be on the upswing, maybe just a reflection of my mood getting better, hard to tell the cause there.

I will go on the assumption that I need to tweak something in diet/lifestyle, I probably know what I need to do, I think he needs lower carb (can't tell if it's a carb issue or a grain issue, or both, need to experiment).
post #159 of 1199
They seem like good choices, given what you've described. I LOVE the E combo. I'd start with diet/lifestyle, but you can always cut back on the salts and see what happens just to confirm.
post #160 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post
3 bioplasma 3-4x/day and an equal number of Tonic E, I think we got them about 3 weeks ago?

Bioplasma for its general goodness, Tonic E....



Those are the parts that stood out from the product description, DH seems pretty worn down to me--his dad's death 7 years ago, a layoff/financial stress a couple years later, then my health stuff, then a move to a very humid location that doesn't agree with him in a climate sense, job dissatisfaction--all that added onto 30 prior years of SAD eating.

I think his outlook/mood may be on the upswing, maybe just a reflection of my mood getting better, hard to tell the cause there.

I will go on the assumption that I need to tweak something in diet/lifestyle, I probably know what I need to do, I think he needs lower carb (can't tell if it's a carb issue or a grain issue, or both, need to experiment).
Where did you find the tonic e. Sounds like somethig i might like to try.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Women's Health
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Tell me about cell salts.