or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Tell me about cell salts.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tell me about cell salts. - Page 9

post #161 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
Where did you find the tonic e. Sounds like somethig i might like to try.
You are taking it (I think.) It's just all five phosphates. calc phos, ferrum phos, mag phos, kali phos and nat phos. IF you aren't then you can...you have all of them.
post #162 of 1199
righto. Just sounds more fun to take a tonic. lol.
post #163 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
Marnica,
Since they are made differently they have different applications. Cell salts are nutritional whereas remedies are energetic. There is physical substance present in the salts. Even in the same potency, (comparing a 6X of silica remedy to 6X silica cell salt) there is more material in the cell salt. That doesn't mean there isn't crossover.

It's a judgment call, and you look at the totality. If the issue was a deficiency of silica you'd give the salt and more physical. If it was something that was emotional/mental/physical you'd likely go for the remedy. Hope that makes some sense!
Yes that helps alot thanks.

I'm giving 2 yo DS bioplasma and taking it myself as well for overall vitality (and for my teeth). He's taking 2 tab 3 times/day,(is this enough?) I'm taking 4 tabs 3-4 times/day.
What other cell salt might be helpful for him? His issues are allergies (environmental and food) He has dry skin, crusty patches particluarly under his eyes at times and dark circles under the eyes. He also has likely candida/fungal overgrowth (has been battling bad athletes foot for a while).
He sleeps well, he eats well and (a restricted diet) and is generally a pretty happy kid.
What is the most # of bioplasma's you can buy? 500?? 1000? any reccomendations. The bottle I have now is 500 from 1-800-homeopathy (I got it from my holistic dentist). With both of us taking it everyday, 500 wont last long.

TIA
post #164 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
no problem. you can also give ferrum phos if it feels warm to him or if there's redness or swelling. Mag phos is the big one though.
Ok so because it's a strain and he really needs to recover quickly should I be giving a higher does of arnica 30c or 200c? The strain happened suddenly while he was throwing so I'm wondering if a higher potency is in order?
post #165 of 1199
nah, I'd stick with 30C, I'd probably also do a castor oil pack on it though and encourage epsom salt soaks ALONG WITH mag phos.

Just my two cents!
post #166 of 1199
I had my moment. The athlete's foot and the rash on his knee probably pretty much correspond to the weather getting warmer here, and more humid. There are many things to love about Houston, but the climate is not one of them.

Thanks! (for your response before, I mean)
post #167 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
nah, I'd stick with 30C, I'd probably also do a castor oil pack on it though and encourage epsom salt soaks ALONG WITH mag phos.

Just my two cents!
And great 2 cents it is!!!! Thanks Panserbjorne
post #168 of 1199
bump - PB??
any suggestions?
post #169 of 1199
Bump!

Wow never heard of cell salts before... are they as effective as food? I mean easily absorbed? And are they synthetic? Or natural? Do they have organic cell salts? Which brand is trustworthy and non toxic? Are they really safe for toddlers (25 month old and 12 month old)?

My calcium stores are depleted from breastfeeding. Which cell salt would you recommend for me? Thanks in advance... I know it's alot of questions.
post #170 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatsu15 View Post
Bump!

Wow never heard of cell salts before... are they as effective as food? I mean easily absorbed? And are they synthetic? Or natural? Do they have organic cell salts? Which brand is trustworthy and non toxic? Are they really safe for toddlers (25 month old and 12 month old)?

My calcium stores are depleted from breastfeeding. Which cell salt would you recommend for me? Thanks in advance... I know it's alot of questions.
I can't answer all you questions however they are very safe for babies. Dd is now 22 months old and she been taking cell salts for a few months now. We order from 1800homeopathy.com. DD is on silica,calc phos and calc flour.

I'm eager to see what pj recommends for nursing!
post #171 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post
Yes that helps alot thanks.

I'm giving 2 yo DS bioplasma and taking it myself as well for overall vitality (and for my teeth). He's taking 2 tab 3 times/day,(is this enough?) I'm taking 4 tabs 3-4 times/day.
What other cell salt might be helpful for him? His issues are allergies (environmental and food) He has dry skin, crusty patches particluarly under his eyes at times and dark circles under the eyes. He also has likely candida/fungal overgrowth (has been battling bad athletes foot for a while).
He sleeps well, he eats well and (a restricted diet) and is generally a pretty happy kid.
What is the most # of bioplasma's you can buy? 500?? 1000? any reccomendations. The bottle I have now is 500 from 1-800-homeopathy (I got it from my holistic dentist). With both of us taking it everyday, 500 wont last long.

TIA
Sorry I've been MIA. This was going to be my week off, but it hasn't quite worked out that way.

So, that's kind of a lot going on there and you may do better with individualized support. I'd have to ask a lot of questions to narrow things down based on that description as many of those symptoms depending on how they present would require different salts.

You can certainly keep up with the bioplasma (you can get different amounts from different companies...I know Hylands sells 1000 tab bottles.) I can get giant jugs of it, but they aren't the soft tablets.

Hope that helps!
post #172 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatsu15 View Post
Bump!

Wow never heard of cell salts before... are they as effective as food? I mean easily absorbed? And are they synthetic? Or natural? Do they have organic cell salts? Which brand is trustworthy and non toxic? Are they really safe for toddlers (25 month old and 12 month old)?

My calcium stores are depleted from breastfeeding. Which cell salt would you recommend for me? Thanks in advance... I know it's alot of questions.
A first question I'd have would be how do you know your stores are depleted? Do you have symptoms to address, or do you simply suspect this is the case? There are three calcium derived salts, but they address different symptoms/manifestations/deficiencies. You can always go with bioplasma, as it does a great job of balancing. It's an excellent overall tonic.

In terms of are they as effective as food...well, they are not a substitute for food. They are a supplement. They can, however allow you to access what is IN the food more readily. They bypass digestion so that if you are having trouble with absorption they give a little help so your body can recognize and utilize the nutrients from food.

I believe they are very safe for babies and all of mine got them. They are natural, inorganic minerals. I am not aware of any "organic" cell salts, and I'm assuming by that you mean the lactose would be organic. Hope that helps.
post #173 of 1199
just read this entire thread and am very intrigued but still not 100% clear on where to start or what to do. i have zero experience with any of this or homeopathy but am realizing that i need to jump in and learn more. my kids (10, 5 and 2.5) all have issues with weak tooth enamel/ decay. I would like to support them in this area to start. specifically, my 10yo dd adult teeth are more yellow than her baby teeth and don't seem as shiny. her nails and hair also grow very slowly and her hair and skin tend to be on the dry side. she has had lots of cavities despite good hygiene and great nutrition. the other 2 kids have some decay also but not nearly as bad as dd1 even when she was their ages. ds (the 2.5yo) has food allergies, candida, constipation, eczema, occasional wheezing. i don't want to give him anything that might cause a die off reaction and flare any of this up. or at least i want to know that might be a possibility so i can look out for it and adjust as needed.

anyway, where to start with all of them? what would be simple, effective and not contraindicated for ds for any reason? i feel like i am already managing so many supps that adding anything seems overwhelming a bit but these seem relatively easy to give and will pack a powerful positive punch! i know the biochem handbook (?)was recommended. is this a good beginner book, something i am likely to understand from where i am right now (ie the very begining)?

peace

jen
post #174 of 1199
O.K, so I spoke to a homeopath last week who recommends usuing cell salts and then he just kinda dropped a bomb.... he said that he does not recommend taking bioplasma, since, he explained that some cell salts kinda cancel each other out .....he was giving me the example of of zinc and copper and I understand that one but I am still having difficulty wrapping my head around the cell salts doing the same thing?????
He also said that schuessler himself wrote something to that effect???? I didn't even stop to ask him what and where since I was eager to end the conversation and now I am questioning??
It doesn't make sense since thee are combination remedies that work synergistically and they compliment each other right?
please explain this to me someone I love using bio plasma with the little ones when they are recovering from illness etc;
post #175 of 1199
That's interesting. I'd like to know too, because my child responded really well to the Bioplasma, and I was going to start giving it again more regularly.
post #176 of 1199
we discussed this a bit a few pages back. I just ask for evidence as opposed to theory. They work. Yes, Shussler at one point did write about not combining them in this way, but he also wrote that he ROUTINELY combined them. Medical literature is like that, very contradictory even of itself. Shussler had many theories, but it's the ones that bear out in practice that I tend to listen to.

There are some that have opposite actions, and that's true. However that doesn't make them contradictory. I have seen several cases where nat mur and nat sulph were both called for. One moves water into the cells, one out of it. However there are many places OUTSIDE the cells for water to be and having an excess can mean that some needs to move into the cells, and some needs to move out of that interstitial space.

So I would ask which are contraindicated? IN what situations and why? These are unique in that they have do direct action on the body because the amount delivered is so small. They are essentially, as far as I know, adaptogenic. These aren't crude substances like copper and zinc, or calcium and magnesium. So why would it ever be an issue to give them all? Less effective-perhaps. Detrimental? Never seen it. I'm always open to new information, and I'm happy to hear what anyone has to say. That said I've read widely on the subject and haven't been deterred. I've also attended a number of seminars and listened to lectures from people who use them routinely in their practice and have never heard anyone with practical clinical experience warn against it.

However, to each their own! This is a place (as it is with any subject) where you have to make a call. I give bioplasma very regularly to my kids because I've seen the benefit. I have never seen an imbalance created in them, or anyone else as a result.
post #177 of 1199
thanks for that info, sounds right to me too, I am not stopping my use of bioplasma. It never sat right with me the comparing of cell salts to vitamins and minerals, like you say these are minute in their amounts and work at different levels on the cells
post #178 of 1199
i have been researching more and really would like to try cell salts for myself and kids. this is what i have come up with.

for dd1 who has some issues with slow bowells, emotional unsteadiness, easily overwhelmed and stressed out, slow growing hair and nails and some tooth decay, yellowish looking adult teeth, occasional indigestion (acid rising after eating):

kali phos
calc phos
calc flour
silica
nat phos

for dd2 tooth decay, eczema, seasonal allergies (though much better this year with other supps)

calc phos
calc flour
silica

for ds tooth decay, eczema, food allergies, constipation

calc phos
calc flour
silica

does that sound like a good start, or should i just go bioplasma and make it easy for myself? i want to support those specific areas in each of them with the best chance for effectiveness. also, i am not clear on dosing... 2 tabs 3 to 4x per day for adults and 1 tab 3 to 4 times per day for kids (is this right?) and then take the weekends off?

thanks for your help

jen
post #179 of 1199
Can I combine Tissue E and Tissue G combinations from 1-800Homeopathy?
I see that Calc phos is the only thing that would be duplicated, would that be a problem?

Thanks

ETA: wow, I am so confused on what to get. Here is my current immediate problems. I am pregnant with our 5th child, I have HORRIBLE varicose veins up and down my legs and in between also, so I am in pain a lot of the time. My hair is thinning, I am constipated for the first time being pregnant, basically always tired and stressed. I like the Tissue E and Tissue G combos and then I saw they have varicose vein remedy that includes some of the salts. What should I do?
Thanks again!
post #180 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigismom View Post
does that sound like a good start, or should i just go bioplasma and make it easy for myself? i want to support those specific areas in each of them with the best chance for effectiveness. also, i am not clear on dosing... 2 tabs 3 to 4x per day for adults and 1 tab 3 to 4 times per day for kids (is this right?) and then take the weekends off?

thanks for your help

jen
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable jumps in, but the impression I've gotten is that it's often useful to use bioplasma PLUS a few salts that are specific to your situation. I need to refine that second part for us, even with just bioplasma, I've seen interesting changes, but I think it would be better if I read more and chose one or a few singles for some of us in addition.

FWIW, just as a comparison point, DH and I are getting 3 tabs 3-4x/day (mostly 3x/day because hey, I forget) and the kids are getting 2 tabs 3x/day.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Women's Health
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Tell me about cell salts.