or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness, FEB 2010
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness, FEB 2010 - Page 21

post #401 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueone View Post
I was wondering, does the season makes BBT's lower or higher? .
How long have you been temp'ing for?

I find that all those little variables aren't enough to mess with the big picture and aren't worth stressing about. I haven't found that seasonal temperatures effect my temps.

If you're looking at a specific plot point, it could get hairy, but rarely does just one point matter. If you feel it could be higher because of certain factors, I'd record the reading, but make note of the other stuff incase you need to explain it back into line. Sorry that might not be much help.
post #402 of 432

Q: pre-AF temp dip

Okay, so in my 3 yrs of charting, I've never temp'ed a whole LP. What does a pre-AF temp dip look like? Does it dip below your CL or does it still stay above?

My coverline is 36.15 and my dip went from 37.10 to 36.6. I think I might enter this chart into FF to share and get some feedback on it.
post #403 of 432
Mine usually starts dipping about 1-2 days before I notice AF. Usually about .4-.5 per day, though I temp in F. But I went back and checked, and sometimes it doesn't actually go belong coverline into well into the next cycle.

This past cycle my coverline was at 97.1 (I temp at 5am), and I started dropping three days pre-AF, but I'm on CD 11 already, and apparently have only dropped below last months CL once. I didn't notice I went back and checked. *scratches head*
post #404 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirual View Post
What does a pre-AF temp dip look like? Does it dip below your CL or does it still stay above?
Mine usually dips below the CL the day I get AF -- sometimes it drops progressively for a few days before, other times it stays high until after I've started my period . . .
post #405 of 432
Thread Starter 
I'm so glad it's the weekend! B. ended up with an awful ear infection this week (today is day 3 of antibiotics), she can finally walk without getting dizzy but her ear still hurts.

CD 8 for me, nothing going on, things are still nice and closed. Just waiting for something more exciting

I keep forgetting to ask and this is a short month, anyone up for taking March's thread? I think it would probably be nice to give Emily at least one more month to finish her moving.
post #406 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirual View Post
How long have you been temp'ing for?

I find that all those little variables aren't enough to mess with the big picture and aren't worth stressing about. I haven't found that seasonal temperatures effect my temps.

If you're looking at a specific plot point, it could get hairy, but rarely does just one point matter. If you feel it could be higher because of certain factors, I'd record the reading, but make note of the other stuff incase you need to explain it back into line. Sorry that might not be much help.
I've been temping for 3 months. I just notices that it was a .3 difference. But our house was really cold at night. My son used to be fine in fleece jammies, but he sweated a ton in them the night after they moved in and is now in summer jammies. It's also a lot warmer outside.

But maybe it'll dip tomorrow. Today was day 1.
post #407 of 432
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaJenn View Post
Well I could be messing with the stats.
Still unsure of O date....but took this tonight
Any updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMediasRes View Post


I am still here, still lurking, still waiting for PP AF. Between everyone being sick, stress, anxiety, and crazy night time nursing, I don't think will show anytime soon. I have been dry dry dry for weeks now. 12 months going strong!
Good to see you! With dd I only had 3 months before I had PP AF (we had supply issues), I haven't decided if it would be fantastic to get a long break or if it would just be stressful waiting for it to come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymom1 View Post
Hi ladies!
I have been lurking here this month because I am charting for the first time and trying to figure out what the heck I am doing!! You all are so amazingly in tune with your bodies and cycles. I am amazed!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I'm trying not to expect it so I was not going to say anything. But I think I may have finally Oed. I've had 2 high temps and 2 days of CF dry up. One more high temp tomorrow will confirm it.
It looks like you're still waiting for O, . Have you had other cycles that were this length?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholewheatchick View Post
Hi Ladies!

Just wanted to drop in quick to say hi. After 2 weeks of cleaning, painting, and DH tiling, and getting our household goods delivered, and unpacking and hanging pictures and curtains...it finally feels like home!

And oh yeah...you know we're not TTA...and um...we DTD the night I O'd!
I'm so glad the move went well!! Fingers crossed for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueone View Post
I'm thinking I had another anovulatory cycle. I don't have VP FF so that chart (Decembers) can't be placed on the page.
.
I agree with the others that it looks like you O'd already, and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
On a similiar note... I've always wondered if the difference btween implantation bleeding and your actual AF is very evident. You hear all the time about people not knowing they were pregnant because they "had a period" but I don't know how similiar they actually are. Is this bleeding always implantation, or are there other causes for it? Annnnnddd... do you think you would get a temp drop around that time, or would your temp still stay high?
With my dd I had a couple bits of red spotting (TMI, only when I wiped) at 10 DPO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
Wow -- we lost power for 41 hours and I missed a lot here! (Anyone else get this snow? 2 feet!)
Glad you have power back again! That's a long time to be without power in the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eirual View Post
Okay, so in my 3 yrs of charting, I've never temp'ed a whole LP. What does a pre-AF temp dip look like? Does it dip below your CL or does it still stay above?

My coverline is 36.15 and my dip went from 37.10 to 36.6. I think I might enter this chart into FF to share and get some feedback on it.
Mine varies month to month, usually it starts dropping about 2 or 3 days before AF is due, it is almost always still above coverline. Some cycles it doesn't drop until the day AF arrives.

_____

I finally accomplished personals this week! I am updating the front page today as I have a file of notes and I haven't had the time too. If I've missed anyone please let me know and accept my apologies.
post #408 of 432
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/c...dule.php?cd=14

I don't know if that's how you properly link your chart or not?

I wasn't a fan of using FF and don't agree with its dashed crosshairs (what do dashed crosshairs mean?).

This cycle broke a lot of rules, which is part of the reason I'm feeling so weird about things now. I'll try to include the notes in my chart so you can see when all these things happened. I was crazy sick when my temp'ing should have started, so I missed a good chunk of time, started back with a new thermometre, and O'ed earlier than in my last 2 cycles (infact, probably earlier than I've ever O'ed). We broke the 6:00 rule and DTD one morning only to see stretchy CF later that day (and it then turned to EWCM the next).

I only have 2 legit pre-O temps (CD16 and 17) the rest I fudged in hopes of FF moving my crosshairs closer to where I'm fairly certain O occured- CD 18, but they're reflective of my normal pre-O temps (35.9 degrees to 36.15 range). My CF dry-up and cervical position both point to CD 18 as well (didn't enter all that into FF yet).

So, I disagree with FF's crosshairs and believe I O'ed on CD 18 (CD 19 is my norm, though for the last couple cycles it's been CD 34 and 50).

Sorry, that's a lot of random info. I'm going to mess around with FF more. Please let me know if that link works properly for you.

ETA: I was re-entering data and discovered FF moved my crosshairs because I was missing a temp on or after the day of O (I have a low temp CD 17, didn't temp CD18, then a high temp CD 19). I entered a second low temp there just to say that if I did O there it would be later rather than earlier. So now, FF agrees that I O'ed earlier (except it says CD 17).

Man, I made a good mess of this one!
post #409 of 432
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirual View Post
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/c...dule.php?cd=14

I don't know if that's how you properly link your chart or not?

I wasn't a fan of using FF and don't agree with its dashed crosshairs (what do dashed crosshairs mean?).

This cycle broke a lot of rules, which is part of the reason I'm feeling so weird about things now. I'll try to include the notes in my chart so you can see when all these things happened. I was crazy sick when my temp'ing should have started, so I missed a good chunk of time, started back with a new thermometre, and O'ed earlier than in my last 2 cycles (infact, probably earlier than I've ever O'ed). We broke the 6:00 rule and DTD one morning only to see stretchy CF later that day (and it then turned to EWCM the next).

I only have 2 legit pre-O temps (CD16 and 17) the rest I fudged in hopes of FF moving my crosshairs closer to where I'm fairly certain O occured- CD 18, but they're reflective of my normal pre-O temps (35.9 degrees to 36.15 range). My CF dry-up and cervical position both point to CD 18 as well (didn't enter all that into FF yet).

So, I disagree with FF's crosshairs and believe I O'ed on CD 18 (CD 19 is my norm, though for the last couple cycles it's been CD 34 and 50).

Sorry, that's a lot of random info. I'm going to mess around with FF more. Please let me know if that link works properly for you.

The link doesn't work for me, if you go to "home page setup" found on the main page right above your chart, or click on the left side where it says "home page" that will give you the correct link.

Dashed cross-hairs means that FF isn't sure when your O date was. Most of my charts are dashed...
post #410 of 432
Laurie ~ That link took me to a data entry page instead of your chart. The dashed crosshairs mean FF isn't sure of your O.

Pre-AF temps: They don't have to dip at all. If they do dip, sometimes it's just a little and sometimes it goes below the CL. I think it really depends on each individual's pattern.

Seasonal temps and BBT: I haven't noticed the outside temp affect my BBT. The only reason you should adjust a temp is if it was taken way outside your normal temp time. Even in that case, it's not a good idea to adjust temps at all. Like Laurie said, one temp isn't important. Leave it as it is and make note of any circumstances that may have affected it.

Cass ~ My cycles used to be very long. My average O day was around cd27. DS2 is from a cd30 O. My last few short cycles are very abnormal for me. This cycle is more like my usual. I had ewcf again this morning.
post #411 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
Any updates?


Well, here's today's test. I know it has an error but unsure if that means I can't count the line at all? Different than my internet cheapie brand (this one was still cheap -but it was the kind in a case where you drop the pee on with a dropper). Indulged in a FRER yesterday -BFN.
Still no AF, still no temp drop. (Either 15dpo or 11dpo). I really thought I was waking up to her. And thought it was gonna be a brutal one judging the cramps, but so far, not even spotting.
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/100_2945.jpg
I know for confirmation I will need to do another test. (tomorrow if AF doesnt' show)
post #412 of 432
Chart link, take 2!

ETA: I guess the link would be helpful here: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2d506b

Did that work better?
post #413 of 432
Sorry Hula, I can *never* see the lines on tests when people post them here. Every 'positive' test someone has ever posted, I would have considered negative, so I can't be much help.

eirual: It looks like your temp is finally dropping, so unless you can think of another likely reason for todaya low temp, I would keep watching for another lower temp tomorrow. Do you have any temps at all for those two days at the end? Assuming 17-18 is your actual o day, then your am dtd is still pretty far away. Holy temperaute jump though batman!
post #414 of 432
HJ ~ Um, that looks + to me!

Laurie ~ Those are interesting temps. Explain again why you think O was cd19 instead of cd17. You said you switched to a new thermometer somewhere in the middle and a bunch of those temps are fake? If that's the case, I'm inclined to say you can't rely on them for O confirmation at all.
post #415 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
HJ ~ Um, that looks + to me!
I know there is def a line there, but I thought with the dye smear it was considered an error and therefore not accurate? This is really a nail biter this month I tell ya! LOL
I have picked up a FRER for morning so will keep you posted!
post #416 of 432
Yup, Jenn, I'm not versed on HPT "errors," but that sure looks positive to me.

Laurie, you are basing your O on 2 pre shift temps? Maybe you could remove all your modifications so we can see the actual data? We also can't see all the chart notes on a free account, so you'll have to clarify those here. It sounds like you are relying on CM & CP rather than temps to determine O? How long is your LP usually?
post #417 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaJenn View Post
I know there is def a line there, but I thought with the dye smear it was considered an error and therefore not accurate? This is really a nail biter this month I tell ya! LOL
I have picked up a FRER for morning so will keep you posted!
I don't think that smear means anything. There is a clear line where it should be. I've had smears like that on those tests before.
post #418 of 432
The fact that I broke a zillion rules is the thing that's torturous. I know temps can't PROVE anything by the book and are un-reliable this time around, however I can't help but take into account my normal patterns (I typically have low temps, so the two that I took CD9 and 10 fall in line with those, even though by the book I should have 6 temps to establish a real coverline). I experienced CF dry-up and cervical lowering right after when I assume I O'ed.

FF originally wanted to put crosshairs on CD25. That I didn't agree with. I said CD19 instead of 17 because I tend to count O on the day of the high temp, not at the dip (so after the regular low temps, I usually dip, then go up. I count O as being the day after the dip...?). Since I didn't have a temp CD18 I assumed a low temp just since I couldn't confirm it was high yet, and I'd rather assume O was later than earlier.

I put a ficticious temp in on CD 18 'cause without it at such a pivitol point, FF wouldn't commit to CHs. Is there anyway I can just put the info I have without FF deciding on CHs? My paper one makes perfect sense to me, but FF doesn't agree with me because I don't have enough data to satisfy all the rules.

That certainly was the highest temp jump I've ever had. I originally thought it was related to me being sick, but it stayed up even after I was better.
post #419 of 432
Okay, my virgin chart. I removed all my meddling. This is the raw data that I have: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2d506b

Yes, I only have 2 pre-O temps (though they fall in line with my normal pre-O temps, which is why I felt comfortable relying on them- breaking the rules, I know, but common sense came into play in that decision) and I was sick during the initial temp spike, and better yet, this is all with a new thermometre!

ETA: My LP is typically 13 days.

And HulaJenn, that looks like a line to me!
post #420 of 432
Laurie, what days were you sick? It's possible you O'd while your temps were still elevated from the illness, masking your temp rise. I'd also entertain a CD25 O. Have you tested or do you plan on it? There are too many confounding factors to be sure. You can override FF's crosshairs. Are you on FAM or Advanced?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Family Planning
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness, FEB 2010