or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › **TTC in our 20's FEBRUARY**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**TTC in our 20's FEBRUARY** - Page 24

post #461 of 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJazzy1 View Post
So do you use the same type of thermometer to temp vaginally and how far do you insert it?
yes... and you just put it in until its comfortable... so it doesn't feel like its falling out but you will tell when its in too far as well.

And dont worry about having to close your legs around it tightly or anything... we are pretty much vacuum sealed down there so your muscles will close around it anyway.
post #462 of 472

OPK help

Ok, I need some advice on OPKs ladies. I've learned that you can get a positive reading, then a negative, then a positive, etc. But I have gotten 4 positive OPKs the last 4 days. The first 3 were with SMU and within the same hour or so timeframe and today's was third morning urine and later (but still before noon). Is this normal? I have dashed crosshairs on my chart b/c of the positive OPKs on CD 20-22 (haven't enter today's), but other fertility signs that would lead to an interpretation of an O on CD19. I'm still not positive I have Od already, but my temps have been up since CD19, so I'm just a little confused

FWIW, they are Answer brand, I opened them 2/8, and I am very careful about storage (I open them, take one out, and immediately recap the container)

ETA also as far as temping goes, I had a question. I am going out of town monday through wednesday next week, and will be going to a different time zone (central to eastern). I will only have to temp in the different time zone tuesday and wednesday, but I was wondering if I should temp at the usual time (6:30 am) eastern time or central (so 7:30 am eastern)?
post #463 of 472
Congratulations, mamas!!!

Ugh, we've all gotten sick this week, plus I was trying to make DH's 30th birthday still happen, and I failed to call my insurance to change my medical group... now it's probably too late and I wonder if I'll have to wait a whole month for it to take effect, since it will be March 1st on Monday. ARG! I totally forgot until I was so sick I couldn't function. I'm just hoping at this point that DH and I will be able to DTD a few times this cycle... I'm watching my CM and it's getting closer and closer, I don't know if a cold would affect it... I figured being sick might delay O'ing but the CM is progressing. I've decided I'm picking up some progesterone cream, found that my HFS carries it, and I'll just take care of it myself. After the repeated insurance and doctor debacles we've been through, DH and I are very ready to just avoid the system as much as possible.

And he just popped in to check on me (getting a VERY rare day in bed, as I am the sickest today and I've been getting up with DD at 4-5am for weeks and going to work) and he's totally down for some BDing! Good to know my stuffy nose is not that off-putting. We've been joking about the Friends episode... we've got some vaporub in some places

I'm really hoping to have at least a longer LP this time around. Then I'll be able to relax and just wait for a BFP. And a Christmastime baby would be lovely, but so would a new year's or a february (the month about HALF of both our families have birthdays). Although at this rate, I won't know if I've got a pretty sticky babe until well through this semester... I had really wanted to be able to give notice but I'm not confident doing that just in case we have trouble getting pregnant and DH has trouble finding work. It'll just be a nice surprise when I do get to tell people... and they should have plenty of time to hire a new teacher still.
post #464 of 472
I'm so ready for this cycle to be over so that I can start again and learn from the mistakes that I made this month. I haven't been sleeping well lately so I haven't been temping. I switch FF to go by my OPKs and it give me and O date of cd16, I'm pretty sure that it happened either late cd15 or cd16. I'm going to try to wait for AF to be late before I test (luckily I have to wait for payday with is after AF is due before I can by a test). I've been having a bunch of symptoms already that I might go nuts before then.


Lawmama I think you can temp at them same time, I'm not positive though.
post #465 of 472
Quick question how many days into a 28 day cycle are you supposed to get AF?
post #466 of 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetmama26 View Post
Quick question how many days into a 28 day cycle are you supposed to get AF?
the 29th day since the first day of the last period
post #467 of 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
the 29th day since the first day of the last period
post #468 of 472
Uh Duh that should have been obvious for me, forgive my stupid question lol
post #469 of 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmama1984 View Post
Ok, I need some advice on OPKs ladies. I've learned that you can get a positive reading, then a negative, then a positive, etc. But I have gotten 4 positive OPKs the last 4 days. The first 3 were with SMU and within the same hour or so timeframe and today's was third morning urine and later (but still before noon). Is this normal? I have dashed crosshairs on my chart b/c of the positive OPKs on CD 20-22 (haven't enter today's), but other fertility signs that would lead to an interpretation of an O on CD19. I'm still not positive I have Od already, but my temps have been up since CD19, so I'm just a little confused

FWIW, they are Answer brand, I opened them 2/8, and I am very careful about storage (I open them, take one out, and immediately recap the container)

ETA also as far as temping goes, I had a question. I am going out of town monday through wednesday next week, and will be going to a different time zone (central to eastern). I will only have to temp in the different time zone tuesday and wednesday, but I was wondering if I should temp at the usual time (6:30 am) eastern time or central (so 7:30 am eastern)?
Hey Melek!!!!

I wanted to come back to check on you!!

I think you ovulated on CD 19. I don't know why you are getting so many darn positives...but your temps definitely show CD 19 to be O day!!

And temping...I think you could just temp at YOUR eastern regular time of 6:30 and be totally fine!

I really hope this is your cycle!!!

Hope you're doing well!! Hang in there!!!
post #470 of 472
Answer brand OPKs are special!

Many many brands if the line on the side of the test line (how part of it is dark and part isnt) is as dark as or darker than the control it is positive... HOWEVER for Answer brand, that has to be 50% or more of the width of the test line that is as dark as or darker than the control. Its frustrating... Ive been there... theres a whole small paragraph on poas.com about it

http://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html#13
post #471 of 472
Hey Tara! Thanks for coming to check on me! I've been thinking of you! How are you doing?? Have you decided on a midwife for your HB? I have already been in touch with a couple just b/c I have some blood pressure issues that I want to make sure won't risk me out. I'm also hoping for a HB! I was also thinking I Od on CD19 but I had some really wonky temps this cycle so I wasn't positive. I overlayed my chart with last month's and I had an almost identical temp drop at 5dpo last month, so I'm not too hopeful but of course will keep hoping until I see AF How is it chasing DD1 around in early pregnancy? That is the only thing that worries me is getting super tired early on and still having to be up and about with DS

Maeryn, omg! I didn't know that! Thanks for telling me! I probably didn't have as many positives as I thought! Guess I should have checked on the site before getting these! Next month, I'll choose first response
post #472 of 472
Thread Starter 
Started new thread here.

I wanted to get it up early because I won't be around until the afternoon tomorrow.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trying To Conceive
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › **TTC in our 20's FEBRUARY**