or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Moms In Your Area › California, Nevada › SoCal Midwives recommendation?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SoCal Midwives recommendation?

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
I'm about 4 weeks pregnant with my first and I'm going through the list of midwives to contact. I'm in Pasadena. I tried contacting Diane West but she's away on maternity leave. She recommended Sue Wolcott to me and I was wondering if anyone here had anything they could share about her? Would you recommend her or is there someone you would recommend? Anyone I should avoid contacting? I'm hoping for a water birth at home. Thank you!

Jackie
post #2 of 12
I've found a number of MW online, and over the last 3 months, I have e-mailed 5 different midwives, left phone messages for 2 of those and I have only gotten 1 response, that was from the free standing birth center in Irvine.

I too am interested, to see if anyone responds. While I am not currently pregnant, I was interested in discussing Family Planning with the midwives, since thier websites said they offer this service. However, after my inquiries have been totally ignored I'm quite disallutioned with all the Mid Wives available in LA/OC area.
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
I emailed Sue Wolcott and she got back to me pretty quickly. I get to meet up with her in about a week and a half so we'll see how it goes. I'm going to bring a list of questions to ask and I'll post the answers I get. I'm pretty happy with how quickly she responded!
post #4 of 12
I LOVE Loved Tonya Brooks in sherman Oaks
she Caught my son at her freestanding birth center, she also does homebirths.

Its the Natural womans Maternity and Healthcare
http://www.gr8birth.com/
she worked with Ina May gaskin Waaaay back in the day.
post #5 of 12
Davi Kaur Khalsa, hands down. She's amazing. tlcwomanscenter.com
post #6 of 12
Shelly Girard and Seannie Gibson have attended both of my hbs. Love them! Their office is in Mt. Washington. Web site: http://www.socalbirth.com/

I also LOVE Renee (she caught my first as she was the assistant). She's now an LM: http://www.reneethemidwife.com

I've also heard great things about Devi and Rebecca (http://www.birthrevolutionmidwifery.com)

Yeah for homebirthing!!!!!!!
post #7 of 12
Sherry Rumsey has a list of all midwives in Southern CA on her website at www.birthingbaby.com. Callandra Clark was my midwife and she was amazing. She works with Kerin Asher-Galloway. Their website is www.havenathome.net
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggleface View Post
Sherry Rumsey has a list of all midwives in Southern CA on her website at www.birthingbaby.com. Callandra Clark was my midwife and she was amazing. She works with Kerin Asher-Galloway. Their website is www.havenathome.net
I was going to link to that list, too!
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by

I've also heard great things about Devi and Rebecca ([url
Rebecca was Davi's assistant for my pregnancy/birth and I concur - Rebecca's wonderful too
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briannasmom View Post
Rebecca was Davi's assistant for my pregnancy/birth and I concur - Rebecca's wonderful too
Yes, rebecca is awesome!
I interviewed her and Davi and they both seemed to be wonderful.
Rebecca is our midwife now and we couldn't be happier.
http://www.birthrevolutionmidwifery.com
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaClaire View Post
Shelly Girard and Seannie Gibson have attended both of my hbs. Love them! Their office is in Mt. Washington. Web site: http://www.socalbirth.com/

I also LOVE Renee (she caught my first as she was the assistant). She's now an LM: http://www.reneethemidwife.com

I've also heard great things about Devi and Rebecca (http://www.birthrevolutionmidwifery.com)

Yeah for homebirthing!!!!!!!
Renee attended for two friends of mine. They LOOOOVED her. She used to have an office in Pasadena before she recently opened the Santa Clarita birth center. You may want to contact her and see if she still regularly works in Pasadena, I imagine she still has many clients in your area.
post #12 of 12
subbing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: California, Nevada
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Moms In Your Area › California, Nevada › SoCal Midwives recommendation?