or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › Activism and News › Oops! 180 luxury villas built in park
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oops! 180 luxury villas built in park

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35200185...d_environment/

Quote:
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Indonesian officials say they are investigating how 180 luxury villas came to be built inside a protected national forest.

The Forestry Ministry said Tuesday the mansions were built on more than 600 acres of the Gunung Halimun Salak National Park in West Java.

Local media reported that the homes are likely owned by senior government officials and could be destroyed.
post #2 of 11
Um. And no one noticed? How long does it take to build 180 luxury villas? And pesky things like water and electric? One off-grid log cabin maybe, but seriously, no one noticed?

More like, senior government officials who might own these homes just pushed that on through....:
post #3 of 11
Once again, it's not WHAT you know, but WHO you know that counts.
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaL View Post
Um. And no one noticed? How long does it take to build 180 luxury villas? And pesky things like water and electric? One off-grid log cabin maybe, but seriously, no one noticed?
It appeared to me that there was supposed to be an exchange of land. So ____ acres of National Park *here* would be opened to building in exchange for _____ acres of land being designated National Park elsewhere. So the houses were built and life went on until someone actually said, "uhhh, so where is the new National Park?" and found only one side of the transaction had occurred.
post #5 of 11
Yeah, that's what it seemed like - but still kind of odd that all of a sudden people are like "Hey, there's houses here! What happened?!"
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaL View Post
Yeah, that's what it seemed like - but still kind of odd that all of a sudden people are like "Hey, there's houses here! What happened?!"
Seriously! I wonder if the land that was originally supposed to be traded has also been built up.
post #7 of 11
So weird. How did no one catch that?
post #8 of 11
i so doubt taht was a mistake. i think the owners just hoped no one would notice. "for senior government officials." says it all.
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian'smommaya View Post
i so doubt taht was a mistake. i think the owners just hoped no one would notice. "for senior government officials." says it all.
post #10 of 11
yer so smart tired2x. its one of the things i love about you.
:
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian'smommaya View Post
yer so smart tired2x. its one of the things i love about you.
:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Activism and News
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › Activism and News › Oops! 180 luxury villas built in park