or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › January 2010 › It's February: Anyone Else Still Pregnant?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

It's February: Anyone Else Still Pregnant? - Page 2

post #21 of 50
I'm 39 (AMA) and this is my 3rd full term pregnancy, 4th overall. I don't think that is coming into play at all either.
post #22 of 50
still here, pretty sure on my dates. I'm now 8 days past my EDD. My first was born about a week and a half past, my second 7 days past. I'm not feeling very patient. This is my 3rd, aren't 3rd babies just supposed to fall out??? I haven't lost my plug, no loose stools recently, don't even have that bad of BH contractions.
post #23 of 50
Yesterday and today have been really rough for me. Some of it has to do with going longer than I expected. (And my dates are solid since this is an IUI baby.) But there are some other aspects of it I can't quite identify. 3 weeks of irregular contractions, and then being sure with each step forward that I was almost there, have tired me out. I have no idea right now how I'm going to survive the initial sleep deprivation when I'm already more sleep-deprived than usual.

For the past two days, I've been crying at everything, short-tempered, and snappish. It takes all of my concentration to have a normal-toned conversation. This is much worse than the baby blues I had after my first son, more like a level of depression I haven't seen for at least 10 years.

Lines I drew before--on things like hospital induction--are starting to disappear. I was in a really good place about labor and delivery for a week or two, despite my fears based on my family history and previous experience, but that has really eroded in the last 4 days.

I'm still meditating and can mostly calm down during those sessions, but the feeling doesn't last. I really need this baby to come.
post #24 of 50
http://magazine.lamaze.org/BuildingC...1/Default.aspx

We all need to read this several times!!!
post #25 of 50
I realized while meditating that one of the reasons I am so utterly frustrated is that I'm convinced this baby was ready to come a week or two ago. Sort of like boygrrlwonder having the dream about her baby saying she wasn't ready, this guy was born in my dreams two weeks ago. Since then, his movements have changed, and again they read to me as he wants out. It really feels like the missing piece is something not triggering correctly in my body, which would suggest a potential repeat of last time (minus the on-time delivery). I know it could just be anxiety, but that's how it feels to me.
post #26 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistra View Post
For the past two days, I've been crying at everything, short-tempered, and snappish. It takes all of my concentration to have a normal-toned conversation.
I have been like this too, except for the crying. I am just annoyed at pretty much everything the past couple of days. I am not used to just being at home & not working...I kinda feel like I jinxed myself by stopping work at 38.5 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistra View Post
I realized while meditating that one of the reasons I am so utterly frustrated is that I'm convinced this baby was ready to come a week or two ago.
I really thought I was going to have a 38 weeker instead of a 41 or 42 weeker.

Just keep trying mama!! We'll get our babies at one point
post #27 of 50
Your baby will come soon.

MINE CAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Last night at 1234am. 9lbs. 8oz. Surprise baby boy-first in our family!!!! 22 3/4" long. Water birth at birth center. Will post story later.

I know everything you guys are feeling, but I have to tell you that it REALLY melts away once you have the baby. The anxiety, the depression, it feels REALLY good to be on the other side.
post #28 of 50
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray's Mommy View Post
I kinda feel like I jinxed myself by stopping work at 38.5 weeks.
I'm right there with you. I stay at home full-time, but I definitely cleared out our calendar in Feb. in anticipation of needing to stay home with the new baby. Well, even though I'm trying to keep busy, that decision has given me too many days with nothing to do but sit at home and wait.

I think what's the hardest for me is that with my first baby, I just KNEW when the baby was going to be born. I wasn't sure of my LMP, but I got it into my head that the baby would be born on the 21st, so even though a (second trimester) ultrasound set it a couple of days earlier, it didn't phase me because I knew when I thought the baby should be born. This time, seeing the date past was so much harder, particularly since so many people around me treat it like the date was a deadline. Plus, I never want an EDD at the end of the month again. It seems worst to have an EDD in the previous month, even if I'm still really not that far past my EDD.

I just keep telling myself that I will meet my baby soon.
post #29 of 50
mymary- you are so encouraging. I still am having trouble believing I'm gonna make it to the other side- without going to the hospital for an induction. I'm planning a homebirth but am only comfortable going to 42 weeks and I'm 41w1day today. I still have 6 more days which I guess is a lot because each day it gets more possible than the day before. . . anyway thanks for sharing that the anxiety and depression about it are all gonna melt away cause I feel pretty crappy right now!!!! I really had in my mind that 3rd babies came sooner than their siblings and just fell right out. . .
post #30 of 50
41+4 here. My mom has been staying with us to helping with 3yo dd (turned 3 on 2/3) but mom leaves tomorrow to rest up before watching my sister's kids for 2 weeks like my brother in law has brain surgery. Mom was going to stay for about a week post partum. DD was born at 38 wks so I was convinced this one would be early. I've tried just about everything for natural induction - on my own since I'm a vbac and my midwives won't 'recommend' induction. I got orders from midwives today for an u/s on Monday if I haven't birthed yet. They did say they would consider sweeping my membranes after 42 wks.

On the bright side I'm feeling ok - swelling and nausea have decreased. On the downer side - those chores I did a month or so ago to be ready for the baby all need to be done again (like cleaning bathrooms). And the moms group at church that is coordinating meals for new moms is bugging me every day about when to start bringing them.
post #31 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwit View Post
mymary- you are so encouraging. I still am having trouble believing I'm gonna make it to the other side- without going to the hospital for an induction. I'm planning a homebirth but am only comfortable going to 42 weeks and I'm 41w1day today. I still have 6 more days which I guess is a lot because each day it gets more possible than the day before. . . anyway thanks for sharing that the anxiety and depression about it are all gonna melt away cause I feel pretty crappy right now!!!! I really had in my mind that 3rd babies came sooner than their siblings and just fell right out. . .
Yeah, thats what everybody says.... "OH, its just gonna fall out, theres nothing holding it back" That gets rude and I see its not true. This third baby of mine was 10 days past my EDD just like my first baby. He was perfect they said though. Looked like he was JUST ON TIME. All I can see is that his hands and feet look a little water logged, like he's been in the bath for a little long. But I guess he has been in a bath tub for a while!!!!!!
post #32 of 50
Thread Starter 
What are all of you mamas doing to stay positive? I never expected how bummed I'd feel less than a week past my guess date. I'm doing hypnobabies, so I've been listening to my affirmations. Even though I don't want the baby to come out necessarily, I did order the "Come Out, Baby" CD she offers. Someone told me that it would help me keep positive about the pregnancy as I get further away from my date. Reaffirming that the baby will come soon, releasing fears, etc... It's helped some. Still, I'm still struggling to stay upbeat and confident. I'd love to know what's working for all of you.
post #33 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by boigrrrlwonder View Post
. Well, even though I'm trying to keep busy, that decision has given me too many days with nothing to do but sit at home and wait.Plus, I never want an EDD at the end of the month again. It seems worst to have an EDD in the previous month, even if I'm still really not that far past my EDD.I just keep telling myself that I will meet my baby soon.
Two of my 3 babies have been due at the end of the month...one went in the middle, the other just before the EDD...this one, well, we are still waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwit View Post
I really had in my mind that 3rd babies came sooner than their siblings and just fell right out. . .
I think alot of us that are waiting feel this way...it is a BIG LIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_mama View Post
41+4 here. On the bright side I'm feeling ok - swelling and nausea have decreased. And the moms group at church that is coordinating meals for new moms is bugging me every day about when to start bringing them.
I am glad that you are starting to feel better That makes such a big difference!! I finally posted on to my friends that I would contact them if I went into labor & that I would update as I feel necessary. I don't need that extra stress of hounding right now.

I am doing SOOOO much better this week than last. I finally figured out I can't control this labor nor the birth, so I just have to pull myself together & wait for this little babe to make the calls. Just like parenting a newborn. My schedule becomes theirs
post #34 of 50
I went to Labor and Delivery last night after 1 1/2 hours of contractions that were 3-8 minutes apart and decreased fetal movement. He, of course, perked up as soon as I got on the monitor, and at least my contractions didn't stop as soon as they hooked me up. But they were not consistently long enough or strong enough to be doing much, although my cervix did change position (favorably) while I was there.

I now have a Monday induction date. They would have been willing to have me stay and do an induction last night or today, but my OB's schedule is very unusual today--she has four scheduled c-sections, which never happens in this small town (where she's the only OB). I wouldn't have considered an induction four days ago, but I really hit my breaking point. Plus, my pattern is looking a lot like last time, and it was clear that my first son needed help getting out.

Of course having the deadline means that my contractions immediately increased in intensity and some of them in length. So I could very well end up back there in the midst of the craziness. I'm already wondering about how the rooms will work out. Our ward has 4 labor-delivery-postpartum-recovery rooms and 4 postpartum-recovery rooms. There was at least one other person there last night. As long as I can hold out a little longer, I figure I'll displace one of the c-sections from an LDPR room.
post #35 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neldavi View Post
I'm still pregnant. I'm only 40weeks 4 days, but like a couple other people I was so sure I was going early. Plus, this is my third baby and I've never made it to my due date before.
That's me exactly. We were all so sure I'd go early for the third time that even though I'm only five days past my "due date" it feels like forever.

<whine>
Plus I've been nauseous the entire pregnancy and I kept telling myself that February would be my puke-free month. Ha. I'm just so done with that part of it.

I feel whiny and spoiled since after all, it can't be that much longer no matter what, right? But I want the baby to come out! Now! And I hardly even have any BH.

Sigh.
</whine>
post #36 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neldavi View Post
I'm still pregnant. I'm only 40weeks 4 days, but like a couple other people I was so sure I was going early. Plus, this is my third baby and I've never made it to my due date before.
That's me exactly. We were all so sure I'd go early for the third time that even though I'm only five days past my "due date" it feels like forever.

<whine>
Plus I've been nauseous the entire pregnancy and I kept telling myself that February would be my puke-free month. Ha. I'm just so done with that part of it.

I feel whiny and spoiled since after all, it can't be that much longer no matter what, right? But I want the baby to come out! Now! And I hardly even have any BH.

Sigh.
</whine>
post #37 of 50
I have had some lower cramping all day and my back aches Never thought I would be happy about that!
post #38 of 50
me too! EDD 01/24 = 41+5 pregnant forever! This thread feels like an oasis in the desert! No, I'm not upset for other births, I'm patiently waiting for my son. I just feel lonely in the forum in such a crucial moment of the pregnancy. Being overdue is tough: Lots of emotions and decisions.

Thanks Gray's Mommy for the link you posted... very informative, supportive and !

I'm fighting for the right to bring little Inácio to this world vaginal and naturally!!! But due to being overdue and a Vbac, It may not happen. But I'm really appreciative of just having my little son, however it will be.

But... Labor vibes please!!! And for you too!!!
post #39 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingflower View Post
me too! EDD 01/24 = 41+5 pregnant forever! But due to being overdue and a Vbac, It may not happen.
I'm also a VBAC, same EDD as you. I've tried just about everything. Homebirth midwives are still confident I'll go this weekend. They will sweep my membranes next week. I've tried to get info about OB's/Hospitals that will induce an overdue vbac instead of a c-section, but haven't had much luck getting info.

post #40 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_mama View Post
I'm also a VBAC, same EDD as you. I've tried just about everything. Homebirth midwives are still confident I'll go this weekend. They will sweep my membranes next week. I've tried to get info about OB's/Hospitals that will induce an overdue vbac instead of a c-section, but haven't had much luck getting info.

I've had a few birth doula clients who were induced with pitocin & vbac'd at hospitals. They just can't exceed the limit (12ml if I remember right) and you have to have constant monitoring to make sure uterine safety. Good birthing vibes for your VBAC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: January 2010
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › January 2010 › It's February: Anyone Else Still Pregnant?