or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

16 and Pregnant - Page 6

post #101 of 209
I had to change the channel. I wanted Lori's mom to shut up. He was gorgeous. Those little lips...

I know the first adoptive family... they are great people.
post #102 of 209
You know, I was thinking about this more this afternoon, and I realized that Lori's mom herself adopted a baby (Lori) from a 16-year-old, and I'm sure that influenced her feelings about the situation. Maybe she was thinking about what Lori would have gone through if she had been raised by her 16-year-old birth mother? And how much better Lori had it being adopted by them? In any case, Lori's mom handled this all very, very poorly, and I agree with you ladies -- I don't see how Lori can ever be okay with her parents again. I cannot fathom treating my pregnant 16-year-old the way her mother treated her
post #103 of 209
I agree that this week's episode was awful. I was crying all the way through it. Even my husband was shocked and upset by the whole scenario. I can't believe how unsupportive her parents were. I get it, it's not ideal that your 16 year old is pregnant. But it is what it is -- and they both obviously wanted to raise that child and they left their daughter with ZERO options. Absolutely horrifying. I could never manipulate my daughter in that way. She is going to resent her parents for the rest of her life, and I don't blame her.
post #104 of 209
This episode was so sad. Her parents were so manipulative it makes me sick to my stomach. They live in a huge house that is way to much house for the people living in it and forced adoption on the parents who didn't want that from day one they suffered harassment. Anytime Lori said she wanted to keep it they called Cory and harrased him until he relented and they presented it like it was him who made the decision. Then the way they were talking to him when he was holding the baby he did not want to give uo for adotion was terrible. They wouldn't even let him enjoy his son without harassment. I hope in the future she distances herself from them. I wish Corey's family was shown more. I wish they could of offered to house them for a little bit until they got on their feet. This was so sad. I bet they would of made good parents.
post #105 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmpmercury View Post
This episode was so sad. Her parents were so manipulative it makes me sick to my stomach. They live in a huge house that is way to much house for the people living in it and forced adoption on the parents who didn't want that from day one they suffered harassment. Anytime Lori said she wanted to keep it they called Cory and harrased him until he relented and they presented it like it was him who made the decision. Then the way they were talking to him when he was holding the baby he did not want to give uo for adotion was terrible. They wouldn't even let him enjoy his son without harassment.
Totally! That horrible mother was giving Cory the stink-eye when he was saying goodbye to his son.
That family did not seem close or loving at all. The parents treated poor Lori like she was a business associate. I wonder if Lori even grew up in a much better environment than she would have if her bio mom had kept her. Lori seemed so defeated and weak, which I suppose will happen if you are raised by a viciously controlling mother. I didn't trust the dad much, either. It felt like he was putting on a "nice-guy" act for the camera. I wonder if Lori's mom was jealous of her pregnancy? I assume that the woman had fertility issues and that's why she adopted.
It is totally appalling that no one stepped up to support Lori. She was bullied by her parents and was totally abandoned by the medical staff as well. What a horrific episode.
post #106 of 209
Maci and Chelsea on the Today Show: http://remotecontrol.mtv.com/2010/03...he-today-show/
post #107 of 209
You know, I do agree that Lori's parents were total UAVs, but I can see the though process behind it and I can't say that I disagree. If your 16 year old daughter gets pregnant, you have no responsibility for that baby. Sure, the good thing to do is to be supportive, but you don't have to. If a girl's parent's won't support her and the child, she either has to find a way to make it work or she has to give the baby up. The whole situation is crummy, and I would never dream of sending away my pregnant daughter, but I do see the reasoning there.

I loved Samantha's episode tonight. I feel like she really was a good girl, and she worked her BUTT off to be a good mom.
post #108 of 209
I disagree and I do think I have a responsibility for my grandchild/ren especially if my child is not an adult yet, if nothing else they are family. I can't comprehend that kind of thinking at all and thank goodness for that.

Last nights show was refreshing after the last one. Good parents and good family support!
post #109 of 209
I really enjoyed this episode it was so nice to see.
post #110 of 209
This was a good episode! It was nice to see a loving family and a show with all rational people, the teens and their families.

I felt so bad for her during labor.
post #111 of 209
Samantha and her boyfriend are nice kids. I don't understand why she doesn't know if the relationship will last, though. Eric is a saint compared to most of the other guys on the show. On the other hand, he really did seem to want a boy, so maybe Samantha feels he's just not as excited about his daughter as he should be.
I was really appalled at the way her birth was handled. I think the only teen who wasn't induced was Farrah, and that's because her water broke. I just want to scream when the girls say the inevitable on every.freaking.episode, "My Dr. says that if I don't go into labor by my due date, (s)he will have to induce me." Which led to the c-section for Samantha. I remember that Amber's midwife (midwife!) told her that she HAD to be induced, because the baby would get too big otherwise. The baby was 7 lbs when she was born!!! I suppose it's a waste of energy to get mad over these things, because that's just what happens in most hospitals. I never went to an O.B. so I don't have direct experience with it. I was just surprised at how common all that crap really is, and that none of the girls or their families are knowledgeable about these issues at all.
post #112 of 209
They tend to induce teens right after their due dates due to the fact that the teens body is also growing and its a lot of stress on their bodies and bigger babies can be more dangerous for a teen then someone in their 20s or 30s.
post #113 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaMoo View Post
Samantha and her boyfriend are nice kids. I don't understand why she doesn't know if the relationship will last, though. Eric is a saint compared to most of the other guys on the show. On the other hand, he really did seem to want a boy, so maybe Samantha feels he's just not as excited about his daughter as he should be.
I was really appalled at the way her birth was handled. I think the only teen who wasn't induced was Farrah, and that's because her water broke. I just want to scream when the girls say the inevitable on every.freaking.episode, "My Dr. says that if I don't go into labor by my due date, (s)he will have to induce me." Which led to the c-section for Samantha. I remember that Amber's midwife (midwife!) told her that she HAD to be induced, because the baby would get too big otherwise. The baby was 7 lbs when she was born!!! I suppose it's a waste of energy to get mad over these things, because that's just what happens in most hospitals. I never went to an O.B. so I don't have direct experience with it. I was just surprised at how common all that crap really is, and that none of the girls or their families are knowledgeable about these issues at all.
Yes! I agree with you on all of this. Did you catch Samantha's mom saying she also had sections. I'm not flaming..I had a c-section too, because I didn't know better at the time! And who knows..maybe I would have ended up with one regardless..but it stinks that MOST people are not knowledgeable enough to at least try for a natural birth. IRL I get frustrated with this as well.

I thought Samantha seemed like a really sweet girl. I thought her mom was also very supportive and I could see why she got upset with Eric's mom before. I was glad to see both families being supportive for a change!
post #114 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetmama26 View Post
They tend to induce teens right after their due dates due to the fact that the teens body is also growing and its a lot of stress on their bodies and bigger babies can be more dangerous for a teen then someone in their 20s or 30s.
Ok, now I won't get so annoyed the next time it happens I found Samantha's birth especially sad b/c when she didn't dilate fast enough, you knew what was coming...and then she wasn't allowed to see her baby for awhile because of the fever she had which was probably caused by the interventions. The nurse said, "If you're sick the baby could catch it from you." I'd be like, "Fine then, give me mask to wear. Just give me my baby!"
post #115 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmom View Post
I thought Samantha seemed like a really sweet girl. I thought her mom was also very supportive and I could see why she got upset with Eric's mom before. I was glad to see both families being supportive for a change!
The family was sweet. I also would be quite upset if another parent were to sabotage my efforts. I understand why Samantha's mom was so upset when she found out Samantha was having sex, but making the girl switch schools and demanding she never see Eric again ended up with predictable consequences. IMHO
post #116 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaMoo View Post
Ok, now I won't get so annoyed the next time it happens I found Samantha's birth especially sad b/c when she didn't dilate fast enough, you knew what was coming...and then she wasn't allowed to see her baby for awhile because of the fever she had which was probably caused by the interventions. The nurse said, "If you're sick the baby could catch it from you." I'd be like, "Fine then, give me mask to wear. Just give me my baby!"
Yeah I was sad about the circumstances of her birth and I think they shoiuld have given her more time to do it on her own but you could tell she was in a lot of pain, and I can understand where they are coming from but when they told me I couldn't see my baby in NICU the night I had him I flipped, I would have been upset if I was Samantha.
post #117 of 209
I finally got a chance to watch the episode.

I thought it was a great one. Especially her little speech she gave at the end about not listening to her parent's advice and how challenging life as a teen mom truly is.

It's so hard though to keep watching all these girls having babies. You can see how torn they are between loving their new babe and grieving for their own future and the carefree life they had before they got pregnant.
post #118 of 209
I too really liked this episode. Jordynn was super cute!! I loved her fluffy hair!
post #119 of 209
What did you guys think of the latest 16 & Pregnant with Nicole?
post #120 of 209
I was wondering if Nicole and Tyler might be the "Happily Ever After" couple we were talking about earlier in the thread. Besides the fact that they were both just incredibly young and in need of way more time in school, they seemed like pretty good kids and their relationship with each other seemed pretty healthy compared to the others we've seen on the show. I agreed with Tyler's mom about them trying to stay in one place though. It seems like they themselves didn't really know where to call "home."

When Nicole's mom was telling Nicole about her sister and father's deaths, I just about lost it...and then again when they had the picture of the dad in the delivery room. Everyone on this episode just seemed like they'd had a really rough life!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Television