I had a wonderful home birth, and loved my midwife. However, I can't go through the insurance nightmare again, and have landed on a hospital birth. However, I don't know if I can take it if I can't have certain requirements met. I'm looking for a midwife (& hospital) near Edgewater, NJ where I can do the following:
- have a waterbirth if I chose
- not be hooked up to a monitor (intermittent hand-held only)
- not be hooked up to an IV
- allowed to move wherever I want during labor
- allowed to birth in a natural position (standing or on all fours, etc)
- don't want my water broken or an episiotomy
- want my child to room-in
- low lighting (if I chose)
- allowed to eat/drink
Is this even possible in a hospital?
I liked what I saw with Hackettstown Midwives, but they're an hour away. I only labored for 6 hours with my first, so I don't know if I'll have the time for a trip like that.
Thank you so much!!