or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

We don't have a name - Page 2

post #21 of 32
We don't have names either. And we need a boy name AND a girl name. We're starting from scratch again.
post #22 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
I love all your names, so Baby is going to have a pretty name no matter what.

We haven't picked a name of either gender.

So far, we have "Mario" "Luigi" "Darth Vader" and "blehbleh". The good news is that these names work for a boy *or* a girl.

My #2DS is Peter, which is my most favorite name in the world, and up until his birth, we thought we would have to name him "Buzz Lightyear" so there is a tiny ray of hope for this baby!
LOL. Those are the kinds of names that come up here when we try to have baby name conversation. Plus Hobbit names and names from Russian literature from my husband, and Harry Potter names my older two girls. Fun times.

My four year old was named after she was born, at the hospital. Did you know that the nurse's station in the maternity ward has baby name books?
post #23 of 32
We have two girl's names narrowed down, but won't pick one until after baby comes. If baby is a boy, well, he will be nameless for a while I expect. Unless one of the names on our long list suddenly jumps out at us both. And for some reason I think baby is a boy this time so... DH was Baby Boy Wilson for 3 weeks though.
post #24 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunita1 View Post
LOL. Those are the kinds of names that come up here when we try to have baby name conversation. Plus Hobbit names and names from Russian literature from my husband, and Harry Potter names my older two girls. Fun times.
A friend of ours kept suggeting Leinenkugel (we like beer!)
post #25 of 32
I don't have a name yet either. There is a name I'm considering, but the first and middle initials would be O.J. Is that inappropriate?
post #26 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotreroHill View Post
I don't have a name yet either. There is a name I'm considering, but the first and middle initials would be O.J. Is that inappropriate?
Ds's First and last initials are O.J. I was sort of worried about it at first, but *shrug* It was a joke, like, twice? and by the time he's old enough to get picked on or something, I'm doubting OJ will be an issue.

ETA... although, if your last name is Simpson, it may be awkward
post #27 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvysen View Post
Ds's First and last initials are O.J. I was sort of worried about it at first, but *shrug* It was a joke, like, twice? and by the time he's old enough to get picked on or something, I'm doubting OJ will be an issue.

ETA... although, if your last name is Simpson, it may be awkward
Nah just change his last name to Tropicana!
post #28 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
I love all your names, so Baby is going to have a pretty name no matter what.

We haven't picked a name of either gender.

So far, we have "Mario" "Luigi" "Darth Vader" and "blehbleh". The good news is that these names work for a boy *or* a girl.

My #2DS is Peter, which is my most favorite name in the world, and up until his birth, we thought we would have to name him "Buzz Lightyear" so there is a tiny ray of hope for this baby!
"Buzz Lightyear" is in the running for my babe!!! No clue about names...I'm making a big list to take with me to the hospital. But I'm hoping the babe comes out with it's name tattooed on it's bum.
post #29 of 32
Thread Starter 
wow... glad to hear I'm not the only one....
I think i'm gunna do what some suggested and have a short list and wait till she's born.... I usually want the name picked out, cause I'm a planner.... but I don't feel the rush......
Thanks for the suggestions....
I'm partial to claire.... and amelia claire was a serious thought very early on...
post #30 of 32
I've got my names ready, although the middle names aren't solid. Gareth Elliot if a boy, Annelise something-or-other for a girl. Dh has the attention span of a flea with head trauma when it comes to names and keeps going off anything we agree on (driving me crazy).

I think Amelia Claire is lovely. Madeline Claire is also a lovely choice.
post #31 of 32
We don't either. lol

I like Addisyn Hope, DH is like whatever about it.. He likes Madelyn Grace and I do too but Madelyn is common. He also likes the thought of calling her Maddy.

We have a trend with our children, they all end with an "N" sound so we are trying to stick with that. I also like Vivian, dh says it's too old sounding.

So, guess we will see when we see her. I give up!
post #32 of 32
No name here, yet, either. We have a short list that we *kind* of like, but nothing that is just jumping out and grabbing us.

I guess we'll wait until the babe gets here and get a feel for them before we decide. That's what we've done with 3 out of our other 4, and it's worked!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: March 2010