or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Infertility › March 2010 Infertility One Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

March 2010 Infertility One Thread - Page 4

post #61 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottesWeb View Post
That's great news about DH!! Glad his swimmers are on the mend. What is your plan for this cycle?
Well...we hope to schedule the surgery this week before DH's baseball schedule (he's a high school teacher/coach) gets full on. Regular season starts next week which means games 3-4 days a week. If they can work him in to do the surgery this week, that would mean about 2 weeks of no BDing...which may or may not make us miss it this month anyway. I O at a different time every month it seems...between CD13 in December to CD26 this month. It all sort of depends on when the surgery is right now.

After the surgery, we will have to take another SA to see how high his count is again...and I'm just assuming that will be another 3-month wait. Our plan is to use OPKs and the Pre-Seed lubricant I bought during the wait before I can speak with my dr. about Clomid for me.

I will update when our specialist calls me back this afternoon.
post #62 of 136
Hope it works out!
post #63 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapesBunch View Post

The results showed that the count was up from 200,000 to just over 5 million!
HOLY CRAP!! Yaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!!

200,000 is a pretty dismal number, but 5 million?? That's do-able! Double that and you might have enough for IUIs... My husband never got any higher than 300,000 and even then most of the sperm were crap.

But YAY! Something worked!
post #64 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaura View Post
HOLY CRAP!! Yaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!!

200,000 is a pretty dismal number, but 5 million?? That's do-able! Double that and you might have enough for IUIs... My husband never got any higher than 300,000 and even then most of the sperm were crap.

But YAY! Something worked!
Thanks, LadyLaura!

Yes, that dismal number has had me pretty upset for the past three months. I told DH that if it never gets over 5 million, that's still so much better than 200,000. I'm still waiting for the doc to call me back to schedule the surgery.

Also, we don't know if this could be the issue, but DH was taking in 6-8 packets of Splenda every day. We had run out of sugar and someone had given me a whole case of Splenda so DH told me to put that in his coffee instead. After doing a little research less than a month ago, we found a lot of people blaming pituitary problems on sweeteners. DH came off immediately and has gone back to sugar and nothing else. Neither of us could prove it, but we have a hunch that the sweeteners (he had been ingesting them for around a year when he was first tested) may have messed with his pituitary. He has only been off for about three weeks, so we are hoping that maybe that kept the number from being any higher.
post #65 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapesBunch View Post
I thought I'd never make it through the weekend and yesterday, but here I am on TUESDAY!

I started spotting Saturday mid-morning and was really bummed. Sunday I was an emotional mess. My temp was still moderate but I was still spotting occasionally. At one point I lost it and couldn't control the crying. It was terrible!

Still spotting but no AF yesterday...the day of the appointment where they were supposed to tell us if the Clomid worked for DH. The appt wasn't until 2:30 and I seriously felt like I was going to throw up any minute...ALL DAY! We both took off work early so we could be together.

The results showed that the count was up from 200,000 to just over 5 million! The doctor looked at us like we were idiots when we both had a giddy laugh when we heard the number. He then looked at the number from the first test and understood our happiness. So, obviously we are still about 75% lower than what we need to be, but oh so much better than before. We are talking to the doctor today to schedule an appt to get DH's varicocele fixed. The doctor is expecting numbers to jump where we need them after that gets fixed. YAY! I'm so excited!

By the way, today is CD 1. BOO! I do still feel that I was spared the devastation of AF while having the stress of yesterday.
I'm sorry about AF but YEAH on your dh's new numbers!! That is fantastic news!

Another bfn today at 14dpo so I think we're out. My friend is pressuring me to still go for my blood test on Thursday, but I can't be bothered. I may continue my prometrium for another day just to be sure, but the longer I take it the longer it will take for af to come. So whenever af shows I just have to call my old RE to start a cycle with him.
post #66 of 136
Blah. BFN at 13 dpo. Boooooo. Still getting little bits of brown spotting here and there... but I can't really see this going anywhere good.

Blood test tomorrow, regardless...
post #67 of 136
Fingers and toes crossed for you Laura!

AFM: Still trying for sample, whilst TTC...which can be more difficult than it seems, especially since I should O this week.
post #68 of 136
Just wanted to give you ladies my final update. I spoke to my doctor yesterday and let him know that DH and I have decided to take a break from TTC. I just can't handle the thought of doing shots again starting next week, just to go through this again. So we're using our tax return to go to Italy for a week at the end of June. When we get back we'll try again.
post #69 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post
Just wanted to give you ladies my final update. I spoke to my doctor yesterday and let him know that DH and I have decided to take a break from TTC. I just can't handle the thought of doing shots again starting next week, just to go through this again. So we're using our tax return to go to Italy for a week at the end of June. When we get back we'll try again.
Taking a break is good. You'll definitely feel more refreshed whenever you decide to come back and try again.

And Italy... in June!!! It'll be absolutely gorgeous. Where are you going? I hope you'll get the chance to visit Tuscany!
post #70 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaura View Post
Taking a break is good. You'll definitely feel more refreshed whenever you decide to come back and try again.

And Italy... in June!!! It'll be absolutely gorgeous. Where are you going? I hope you'll get the chance to visit Tuscany!
We only have a week because of school, so we're spending the whole thing in Florence. This is our first time out of the country and DH and I both love art and architecture - Florence is perfect! I am beyond excited.
post #71 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post
We only have a week because of school, so we're spending the whole thing in Florence. This is our first time out of the country and DH and I both love art and architecture - Florence is perfect! I am beyond excited.
Very cool, Jane! Enjoy your break and your vacation!
post #72 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post
Just wanted to give you ladies my final update. I spoke to my doctor yesterday and let him know that DH and I have decided to take a break from TTC. I just can't handle the thought of doing shots again starting next week, just to go through this again. So we're using our tax return to go to Italy for a week at the end of June. When we get back we'll try again.
The vacation sounds like a GREAT idea. I think this month of having to take a break for me has been better than I thought it would be. G/L though and be safe on your trip!!! I know you guys will have a wonderful time.



AFM: I know i've been MIA lately because my computer hasn't been letting me sign on for some reason..BLAH...I go this friday for my appointment with the RE after having to wait 3 weeks. I think this has been the longest 2 weeks of my life but I've done a lot of soul searching and realized that I obviously can't force my body to do anything it's not ready to do....and I think i'm going to insist on another SA for DH. I just have a bad feeling that there's something wrong with me and him together that isn't meshing.....I'm ready to finally get some answers though and talk to the doctor about maybe doing an IUI cycle this summer if we still don't have the results we are wanting by then.

s to those who AF has found and i've got my FX for those af still hasn't found!!! I hope this week has been a good one for everyone...even outside of the TTC world. I finally get to go back to work this weekend for 3 days and then i'm on my second week of administrative leave...i'm so ready for the end of the month so that I can finally get back to working full time!!!!!! Everyone take care!!!
post #73 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post
We only have a week because of school, so we're spending the whole thing in Florence. This is our first time out of the country and DH and I both love art and architecture - Florence is perfect! I am beyond excited.

I hope that the break is good for you. Italy sounds beautiful! Please make sure to come back and tell us all about it. I want to hear about the food please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaura View Post
Blah. BFN at 13 dpo. Boooooo. Still getting little bits of brown spotting here and there... but I can't really see this going anywhere good.

Blood test tomorrow, regardless...
See you are a good patient. I went for the b/t last cycle even though I knew it was negative, but not this time. I just can't make myself take more time off work and sit in the waiting room again. Ugh.....feeling the blah sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brichole1214 View Post
The vacation sounds like a GREAT idea. I think this month of having to take a break for me has been better than I thought it would be. G/L though and be safe on your trip!!! I know you guys will have a wonderful time.



AFM: I know i've been MIA lately because my computer hasn't been letting me sign on for some reason..BLAH...I go this friday for my appointment with the RE after having to wait 3 weeks. I think this has been the longest 2 weeks of my life but I've done a lot of soul searching and realized that I obviously can't force my body to do anything it's not ready to do....and I think i'm going to insist on another SA for DH. I just have a bad feeling that there's something wrong with me and him together that isn't meshing.....I'm ready to finally get some answers though and talk to the doctor about maybe doing an IUI cycle this summer if we still don't have the results we are wanting by then.

s to those who AF has found and i've got my FX for those af still hasn't found!!! I hope this week has been a good one for everyone...even outside of the TTC world. I finally get to go back to work this weekend for 3 days and then i'm on my second week of administrative leave...i'm so ready for the end of the month so that I can finally get back to working full time!!!!!! Everyone take care!!!
Have you not been having IUI's all along? We do one on every medicated cycle. I hope the appointment is good, with some productive ideas from your doc. Your admin leave sounds like a bunch of crap but hopefully you can put it behind you quickly. Will your co-workers hold this against you or are they understanding?
post #74 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post
We only have a week because of school, so we're spending the whole thing in Florence. This is our first time out of the country and DH and I both love art and architecture - Florence is perfect! I am beyond excited.
Florence! You'll love it. If you get the chance, rent a car and drive out into the countryside for a day. Everything around Florence is just breathtakingly gorgeous, and at that time, the sunflower fields will be in bloom.

I love love love love love Italy. Have you read Under the Tuscan Sun? That'll get you in the mood.

AFM- I'm going crazy. Still no AF, though I continue to see a little brown here and there. Already had my blood test this morning and am just waiting for my phone call later. Seriously, I'm going to kick myself later if I'm wrong, but I really don't FEEL like my period's about to arrive... We'll see. It's 14 dpo, so something should happen one way or another really soon...
post #75 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaura View Post
Florence! You'll love it. If you get the chance, rent a car and drive out into the countryside for a day. Everything around Florence is just breathtakingly gorgeous, and at that time, the sunflower fields will be in bloom.

I love love love love love Italy. Have you read Under the Tuscan Sun? That'll get you in the mood.

AFM- I'm going crazy. Still no AF, though I continue to see a little brown here and there. Already had my blood test this morning and am just waiting for my phone call later. Seriously, I'm going to kick myself later if I'm wrong, but I really don't FEEL like my period's about to arrive... We'll see. It's 14 dpo, so something should happen one way or another really soon...
Ladylaura,

Praying for you!! We need some good news today. When do you think you may hear?
post #76 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottesWeb View Post
Ladylaura,

Praying for you!! We need some good news today. When do you think you may hear?
Sometime in the next 3 hours... gaaaah. Hopefully not while I'm driving!
post #77 of 136
Negative blood test oh well. I'm okay though I'll certainly spend the next day or two mourning. One thing that factors into using donor sperm is the number of vials from this donor- we have 12- and how that translates into the number of children we can have. That's not pressure i'm really okay with... On to attempt #3, I guess.
post #78 of 136
Keep us posted!!!
post #79 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliesara63 View Post
Have you not been having IUI's all along? We do one on every medicated cycle. I hope the appointment is good, with some productive ideas from your doc. Your admin leave sounds like a bunch of crap but hopefully you can put it behind you quickly. Will your co-workers hold this against you or are they understanding?

No, my RE wants us to try on our own before moving on to IUI's which personally i'm feeling like is wasting my time right now. I really hope we get good news tomorrow too though...that would be wonderful. It stinks that I have to be up so early but I can go back home and take a nap before the nurse calls me back and before i have to be at work tomorrow night. I agree with you that my admin leave is a load of crap but maybe someone else will do something else to make them mad and they will stop focusing all of their attention on me. I also hope that my co-workers will not hold it against me with what's happened although i know they have all been talking about me behind my back since i've been gone. It's crap but that's the way those people are. One day, people will learn to be nice but i guess until that day happens...i'll just live with being the topic of converstaion while i'm not there. I hope everyone is doing good...and i'm really loving all of the responses we've gotten so far.


On another note...if there's anyone who hasn't been added to the blurbs on the main page please send me your information so i can add you or anyone who needs their blurb updated let me know. I feel like i'm kinda lagging in my duties this month...but it's been one crazy month!!! Everyone enjoy the rest of the week and just think tomorrow is friday lol.....YAY for fridays...although i have to go back to work tomorrow night lol
post #80 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaura View Post
Negative blood test oh well. I'm okay though I'll certainly spend the next day or two mourning. One thing that factors into using donor sperm is the number of vials from this donor- we have 12- and how that translates into the number of children we can have. That's not pressure i'm really okay with... On to attempt #3, I guess.
I'm sorry Ladylaura! That sucks... You have the right attitude though- be positive and stay stong. It will happen! What is your plan for this cycle? Gee...I never thought of that. You want all your children to have the same father...that makes sense, so they will all be connected. Very cool.

We are all here to support you. I was really xf for you all afternoon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Infertility
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Infertility › March 2010 Infertility One Thread