ok So I might have just wasted a bunch of yogurt on a whim. I know that you are not supposed to give babies honey untill 12mo having said that here is the situation: I just made up some yogurt for the family and the baby, it's in the yogurt maker as we speak (a fancy christmas gift from my wonderful MIL!). half of it is cows milk for us and the other half is Bmilk. the reason why i put honey in it is BC it usually comes out a bit tart and so i wanted to make it sweeter. this is why i thought it was ok to do: First i noticed 1/2 of the honey was "crystalizing" so i boiled some water and poured it over that jar of honey in a bowl and let it soften then i brought the milk to 185 degrees and then down to 110 and then added in the honey, drymilk and yogurt. I was thinking having the honey sit in the hot water would kill the stuff that would make my baby sick. Is it safe to give my baby this yogurt or not? tell me what you think?
post #1 of 4
3/15/10 at 12:09am