or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › Activism and News › Waiting for the official word that healthcare has passed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Waiting for the official word that healthcare has passed - Page 4

post #61 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet2 View Post
Me too! It's actually really helpful!
I've been surprised at how informative it really is. DP feels it is unnecessary but there have been several times that I was surprised at the relative calorie content of different items on the same menu.
post #62 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by abimommy View Post
I really like that restaurants will be required to display the nutritional content of their menu.
This will be very helpful. I just started Weight Watchers again. I try to be prepared ahead of time, but sometimes I get caught off guard.
post #63 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWrangler View Post
This will be very helpful. I just started Weight Watchers again. I try to be prepared ahead of time, but sometimes I get caught off guard.
It is really hard, I keep seeing those "CALORIE HORRORS!!!" things on yahoo and it is just mind boggling how horrible some of the salads are. There have been several salads with more calories than someone should eat in a day!!
post #64 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredX2 View Post
I've been surprised at how informative it really is. DP feels it is unnecessary but there have been several times that I was surprised at the relative calorie content of different items on the same menu.
I found California Pizza Kitchen's (yum) nutritional content to be pretty horrific. They have *multiple* salads over 1000 calories.

Of course, it only makes sense that Blue Cheese isn't *healthy* but I think it would really help people to actually see it right in front of them. Also, it might be a kick in the pants to restaurants to start being a bit more responsible with their menu.
post #65 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by abimommy View Post
I found California Pizza Kitchen's (yum) nutritional content to be pretty horrific. They have *multiple* salads over 1000 calories.
See, that is exactly what I'm talking about. Red Robin is another one. I wonder how many people order something they think sounds better for them than a burger and fries---- like a chicken salad--- only to look and the calories are out of this world!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Activism and News
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › Activism and News › Waiting for the official word that healthcare has passed