We've applied to a magnet school (public) for K but we won't hear until the first or second week of May. It's so hard to wait! Just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat or if you've heard the results yet-- I'd love to read about other people's experiences while I obsess about DS's chances. I wish our lottery system wasn't quite so slow!
We'll keep DS in his wonderful Montessori program for next year if he doesn't get into the magnet school, but financially it would be much much better for our family if he gets in. I almost think being waitlisted would be hardest because I just really want to know where he's going to be in the fall (and so does his current school, where we'll need to put in a deposit soon if he'll be there in the fall).
Good luck to anyone in the same situation!
Edited by tatermom - 5/30/11 at 6:40pm