I have met with a few other pediatricians (Pediatric Partners in Towson and Maryland Pediatric Group in Lutherville, to name a few) who have given the same response in regard to my wanting to post-pone vaccinations for my infant.
The rational I've been given every time is that it is more convenient to give the shots all at once rather than to make additional doctor's visits for each. This is not a good enough reason for me as I am willing to make separate visits for each and every vaccination I have to get for my daughter rather than to over-expose her undeveloped immune system to too much at one time.
My question is does anyone know of a good pediatrician in the Baltimore area that would be willing to work with me regarding my delayed vaccination preferences for my infant? Also, does anyone know of a pediatrician in the area that offers parents the option to give either multi-dose OR single-dose vaccinations if they prefer to split the inoculations up over several months time rather than administering them all at once? Meaning that I would want to have the DTaP, Hib, PCV, IPV, and RV split into separate shots that are given at different times.
Any assistance that anyone on this forum could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help! ~ Casey