Originally Posted by indigoscot
so is the plan for wehrli to stay with her company (and insurance) until she actually has the baby, or to get pregnant and then quit? giving birth w/o insurance could be insanely expensive
of course once you complete the second parent adoption, baby can legally be on your insurance. for ds2 we did all the paperwork we could ahead of time and it was still over 2 months after his birth that we got our court date.
are you completely sold on your job? is there another company you could work for in your area that DOES offer ssp benefits? hrc can help you with that.
I was tickled that you were able to match me up correctly to my DP from the TTC board, since I don't think I've ever said it was wehrli.
I had initially hoped (while assuming I could get her on my coverage) that she could quit her job after getting pregnant, but before giving birth. Well, that is out of the question now, for exactly the reason you said. It's just too expensive. I just wanted to save her from her crappy job ASAP, ya know? So, I guess I'm not sure what the plan is if we use up the the lifetime fertility treatments limit and still aren't pregnant. She hasn't gotten home from work yet, and we still have to rework our plan in light of these new circumstances.
HR lady says that she's sorry it went so poorly and she's going to do some further research into it and re-approach the prez, but I'm not holding my breath. I am afraid it's probably just that whole HR playing nicey to both sides thing that goes on.
I appreciate the advice about legalizing the 2nd parent adoption and how long it took...we will definitely jump on the consult and paperwork as soon as we get a sticky BFP.
While I am not totally loyal to my current company, and I am certainly willing to consider my options at another job, I just recently (like 3 months) made a pretty significant field change within the company and need some time in my current position to build some resume padding experience before I go in search of a new employer. The only thing that sucks about that is we don't really live in a large city, and while there are companies around that offer ssp benefits, it would mean a commute to another city. While I'm not opposed to commuting either (cuz we can always move eventually) I am just still so deflated by the blatent rejection that I find myself being cynical about everything right now.
I'm sure a good nights sleep and some discussion with DP will make it all better!
And while I know nothing has changed at my job, they haven't taken anything away from me, and tomorrow will be the same as every day before that I've worked there for the past 3 years.....I suddenly have a very different perspective on that place.
OK, enough! Thank you to anyone who has tolerated my tirade over this insurance thing. The venting is invaluable to me.