or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › September 2010 › Anyone having their 3rd + of the same gender?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone having their 3rd + of the same gender?

post #1 of 53
Thread Starter 
We found out we are having a 3rd boy. While a girl would've been nice, they are totally uncharted territory for me. LOL

I'm excited, but I KNOW the comments are going to start once everyone starts finding out. And the pitiful looks. Oy.
post #2 of 53
I hear ya. We're not finding out this time, but I am fully expecting a third boy and have a really strong "boy" feeling about the baby. I could be totally wrong, but yeah, I opted for not finding out just because I don't want to deal with the "Ohhhhhh, I bet you were trying for your girl!" comments.
Anyway, I'm totally excited by the prospect of a third little man, and am honestly a little scared to give up my "me and the boys" phase of life if, by chance, we DO have a girl.

Congrats on another awesome little boy!
post #3 of 53
ddcc

yup, no advice, only commiseration re: the rude comments. good thing i love boys and actually prefer them. how scary would a girl be at this point? they actually scare me...

i'll be finding out in a week or two what i'm having and it's providing great anxiety. i personally have no expectations, but it sux knowing other people do.
post #4 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovemercy View Post
and am honestly a little scared to give up my "me and the boys" phase of life if, by chance, we DO have a girl.
i can relate to this. seems like there'd be a bit of mourning to be done at the prospect of having a girl. (NOT THAT I'D NOT BE HAPPY--OOPS, CAPS) but i've immensely enjoyed being mom to all boys, and thus "queen of my castle" all these years.
post #5 of 53
This is our fourth child but our third boy. We have a daughter and two sons already. Let me say that I'm relieved it's a boy. LOL! My sister has a daughter and I've seen how high maintanance the girls in our families are between our two. Hahaha! But, all our boys have been so relaxed, gentle and sweet. I'm pleased as punch to be having another sweet mama's boy.

People say stupid things no matter what you're having. When we were expecting our third, after having a son and then a daughter, we got the "Why ruin a good thing by adding another?" WTF? People are just prone to saying stupid stuff. LOL.
post #6 of 53
I'm a proud member of this club - we are expecting fantastic baby BOY #4. We also have 2 girls. I haven't gotten any rude comments (those would generally be about us having 6 kids in general, not the 4 boys part). We express that we are happy everyone will have lots of brothers, and nobody has had the guts to go against that Though most of our friends have seemed genuinely happy for us about the pregnancy AND that baby #6 is a boy. I can't wait to see him fit in with the group!
post #7 of 53
Our first three were boys. It was such a fun, fun time. With our dd's arrival in 2008, we were introduced to much drama...and now I have to say, I prefer boys. Immensely. I'm sure there are advantages to girls, too, but at 2.5 years I've yet to see many.

The only disadvantages I can see to having all boys, and I mean the ONLY one, is the eventual position as a MIL. Knowing how bad my relationship is with my MIL, I'm wary of being one.

Otherwise? Boys rock. I LOVED having three boys!
post #8 of 53
3girls and 1 boy, expecting girl #4
I have had lots of offers to adopt my son when he threatened to run away. He was however happy about another sister " I get to keep my own room, aaand I'll be a ladies man" haha
post #9 of 53
We're having our third boy.

Have two boys.. one girl... and I love them both. My guys are such sweet, wonderful little boys that I'm very happy to be adding another. Would have loved another girl as well.

But yes... I've had the comments... oh, I bet you hoped he was a girl, etc. I usually say that although it would be nice for DD to have a sister, she already enjoys being the diva of the family and totally loved by her brothers. I honestly don't know if she could handle the competition of a sister...LOL
post #10 of 53
This is us!!! We found out last week that we are going to have three boys. No girls for us. We are thrilled. So far the comments we've had have been surprisingly positive. Some good natured "Look out, three boys... that'll be busy!" comments, but nothing negative about us "needing" a girl which I was kind of bracing for.

I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going. Before I know it he's going to be here. I can't wait (well I can, since I want him fully cooked, preferably at my due date or beyond ) to meet him.
post #11 of 53
Rereading this thread the only comment I've gotten re: our girls vs. the boys is that "those girls are going to be princesses with all those brothers around"... and that's pretty accurate given their personalities thusfar.
post #12 of 53
Seven days from now (yes, I am counting down!) we will know if we are having our third boy. I really think so and, although everyone around me WANTS it to be a girl, they are starting to accept that it is probably a boy. DH and I will be totally speechless if it is a girl.

We have had a million comments along the lines of "bet you want a girl", "I just know its a girl", "I hope you get your girl". They usually shut right up when I say we prefer another boy. This will be our last and I can predict a whole new batch of comments regarding that. Also, it annoys me that people think we are having a 3rd just to have a girl. We would have had three even if our first two were boy/girl.

And, as a PP said, the only disadvantage I can see is only being a MIL. I really dread that...
post #13 of 53
DDC crashing. I just had my 3rd girl. We did not know what she was. And while I was pregnant I got so many rude comments about how this baby had to be a boy, that my DH needed a boy, blah blah blah. After she was born the comments continued. First thing MIL said when DH called her was, well are you going to try for a boy? I just pushed out a baby so the last thing on my mind is pushing out another one. And I have had several people ask if DH was disappointed when she was born .
I saw another thread about this and one person said her comeback is: "my happiness in not wrapped up in what is between my child's legs."

Lisa
post #14 of 53
I will admit that with my first I was disappointed that it was a girl. I wouldn't trade her for the world though. We aren't finding out what we are having this time, but I'm expecting another boy. We have a girl and then two boys. My boys were actually fussier babies then my girl.
post #15 of 53
Wow, there are lots of us
I am having a third boy too! Can't wait!
post #16 of 53
We have three daughters and will find out in 2 weeks, 1 day if we're having girl #4 or a boy. Either way, I'm fine with it. My hubby really, really wants a boy though.

As for rude, stupid comments the best ever for me was after I had daughter #3. I was grocery shopping with all 3 girls when the baby was maybe 2 weeks old. The cashier - a 40 something man - said "So when you gonna start trying for a boy?" and as I just stood there staring blankly at him, the old-guy bagger asked me AGAIN. Seriously, who asks a woman, 2 weeks after giving birth (and they'd asked how old the baby was prior) when the next one is due. I was flabberghasted. We get plenty of "got your hands full, lotta drama, no time in the bathroom" comments. Best responses - " This is just how I like it, they learn to speak nicely when you teach them and we send them outside to pee when both bathrooms are occupied." Shuts every one up nicely. ;-)
post #17 of 53
I've heard that if you've had 2 of the same in a row, you are 80% likely to have a third of the same. I have no proof of that whatsoever, but it seems to bear out.

I sat next to a man on an airplane once who was one of 15 children. All of them were boys except #11 and #15! Now THAT was busy.
post #18 of 53
Quote:
I've heard that if you've had 2 of the same in a row, you are 80% likely to have a third of the same. I have no proof of that whatsoever, but it seems to bear out.
I wonder if that means "eventually" or consecutively? Because my "pattern" so far has been BBGGBB - so yes, I eventually had a third and then fourth boy, but there were 2 girls in the middle of that
post #19 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyblessedmama View Post
I wonder if that means "eventually" or consecutively? Because my "pattern" so far has been BBGGBB - so yes, I eventually had a third and then fourth boy, but there were 2 girls in the middle of that
It was meant consecutively. If you were pg with a third baby after having 2 of the same, then it was 80% likely the 3rd would be the same as the first two.
post #20 of 53
As for the stats, I looked it up once and technically for your first it is about 51% chance boy, 49% girl. Then if you have two of the same gender you have only a slightly increased chance of having another the same gender, about 55-56%. But, a local long-time OB told my friend, who has four boys, that in his experience if you have more than one of the same gender you are about 85% likely to have the same again.

Out of my mothering friends we have MANY families with a single gender (two girls, three girls, five girls, four boys, four boys, etc.), but I also know two families who had two boys and then a girl.

I am glad my ultrasound is Monday and I can stop obsessing over all of this!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: September 2010
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › September 2010 › Anyone having their 3rd + of the same gender?