Thanks so much for posting this link! I haven't been on here in a loooooong time (5-6 months maybe?) and came on to try to find just these answers.
Some background: Since June 2008 we have:
1. Found DR's TMMO
2. Did the BEF
3. Lived with my In-laws for 14 months in order to
a)Pay off all debt except car
b)Save up for house down payment
4. Bought a house last June (only paid ~7% down, 30 yr mortgage- so not very DR, but that's what we could afford. BUT we DO pay $100 extra every month since month 1 and we plan to soon start biweekly payments which would have us paying it off in about 17 years, so not too shabby)
5. We JUST paid off our car with our >$10,000 tax refund thanks to the first-time-homebuyers' tax credit.
So now we are on BS3, and I just didn't know what to do first! We need to get DH a truck, because during BS2 we've made due with only 1 vehicle, which is still feasible, but not really desirable. We also badly need to replace our kitchen table and chairs, living room furniture, (as well as much of our other furniture come to think of it) because 90% of it was given to us 6yrs ago when we got married, and was already in not-great condition. We actually also need to start back with the Basic Em Fund. We had somehow spent every last penny of our savings since buying our house, mainly on things for the house (new washer and dryer, a grill, a wall cabinet, putting in a garden, a microwave stand/shelf.....).
So... as I'm posting this, I've figured out that what we need to do is this:
1. Re-fund our BEF
2. Take care of our delayed expenses like a truck for DH and replacing some furniture items
3. Establish a sinking fund
4. THEN finally we'll truly be able to attack the FFEF.
It's really exciting to see the progress we've made as well as what the future looks like!
Thanks again, MyTwoAs!
Good luck to everyone in their pursuit of financial freedom!