or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Allergies › May Flowers Make Me Sneeze (and Chat!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

May Flowers Make Me Sneeze (and Chat!) - Page 2

post #21 of 852
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
Holy cow! Glad you have well water then!

We just had chili for dinner, with ground beef. DS's request even though it's 80s and humid today. Just plain not chili weather. But we had it anyway.

Swedish meatballs are good... deconstructed cabbage rolls... stuffed peppers.... meatloaf (blechety blech)...
oh how i miss lazy cabbage rolls.
post #22 of 852
Dd pulled out the tuna salad I made for dh to take to work tomorrow and ate some - ugh - egg in the mayo and soy in the tuna. May be a long night tomorrow.
post #23 of 852
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deditus View Post
Dd pulled out the tuna salad I made for dh to take to work tomorrow and ate some - ugh - egg in the mayo and soy in the tuna. May be a long night tomorrow.
oh no! clay and vitamin c?

after buying most of the month's meat yesterday (and some for next month as well), today i divided chicken into 15 meal sized portions, cut a pork loin into 8 portions of "chops" and a pack of "extras" (for pulled pork), made 3 portions of ground turkey, 4 1/2 dozen meat balls, 8 salisbury steaks and 2 packages of ground beef. Still need to make 4 more packages of ground beef and 2 meatloaves, as well as dividing canned fruit into "snack packs" and pre-cooking breakfast sausage. will do that after supper. caught up on dishes. pulled pork over rice with steamed carrots for supper. I my crockpot and rice cooker/steamer.
post #24 of 852
I'll try to join in this month. We are confused as to what is really wrong with my DD. I did an intro thread a little while back.

Recap: I had to go off non-raw dairy when DD was a baby to clear up her reflux issues. We can't really tell if she reacts to it now. We thought she was when were visiting family for a week and she developed HORRIBLE blisters all over her bottom. We had her tested for true allergies and sensitivities. Allergies came back with nothing and sensitivities came back with only one severe, about 10 moderate, and a ton of milds.

Now I find out through a news article that the blisters were actually a result of Pampers new formula of diapers that we used while up there (we cloth at home). The DryMax is apparently giving babies all over the US chemical burns! They are also refusing to admit that it's their fault.

So now I don't know what to do. Do I keep working on eliminating these sensitivities when I don't see any changes in her behavior or well-being from them (except for the one severe - leads to night waking), or do I say screw it and go back to feeding her the really healthy diet we had her on anyway? Ugh.
post #25 of 852
I`m still here just have a really super busy mth, last mth. Hoping this mth will be more quiet. The sports are done, mostly as dd2 and dd1 wants to do Karate. lol We`ll see how they do.

dd3 is still doing great. Her allergens are mostly under control but she still has a few symptoms that I have no clue what it could be. We are seeing the naturopath next wk for dd3, so we`ll see what she says, I guess.
post #26 of 852
Just stopping by to say hi.

Back to sanding.....
post #27 of 852
happy may, everyone! forgive me for popping in and not reading up... just have time to sub and to ask you all to read my thread about our supps... could really use some input from you all. thanks!

jen

it is sooooo hot here! summer has arrived!
post #28 of 852
Subbing, for the first time...
I think I'll be hanging around here alot this month- I'm a week and a half into a TED to try to resolve my poor DS2's bloody poo . I'm actually feeling mostly ok, but my mood swings according to his diapers- and they're not getting better very quickly, or consistently.
He's 11 weeks now, and my DS1 is 30 months tomorrow!
I'll be returning to work tomorrow, my DH is the SAHparent.
Nice to meet y'all!
post #29 of 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie's Mama View Post
Now I find out through a news article that the blisters were actually a result of Pampers new formula of diapers that we used while up there (we cloth at home). The DryMax is apparently giving babies all over the US chemical burns! They are also refusing to admit that it's their fault.


I don't know much about allergies, but if it were me, I'd stay off the moderate ones for a period of time (a couple weeks maybe), then introduce them back in and watch for a change. I would probably have her (or you if you are bf'ing) eat a lot, and watch closely. If there's no change after that, I'd probably go back to eating everything but the one you know causes a reaction.


Since I just took pictures of ds's rash, I thought I'd put them here, just in case anyone has any insight. His original rash was in the same vicinity, but not the exact place. We are almost certain his original rash was food related (strong correlation to my eating sweet potato). This rash doesn't get as bad, and I can't figure out wth it could be related to. I'm wondering if this could be something else, like a fungal infection, or if it still looks like it could be food related. He also has some lightish random bumps over his whole lower abdomen, but you can just barely see them in one of the pics.
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...y/100_5379.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...y/100_5384.jpg

I know it's not that bad (and it is much better than what we were dealing with in the beginning), but I just can't say "oh well" and forget about it, yk? It's there, and it hasn't gone away since it popped up (a couple months ago, maybe?). It gets better and worse, but hasn't gone away. Plus, if it is food related, I'm assuming it's not bad because I'm not eating anything that's super unsafe, kwim?
post #30 of 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisamommyRN View Post
I'm actually feeling mostly ok, but my mood swings according to his diapers- and they're not getting better very quickly, or consistently.
I understand that. It's mentally easier to stick with a limited diet if you see results from it. It's hard to be so limited in what you eat!

Imo, if you don't see improvements after another few days, I'd try switching stuff out. It seems like there should be some major improvements after 2 weeks on a TED if you have all the right stuff out.
post #31 of 852
Thread Starter 
how quickly does b6/mag/mo work for sals overload?
post #32 of 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
how quickly does b6/mag/mo work for sals overload?
Depends how overloaded, and how deficient you are. If it's just mo or B6 that are deficient, those seem to correct pretty fast. Mag is harder (and if you have issues that impact mag - metals, too much calcium, general autoimmune issues, whatever), definitely longer for that one - couple of months for us, with a LOT of all three going in (but I think mag was the big issue). Hopefully you're just dealing with mo deficiency .
post #33 of 852
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafish9 View Post
Depends how overloaded, and how deficient you are. If it's just mo or B6 that are deficient, those seem to correct pretty fast. Mag is harder (and if you have issues that impact mag - metals, too much calcium, general autoimmune issues, whatever), definitely longer for that one - couple of months for us, with a LOT of all three going in (but I think mag was the big issue). Hopefully you're just dealing with mo deficiency .
I'm guessing it might actually b6, come to think of it. ds2 was totally off the walls- he had a peppermint and apple juice- and I made him drink Natural Calm "lemonade" laced with mo and b6 and he settled within minutes..
post #34 of 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
I'm guessing it might actually b6, come to think of it. ds2 was totally off the walls- he had a peppermint and apple juice- and I made him drink Natural Calm "lemonade" laced with mo and b6 and he settled within minutes..
I'd vote mag, it seems to work fast like that for me. But if it is, I'd guess it's not affecting the sals so much as whatever's out of balance because of them. Or B6, maybe.
post #35 of 852
And... I'm done sanding!! Well, except the very corners of the room, and I have no idea how to even do those. And now that the floor is sanded, we're trying to decide whether or not to stain it (so much for this project getting done this weekend, huh? Good thing I decided to save the kitchen for later!)


Welcome to all the new folks in chat!


hmm... I did have something allergy related to talk about, but now I don't remember what it was.
post #36 of 852
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
I'd vote mag, it seems to work fast like that for me. But if it is, I'd guess it's not affecting the sals so much as whatever's out of balance because of them. Or B6, maybe.
I'm thinking b6 bc we've tried mag and mo, separately and together before.
Next time I'll just try b6 and see if/what it does.
dh was like "what WAS that you gave him? that was GREAT!"

eta: the only b6 we had before was tabs not capsules, hence not trying it
post #37 of 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
I'd vote mag, it seems to work fast like that for me. But if it is, I'd guess it's not affecting the sals so much as whatever's out of balance because of them. Or B6, maybe.
Mag works that fast for me, too. I had bad menstrual cramps week before last 'cause I ran of mag glycinate a few weeks ago so I ran all over town to find some. Popped two and aaaahhhh within 20 minutes. Bs usually take a good hour or 2 to kick in for me.
post #38 of 852
cs, you are so industrious to be getting all that done with a little one around! I am impressed. My kids are older and I am a slacker, need to paint and all sorts of other projects!

Guys, what is UP with me?? I keep going through this pattern of seriously craving carbs, and it just spirals out of control. The only way to really break it is to significantly cut my carbs for a while, Atkins-style. I feel so much better when I wat that way, plenty of fat and protein, fairly low-carb, grain-free.

So lately I had been in a horrible carb craving cycle, and have gained weight, so I decided to start the Atkins induction diet which really is the only thing that breaks the cravings for me. It's like I have to go completely cold turkey for a few days. Daily, I ate mixed green salads, 1/2 of a small avocado, a few veggies, and even a few raw carrots, although those are supposed to avoided. And of course lots of meat and protein. It's been about 5 days, and I was feeling so much better, and the cravings had totally stopped by yesterday. But this morning I woke up at 4:30 am starting to get an itchy rash along the side of both of my breasts, and I am breaking out again just like I did when I tried the GAPS intro. That time, it started on one side and spread to the other and was so intensely itchy, it was really uncomfortable, to the point of disturbing sleep.

I didn't want that to happen again, so I got up and ate an apple with sunbutter and two almond flour cookies. Maybe a little too many carbs at once, because now I feel stuffed!

But what could this be???

Do I maybe just have something that I seriously need to detox, and cutting out fruit/carbs or doing GAPS too severely just makes it happen too fast?

What else do I do to break the carb craving cycles, though, because this is a really bad pattern for me. And to figure out what is in there that my body is trying to push out.
post #39 of 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by deditus View Post
Mag works that fast for me, too. I had bad menstrual cramps week before last 'cause I ran of mag glycinate a few weeks ago so I ran all over town to find some. Popped two and aaaahhhh within 20 minutes. Bs usually take a good hour or 2 to kick in for me.
YES! This happened to me too. Mag relieved my menstrual cramping within 20 minutes also. I took a packet of Natural Calm.

A question about mag. I have started taking the Natural Calm with Calcium/Magnesium in the morning, and was going to start the plain Natural Calm at night. But now I am wondering if I maybe don't need the one with calcium at all. Is the calcium not good?
post #40 of 852
Deditus - Sorry about the tuna! Do you have anything like clay to help sop it up?
Jacqueline - wow you are industrious!! How do you make salisbury steak? I was looking at the frozen stuff the other day in the grocery store, drooling with memories of childhood
Jessica - you go, girl. Did you get a round sander, is that why you can't get the corners? Got a dremel tool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie's Mama View Post
Recap: I had to go off non-raw dairy when DD was a baby to clear up her reflux issues. We can't really tell if she reacts to it now. We thought she was when were visiting family for a week and she developed HORRIBLE blisters all over her bottom. We had her tested for true allergies and sensitivities. Allergies came back with nothing and sensitivities came back with only one severe, about 10 moderate, and a ton of milds.

So now I don't know what to do. Do I keep working on eliminating these sensitivities when I don't see any changes in her behavior or well-being from them (except for the one severe - leads to night waking), or do I say screw it and go back to feeding her the really healthy diet we had her on anyway? Ugh.
I'd still keep out the moderates for a while (probably a couple months anyway), and then add them back in one at a time to see....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisamommyRN View Post
Subbing, for the first time...
I think I'll be hanging around here alot this month- I'm a week and a half into a TED to try to resolve my poor DS2's bloody poo . I'm actually feeling mostly ok, but my mood swings according to his diapers- and they're not getting better very quickly, or consistently.
He's 11 weeks now, and my DS1 is 30 months tomorrow!
I'll be returning to work tomorrow, my DH is the SAHparent.
Nice to meet y'all!
Keeping a food journal? Have you switched out anything yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevaMajka View Post
Since I just took pictures of ds's rash, I thought I'd put them here, just in case anyone has any insight. His original rash was in the same vicinity, but not the exact place. We are almost certain his original rash was food related (strong correlation to my eating sweet potato). This rash doesn't get as bad, and I can't figure out wth it could be related to. I'm wondering if this could be something else, like a fungal infection, or if it still looks like it could be food related. He also has some lightish random bumps over his whole lower abdomen, but you can just barely see them in one of the pics.
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...y/100_5379.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...y/100_5384.jpg
That looks like the eczema rash that my dd2 used to have between her legs, which for her, was from corn.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Allergies
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Allergies › May Flowers Make Me Sneeze (and Chat!)