I started making water kefir about three weeks ago and we are really enjoying it. But in the past couple days I have been wondering if it's making us sick. DS2 threw up a few times this week and I think it has been linked to when he has had some water kefir (not much, just an ounce or two). DS1 loves it and does fine drinking a small glass. Then I was watching my neighbor's girl yesterday and she had some with DS1. Her mom called me this morning to tell me she had been throwing up all morning. I had a big glass with lunch today and have felt queasy ever since. Finally my DH asked if I thought it was the water kefir and I made all the connections. Is that what might be causing it? I love drinking it, but are we consuming too much? It smells and looks fine to me, but I'm new to this so maybe something isn't right. Or maybe we just all have a stomach thing and it has nothing to do with the kefir. Has this happened to anyone else?
post #1 of 24
5/2/10 at 12:05am