or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › January 2011 › What are YOU eating now?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What are YOU eating now? - Page 8

post #141 of 194
Thread Starter 
Early afternoon snack: A large glass of iced green tea and a fruit cup/bowl of melon and berries.

Lunch: Split cheese fondue and steamed artichoke appetizers with DF, a warm goat cheese salad, fried chicken with mashed potatoes and collard greens; crème brulée, and three-and-a-half large bottles of water. (The chicken was so beyond good - I think I may have discovered a phenomenon that can only be described as "taste bud orgasms.")

Late afternoon/early evening snack: An extra-large Orange Sensation smoothie. It consisted of blueberries, strawberries, pineapple sherbet, orange juice, and ice. I had them add a boost of echinacea. Figured it couldn't hurt.

Dinner (I cooked!): Roasted shrimp and broccoli, steamed brown rice, and freshly baked (by me!) oatmeal raisin cookies.


Wow. I better start gaining weight soon or I'm going to be one pissed off pregnant woman and I don't think New York can handle me right now.
post #142 of 194
Thread Starter 
Breakfast was a spinach and cheese strata that I prepared last night while cooking dinner and DF popped into the oven when he got up to make coffee for him and tea for me (I may or may not have ended up eating half of the casserole dish. ). We also had a huge bowl of organic strawberries that one of my friends brought us (she went berry picking at a farm yesterday). So, so good.

Now I'm having my mid-morning snack: (many) more oatmeal raisin cookies from last night and a glass of milk.
post #143 of 194
mmm, we have organic strawberries too right now! I have a recipe for strawberry shortcake cream biscuits sitting next to me...but it'll have to wait until after work!
post #144 of 194
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmiss'mama View Post
mmm, we have organic strawberries too right now! I have a recipe for strawberry shortcake cream biscuits sitting next to me...but it'll have to wait until after work!
I have a similar recipe - strawberries and dumplings topped with fresh cream. So good.

I, um, slept through lunch. So I was forced to combine lunch and my late afternoon snack.

I put on some passable clothes, wiped the sleep from my eyes, and headed the three blocks to one of my favorite places in all of Brooklyn - Bedouin Tent.

There, with the frightened eyes of the other customers upon me, I consumed the following: fresh-baked pita bread and hummus, spinach and chickpea salad, a cup of lentil soup, half a dozen or so stuffed grape leaves, the piece de la resistance - a leg of lamb sandwich on pita with onion and yummy house-made lemon mint mayo, a large slice of baklava, and several glasses of iced mint tea throughout. My bill was under $30. Don't tell me there's no value to be found in NYC.

Now that I had food in my belly to give me the energy I needed I had to go home and get dressed because an artist friend of mine just landed an awesome new gig, so a group of us were taking him out to celebrate. During said celebration I had half a dozen fresh oysters and a lobster roll with french fries.

When it got to be around 11:15-11:30 I caught a cab and headed to my DF's office to wait around for him. Then we headed to the office's usual after-work restaurant and there I had a cheesesteak sandwich, waffle fries, coleslaw, a large pickle, and pretty much nearly all of DF's best friend's dessert - an I don't know what with all different kinds of chocolate, macadamia nuts, and vanilla ice cream. In my defense, it came while he was in the bathroom and it just smelled so good.
post #145 of 194
right now - yummy yummy french toast with homemade raspberry compote/syrup (sounds a lot fancier than it is - we were out of maple syrup so I threw some frozen raspberries in a pot with some water a spoonful of berry jam and lemon zest and boiled em a few minutes). Delish!
post #146 of 194
Soup! It's 100+ degrees here, but it still sounds good. I cooked a beef soup bone in the crock for 48 hours & then added
beets
potatoes
carrots
peas
onions
garlic
summer squash
post #147 of 194
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat_canuck View Post
right now - yummy yummy french toast with homemade raspberry compote/syrup (sounds a lot fancier than it is - we were out of maple syrup so I threw some frozen raspberries in a pot with some water a spoonful of berry jam and lemon zest and boiled em a few minutes). Delish!
DF made waffles for breakfast this morning (he doesn't cook as much as I do, but for a former bachelor living in Manhattan he's got some skills ), and I ALWAYS spread mine with raspberry jam. There is almost nothing in this world that I love more than raspberry anything. With lots of butter, a little (real) maple syrup, and a very light sprinkle of powered sugar.

I had four.
post #148 of 194
I had a small bowl of dill chips (ya know, pickles) last night. Straight up. They were awesome.
post #149 of 194
I had breakfast, but after reading the last few pages...I feel like I need to go grocery shopping for many items. Glad I'm not the only one feeling extra hungry. Now that I'm done w/ being in a wedding-I'm less paranoid about the rounded belly I'm starting to get.

I am loving pickles, fruit & starches. Same as so far. Still eating most meat-wondering if it will start bothering me like last time.

I'm craving a smoothie & have nothing to make one with. Gonna have to hit up the store or try the mr smoothie up the road.
post #150 of 194
I actually came to the post for lunch ideas. Nothing sounds appealing anymore I have been living off macaroni and cheese, I got sick off so much food that now I can't eat hardly anything and I have so many food aversions, my diet is limited.

UGGGHHHH
post #151 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedfire View Post
There is almost nothing in this world that I love more than raspberry anything.
Yes, me too. I grew up with a big raspberry bush in the backyard. Delish. I may have gone to the grocery store this afternoon and bought big bag of frozen raspberries to make more syrup/sauce/compote tonight...

and in other eating and drinking news, while in the grocery store I grabbed a pint of milk and chugged it. I needed it right then, but...I don't drink milk. I haven't in years. My partner was with me and was worried about me. We've been together going on 9 years and he has NEVER seen me drink milk. Ever. ever. It totally hit the spot, though.

I must be pregnant, or something
post #152 of 194
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat_canuck View Post
I must be pregnant, or something
Maybe it's some newfangled kind of super virus. You should get that checked out. Could be dangerous.
post #153 of 194
We were out at a bar/eatery watching the Lakers trounce the Celtics (yay!)
and I ordered this sandwhich:
sliced turkey with coleslaw, some sort of dressing & cheese all together & grilled between two slices of bread. Yummy!
post #154 of 194
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmiss'mama View Post
We were out at a bar/eatery watching the Lakers trounce the Celtics (yay!)
Boo!

Back on topic now . . .

I cooked again tonight: macaroni and cheese (from scratch, one of my specialties) and a huge bowl of sauteed broccoli.

I'm thinking of having another ice cream cookie sandwich for dessert.
post #155 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedfire View Post
I have a similar recipe - strawberries and dumplings topped with fresh cream. So good.

I, um, slept through lunch. So I was forced to combine lunch and my late afternoon snack.

I put on some passable clothes, wiped the sleep from my eyes, and headed the three blocks to one of my favorite places in all of Brooklyn - Bedouin Tent.

There, with the frightened eyes of the other customers upon me, I consumed the following: fresh-baked pita bread and hummus, spinach and chickpea salad, a cup of lentil soup, half a dozen or so stuffed grape leaves, the piece de la resistance - a leg of lamb sandwich on pita with onion and yummy house-made lemon mint mayo, a large slice of baklava, and several glasses of iced mint tea throughout. My bill was under $30. Don't tell me there's no value to be found in NYC.

Now that I had food in my belly to give me the energy I needed I had to go home and get dressed because an artist friend of mine just landed an awesome new gig, so a group of us were taking him out to celebrate. During said celebration I had half a dozen fresh oysters and a lobster roll with french fries.

When it got to be around 11:15-11:30 I caught a cab and headed to my DF's office to wait around for him. Then we headed to the office's usual after-work restaurant and there I had a cheesesteak sandwich, waffle fries, coleslaw, a large pickle, and pretty much nearly all of DF's best friend's dessert - an I don't know what with all different kinds of chocolate, macadamia nuts, and vanilla ice cream. In my defense, it came while he was in the bathroom and it just smelled so good.
I am amazed that you can eat that much. Nothing sounds good to me right now, but what you're eating sounds awesome.I think you may have to start posting recipes I just pick at my food and only eat small amounts at a time. I had a much bigger appetite with DS, and I'm surprised that I've managed to gain 5 pounds, even without eating a lot.
post #156 of 194
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaMoo View Post
I am amazed that you can eat that much. Nothing sounds good to me right now, but what you're eating sounds awesome.I think you may have to start posting recipes I just pick at my food and only eat small amounts at a time. I had a much bigger appetite with DS, and I'm surprised that I've managed to gain 5 pounds, even without eating a lot.
I have an under-active thyroid and a whole host of other medical problems, so gaining and - more importantly - keeping on weight are always a struggle for me. Also, because of this I've been able to out eat both my 6' 4", 200 pound much older brothers since I was a teenager. "Full" is not something I've ever really experienced.

I started out this pregnancy under where I like to be and morning sickness then a restricted-diet because of a pretty severe kidney infection sent me down into the low 90's. I've finally managed to gain some weight - a whole three pounds! I literally did a dance when I found that out and I'm completely serious about the parade once I break 100.


Okay! this morning's breakfast included poached eggs (extra soft) on buttered multigrain toast with salt and pepper, bacon, sweet potato pureed with almond butter, and a extra-cold glass of milk.

I've started this whole (stupid) "eat healthy" thing. We'll see how long it lasts.


ETA: Everything in my previous post were things I ordered at restaurants, but I do like to cook a lot so if anyone ever wants the recipe for something that I made myself I'm more than willing to share.
post #157 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedfire View Post

I cooked again tonight: macaroni and cheese (from scratch, one of my specialties) and a huge bowl of sauteed broccoli.

I'm thinking of having another ice cream cookie sandwich for dessert.
Love homemade mac & cheese!
post #158 of 194
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmiss'mama View Post
Love homemade mac & cheese!
Oh, yeah. I'm totally planning on having more for lunch.

ETA: Oh, and I did end up having ice cream cookie sandwich for dessert. Sadly, that was the last of the oatmeal raisin cookies.
post #159 of 194
Thread Starter 
Snack: Pretty much the entire bunch of red grapes that I stuck in the freezer.

Lunch: Leftover macaroni and cheese with a salad of fresh greens, thin apple slices, gorgonzola, and walnuts.

Snack #2: Sea salt crackers and a bottle of ginger ale.

Dinner: Turkey meatballs with tomato sauce and spaghetti noodles, steamed peas, and garlic bread.

Snack the Third: Peanut-butter filled pretzels from Trader Joe's (they're like crack, I swear) and a glass of milk.

Now: The rest of the pretzels.
post #160 of 194
I have a question for you ladies, since you sparked my love for tuna casserole last week. What 'rules' are you following for eating tuna (and other fish) during pregnancy? I've had maybe 4 servings of casserole this week. It's hard to tell how much tuna is in each serving because of the pasta and such. Not sure if I'm overdoing it.

I hope not, cause I'm hungry, and I really want some more. It's such a good protein, and the Omega vitamins make me feel good afterward.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: January 2011
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › January 2011 › What are YOU eating now?