or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › April 2010 › Happy Mother's Day On the Island! Week of May 9
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Happy Mother's Day On the Island! Week of May 9 - Page 5

post #81 of 102
LNF I was so sorry to read your birth story. After all you have been through I was so hoping and praying for an uncomplicated, easy, peaceful birth for you. We were in the NICU with our first, also a home birth transfer after a relatively short and intense labor. It totally sucks, and pumping should have its own special level of hell.

Sending prayers and healing energy your way. I hope that you and Mercy are home soon.
post #82 of 102
LNF - More prayers from my corner of the world.
post #83 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post
I just have no freaking idea what happened with that labor. I know normal labor. This is my 5th birth. I know pitocin induced labor, precipitous labor, 11 lb baby delivery pain. This was the worst pain I have ever had in my entire life, and something was absolutely wrong.

I spent 30 minutes with contractions pretty much never letting up long enough for Mercy to recover between them, and I had my husband get the bath going really fast so that we could knock those contractions out because they were absolutely too strong and they scared me. I don't ever shriek or scream during labor.

So, 30 minutes of tetanic, unrelenting contractions followed by 15 minutes trying not to push. 1st assistant got there as we were crowning, MW got there as head was out, resolved a mild shoulder dystocia, Apgars at 3, 5, 7. We thought she was just stunned and needed more time to come around, and she did start pinking up and was looking around and then stopped breathing at about 2 hours old. MW and assistant resuscitated her, we transferred to the hospital via ambulance, transferred to another hospital and that's where we're at right now.

As of 3am, she's down to room air levels of oxygenation on the vent, but the issue is more how much crud she has in her lungs. She's getting stuff needing to be suctioned not too infrequently.

you and your fam and your precious little babe are in my prayers!
post #84 of 102
Anybody use Master Gland Formula to help bring on labor? My midiwfe suggested that I try it. She said it's hormone/gland support and can help get things going or keep things going if labor stalls. I have a small supply and am going to take it every 2 waking hours starting in the morning per mw's recommendation. Just wondering if anyone BTDT.
post #85 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspook View Post
Anybody use Master Gland Formula to help bring on labor? My midiwfe suggested that I try it. She said it's hormone/gland support and can help get things going or keep things going if labor stalls. I have a small supply and am going to take it every 2 waking hours starting in the morning per mw's recommendation. Just wondering if anyone BTDT.

I've never heard of it Sliverspook. Maybe somebody on the general pregnancy board?

Who's left here anyway? Has Silverspook won?
post #86 of 102
I think that if nobody else posts to say they're still here in the next 24 hours that they're not that motivated, and that silverspook should win the stool.
post #87 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiOrion View Post
I think that if nobody else posts to say they're still here in the next 24 hours that they're not that motivated, and that silverspook should win the stool.
Totally agreed! 23 hours left.......

This is fun! We're down to the wire!
post #88 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
Totally agreed! 23 hours left.......

This is fun! We're down to the wire!
I am most definitely still a contender. Time
will tell if I'm the only one...tick tock!

I started the master gland this morning...nothing yet! I do feel
more 'balanced' though so I am getting some benefts even if it doesn't bring on labor.
post #89 of 102
shall we call it?
post #90 of 102
Still here. Although I think I'm packing my bags!
post #91 of 102
Congrats! I feel as though loveneverfails should be the one to officially announce the winner, but she is preoccupied. But I think the stool is yours!

So... you've got the stool. Now, use it already!
post #92 of 102
Congrats to silverspook, the winner of the birthing stool! GO HAVE YOUR BABY! YOU WON ALREADY!

And congrats to our runner-up, loveneverfails, whose daughter Mercy will never live down the guilt of making her mom lose the glorious birthing stool by a hair.
post #93 of 102
crashing from June, but wanted to say gratz to all the mammas here and a HUGE thanx for all the laughs
post #94 of 102
*Takes a bow* Thank you, thank you. I can't say that I'm happy to be the LAST FREAKING PREGO STANDING on this darn island, but at least I have a shiny new stool to show for it, right?

I am packing my bags and looking for the helicopter as I type though. I think the Master Gland is working! Mild contrax started last night & picked up when I got up this morning. They are about 10 mins apart and not grit-your-teeth strong yet, but I'm having lots and lots of pressure with each one. They picked up when DS was napping and have slowed a bit now that he's awake, so I hope things will really get rolling when he goes to bed.
post #95 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspook View Post
*Takes a bow* Thank you, thank you. I can't say that I'm happy to be the LAST FREAKING PREGO STANDING on this darn island, but at least I have a shiny new stool to show for it, right?

I am packing my bags and looking for the helicopter as I type though. I think the Master Gland is working! Mild contrax started last night & picked up when I got up this morning. They are about 10 mins apart and not grit-your-teeth strong yet, but I'm having lots and lots of pressure with each one. They picked up when DS was napping and have slowed a bit now that he's awake, so I hope things will really get rolling when he goes to bed.
Go Silverspook Go

Can't wait to hear about our last baby being born here
post #96 of 102
i can't wait to go tell the may ddc that we're finally done over here in april!
post #97 of 102


Congrats on all counts Silverspook!
post #98 of 102
Contractions got really intense last night, then they were sporadic throughout the night and are non-existant this morning. I'm losing faith.
post #99 of 102
well, you need to have this baby by tomorrow or you're going to have to start this weekly thread and talk to yourself!!

(in seriousness, we could probably go back to one weekly thread)
post #100 of 102
congrats on winning the birthing stool and sending out lots of birthing energy so you can use it super soon!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: April 2010
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › April 2010 › Happy Mother's Day On the Island! Week of May 9