- 1,965 Posts. Joined 7/2006
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryFood Items
Related Forum Threads
- Play kitchen for 9 yo DD? Last post on 9/5/12 at 3:03pm in The Childhood Years
- Possible food allergy...help! Last post on 6/5/11 at 3:47pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
- 1 y/o birthday "cake"...what to do? Last post on 1/18/11 at 6:42pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
- Protein snacks? Last post on 1/20/11 at 12:04pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
A few of my (current) favorite things:
Edited on 3/19/13
- chicken, littleEdited on 3/15/13
- feel like making quinoa!Edited on 3/15/13
- Another Reason to Feed Your Kids Organic Food (be forewarned: this...Edited on 3/8/13
- Are Your Kids Eating Secretions From the Anal Glands of Beavers?Edited on 3/13/13
baked bean recipes?post #1 of 45/19/10 at 5:34pmThread Startercan I make home made baked beans tf style?post #2 of 45/19/10 at 6:05pmsure you can. and you can adapt pretty much any recipe you want.
Soak the beans.
Use extra molasses and if you want it sweeter than the molasses will make it, add some maple syrup or sucanat or palm sugar.
Either use a ketchup without corn syrup, or use tomato paste and more spices
Instead of water, use chicken or beef stock.
Add some fat, either bacon and some of it's fat, or some beef or chicken.
You'll want lots of salt and acid, because beans absorb them a lot, so you have to add lots to get vibrant flavor.post #3 of 412/20/10 at 6:37am
Reviving this because Magelet, what counts as acid? Would you put in some vinegar? And how much? And if I don't have schmatlz or tallow around, what should I use for fat?
I have my beans ready to go but I was rereading the NT recipe and I don't have over half the ingredients :opost #4 of 412/20/10 at 7:59amI make my baked beans w the honey baked lentils recipe. I use navy beans instead of lentils, cook them first, drain them and go from there (leave out the water). Its also really good using maple syrup and molasses instead of honey.
To make them TF, you just have to soak them first.
- baked bean recipes?
- chicken, little
- › 11 year old daughter has diapers 1 minute ago
- › Roll Call! 2 minutes ago
- › I am only five days past my due date. I would really like to... 3 minutes ago
- › 4 1/2 year old staying in bed 4 minutes ago
- › Dark haired ladies, I need your advice 5 minutes ago
- › DH has much less patience 6 minutes ago
- › Single and homeschooling? 6 minutes ago
- › Schooling for my 4 yr old autistic angel 6 minutes ago
- › Win a Complete Homeschool Curriculum from Oak Meadow!! 11 minutes ago
- › Need car seat for tall 4 year old 18 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo