or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Life With a Baby › Feb 2010 DDC May chat thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Feb 2010 DDC May chat thread! - Page 5

post #81 of 107
I probably use the toilet half the time with the baby. Either because I'm wearing her or because I have to keep her safe from her brother.
post #82 of 107
Juju isn't doing much in the way of consonant sounds; she is doing more operatic singing. But she does have conversations with me, pausing for my responses and smiling. LOVE IT!
post #83 of 107
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole730 View Post
I probably use the toilet half the time with the baby. Either because I'm wearing her or because I have to keep her safe from her brother.
Only thing that bothers me about peeing while babywearing--the looks I get when I exit a public toilet with him still on!
What am I supposed to do, though? We don't even use the infant seat anymore at all--he's happier in the convertible, so it's not like I can drag him around in that, even if I wanted to.
post #84 of 107
I've done the peeing while babywearing - it takes some practice though and I don't do it at home, only when we're out. I am still using the infant carrier - he's got another 2" before he's too tall and then we'll have to invest in a convertible seat. It's a tossup as to whether I wear or use the carseat when we're out - if it's a longer trip out I often wear him unless he fell asleep in the car, but if it's just run in and out I just stick with the seat.

I did get this cute pic of him in the mei tai on Saturday:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1713670_n.jpg
post #85 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleS View Post
I've done the peeing while babywearing - it takes some practice though and I don't do it at home, only when we're out. I am still using the infant carrier - he's got another 2" before he's too tall and then we'll have to invest in a convertible seat. It's a tossup as to whether I wear or use the carseat when we're out - if it's a longer trip out I often wear him unless he fell asleep in the car, but if it's just run in and out I just stick with the seat.

I did get this cute pic of him in the mei tai on Saturday:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1713670_n.jpg
adorable!!!
post #86 of 107
hes a cutie!
post #87 of 107
Ben started out with the usual ah-goohs and gurgles. Right now he's yodeling... He makes a continuous sound that goes up and down in pitch. It's funny. He also says something that sounds just like "oh yeah!"
post #88 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by linchi View Post
I'm slightly worried about the beach? We'll be spending lots of time there too! How are you guys planning to hang out? Obviously this year won't be the year for a killer tan. I assume I be nursing a lot in the shade. We bought a sun hat. How do you plan on protecting baby skin from the sun???
I'm very pale skinned and can burn in winter walking from a building to the car (no joke) so I'm being extra careful on the beach with him.

Clothes: long sleeved rash guard swim shirt, swim trunks to his knees, and a sun hat
Other precautions: a water sling that supposedly blocks the same as SPF 30, a beach umbrella or tent, going only in the morning or evening
post #89 of 107
Is it horrible that I don't overly worry about Caleb in the sun? Or any of my kids really. I just have the boys wear hats (for their bald heads) and try to avoid being out at midday, but I really only worry about sunscreen if we are going to be outside all day...just an hour at the playground I don't.
post #90 of 107
L
post #91 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleS View Post
Is it horrible that I don't overly worry about Caleb in the sun? Or any of my kids really. I just have the boys wear hats (for their bald heads) and try to avoid being out at midday, but I really only worry about sunscreen if we are going to be outside all day...just an hour at the playground I don't.
I don't worry too much either. My kids do wear sunhats though, they have super thin barely there hair. If we are going to be out for hours or at the beach or something they get sunscreen. Our yard is mostly shaded, so I figure it's not direct sunlight all day. DS has never gotten burned using this method (knock on wood). I keep DD in the shade or on me mostly covered. I did put some sunscreen on her legs the other day because she likes to let them dangle now.
post #92 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiLeigh View Post
Only thing that bothers me about peeing while babywearing--the looks I get when I exit a public toilet with him still on!
What am I supposed to do, though? We don't even use the infant seat anymore at all--he's happier in the convertible, so it's not like I can drag him around in that, even if I wanted to.
I just smile at the people who see me come out of the stall with a baby on my front and a toddler holding my hand. Fun times I don't use the infant seat at all, way too hard to hold that and keep track of a two year old.
post #93 of 107
I think when you have a baby, no matter what you do- people in general think it is their right to give you lots of opinions on what you sohuld or should not do! y'know?! So I think we have to just smile and nod and then do what we were gonna do anyway, or something
post #94 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleS View Post
I've done the peeing while babywearing - it takes some practice though and I don't do it at home, only when we're out. I am still using the infant carrier - he's got another 2" before he's too tall and then we'll have to invest in a convertible seat. It's a tossup as to whether I wear or use the carseat when we're out - if it's a longer trip out I often wear him unless he fell asleep in the car, but if it's just run in and out I just stick with the seat.

I did get this cute pic of him in the mei tai on Saturday:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1713670_n.jpg
So sweet!!
post #95 of 107
AF returned for me yesterday and I feel like a$$. I'm just starting to workout again and get into a groove and then this happens and I feel super unmotivated today.

W is going through a BIG growth spurt right now. He'll be 3 months on Thursday and is going back to having his 'witching hour' in the evening and just eating like crazy - every 2 instead of his every 3-4 like before. And this all just started Saturday evening.
post #96 of 107
Malachi rolled back to front on purpose today. He has been partially rolling/accidentally rolling for a while now. He would try it, then get distracted and just do something else. Today, just rolled back to front, moved his arm out of the way and acted like this is totally what he does every day. Now if he could just do front to back he wouldn't be so frustrated stuck on his belly. Isn't that supposed to be the easier one? Silly baby.
post #97 of 107
Caleb has the same problem. He rolls all the way over, looks around for a few minutes, and then gets peeved that he can't roll back. But if I put something next to him so he can't roll over (he always rolls one way) he gets peeved to.
post #98 of 107
My mom put DD on her stomach today and she rolled front to back for the first time. I haven't put her on her stomach in weeks...apparently she wants to roll!
post #99 of 107
DD must be growing or something. Marathon/frequent nursing sessions and lots of sleeping.
post #100 of 107
I was totally resisting "tummy time" with my baby even though many people said I "Had" to do it! then today I got together w- someother babies and they all did well on their bellies and so I am finally gonna do that with my baby! Little bit at a time. He is also strarting to roll a bit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Life With a Baby
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Life With a Baby › Feb 2010 DDC May chat thread!