- 379 Posts. Joined 9/2006
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- 11 yo wants to make lip gloss Last post on 12/14/10 at 5:49am in Natural Body Care
- Anyone try Jean's stretch mark cure? Last post on 5/18/13 at 8:07am in Natural Body Care
- How to avoid Emulsifying Wax...anyone have advice on using xanthum gum and sunflower lecithin in... Last post on 5/9/13 at 2:19pm in Natural Body Care
- Garlic Deodorant? :) Last post on 5/15/13 at 6:46pm in Natural Body Care
- Managing toddler curls Last post on Today at 11:07 am in Natural Body Care
any luck with nail polish?
The regular kind doesn't stay on that great either, compared to regular nail polish, but it just means you would have to touch it up and/or re-apply more often. It was nice that there was practically no smell at all.
I also have a bottle of 'No Miss', which I had bought at my local HFS, which is labelled as toulene and formeldahyde free, but there is still the distinct nail polish smell. It does work really well and stays on for a long timie. It isn't listed on the skindeep website, but I've just input the ingredients from the No Miss site: http://www.nomiss.com/nailpolish.html and the skindeep site rated it as a conditional '2'.
FWIW, I only ever use nail polish on my toes and not my fingers, so they are not constantly being washed 20 times a day like they would be for hands.
ETA - I'm not sure if the ingredients listed on the No Miss site and complete, or only the 'new and improved' ingredients - it seems vague to me.
I'm thinking about trying a bottle of Polished Mama Nail Enamel since my dd is obsessed with all things girly and desperately wants her toe nails painted.
I use Sula Paint and Peel. I really love the colors. It basically smells like elmer's glue, goes on like elmer's glue and comes off like glue. It doesn't really last more than a day without starting to peel, though. But I just touch it up and within a couple of days I'm peeling it anyway, it's too tempting.
I second the peel kind of polish for kids, too.
Actuallly, the following nail polishes are and can be purchased at the drug store and no animal testing Big 3 Free, No Formaldehyde Resin, No Camphor – Revlon and Sinful Colors (at Walgreen's and some CVS). Zoya is available online and at select hair/nail salons.
Other nails polishes Big 3 Free, No Formaldehyde Resin are Wet and Wild, NYC Colors, Nailtini (except Vodka), and Orly.
The difference with Honeybee Gardens and Suncoat is water based and no Ethyl Acetate.
- any luck with nail polish?
- › What's for dinner girls? 43 seconds ago
- › Queer, Pregnant, & Parenting - April & May 2013! 1 minute ago
- › first diapers 3 minutes ago
- › Cord cutting 4 minutes ago
- › The Belly Thread! 5 minutes ago
- › How are you feeling? 5 minutes ago
- › Best (or worst) comments made so far? 7 minutes ago
- › How are you feeling? 7 minutes ago
- › weekly thread May 20-26 7 minutes ago
- › ~Weekly Chat Thread for May 17th-May 23~ 9 minutes ago
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo