Related Forum Threads
- 11 yo wants to make lip gloss Last post on 12/14/10 at 5:49am in Natural Body Care
- Have you ever sneezed or coughed and farted simultaneously? Last post on 11/25/13 at 1:11pm in I'm Pregnant
- What's hot in menstrual cups these days? Last post on 11/17/13 at 8:12pm in Natural Body Care
- Diva Cup - I must be doing something wrong. Last post on 12/6/13 at 7:00am in Natural Body Care
- Essential Oil Brands? I am so confused... Last post on 10/24/13 at 9:12am in Natural Body Care
any luck with nail polish?
The regular kind doesn't stay on that great either, compared to regular nail polish, but it just means you would have to touch it up and/or re-apply more often. It was nice that there was practically no smell at all.
I also have a bottle of 'No Miss', which I had bought at my local HFS, which is labelled as toulene and formeldahyde free, but there is still the distinct nail polish smell. It does work really well and stays on for a long timie. It isn't listed on the skindeep website, but I've just input the ingredients from the No Miss site: http://www.nomiss.com/nailpolish.html and the skindeep site rated it as a conditional '2'.
FWIW, I only ever use nail polish on my toes and not my fingers, so they are not constantly being washed 20 times a day like they would be for hands.
ETA - I'm not sure if the ingredients listed on the No Miss site and complete, or only the 'new and improved' ingredients - it seems vague to me.
I'm thinking about trying a bottle of Polished Mama Nail Enamel since my dd is obsessed with all things girly and desperately wants her toe nails painted.
I use Sula Paint and Peel. I really love the colors. It basically smells like elmer's glue, goes on like elmer's glue and comes off like glue. It doesn't really last more than a day without starting to peel, though. But I just touch it up and within a couple of days I'm peeling it anyway, it's too tempting.
I second the peel kind of polish for kids, too.
Actuallly, the following nail polishes are and can be purchased at the drug store and no animal testing Big 3 Free, No Formaldehyde Resin, No Camphor – Revlon and Sinful Colors (at Walgreen's and some CVS). Zoya is available online and at select hair/nail salons.
Other nails polishes Big 3 Free, No Formaldehyde Resin are Wet and Wild, NYC Colors, Nailtini (except Vodka), and Orly.
The difference with Honeybee Gardens and Suncoat is water based and no Ethyl Acetate.
- › Husband terrified of home birth 1 minute ago
- › Overall immaturity and dyspraxia 1 minute ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 3 minutes ago
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Brewers Diet 7 minutes ago
- › Bring newborn to Polar Bear swim? 7 minutes ago
- › Latecomer to this club 7 minutes ago
- › Taste of minimally processed milk? 8 minutes ago
- › Salutations! TTC for the 1st Time. Get to know you thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Anyone else opting to take progesterone? 10 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh