- 384 Posts. Joined 9/2006
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- 11 yo wants to make lip gloss Last post on 12/14/10 at 5:49am in Natural Body Care
- Switch Stores for $1 - Green Products We All Use Regularly Last post on Yesterday at 2:01 pm in Natural Body Care
- Don't miss our bath and skin care reviews contest! Last post on Yesterday at 11:02 am in Natural Body Care
- Shaving set for DH Last post on 6/6/13 at 11:56am in Natural Body Care
- Best bug repellent and sun screen for kids? Last post on 6/11/13 at 1:19pm in Natural Body Care
any luck with nail polish?
The regular kind doesn't stay on that great either, compared to regular nail polish, but it just means you would have to touch it up and/or re-apply more often. It was nice that there was practically no smell at all.
I also have a bottle of 'No Miss', which I had bought at my local HFS, which is labelled as toulene and formeldahyde free, but there is still the distinct nail polish smell. It does work really well and stays on for a long timie. It isn't listed on the skindeep website, but I've just input the ingredients from the No Miss site: http://www.nomiss.com/nailpolish.html and the skindeep site rated it as a conditional '2'.
FWIW, I only ever use nail polish on my toes and not my fingers, so they are not constantly being washed 20 times a day like they would be for hands.
ETA - I'm not sure if the ingredients listed on the No Miss site and complete, or only the 'new and improved' ingredients - it seems vague to me.
I'm thinking about trying a bottle of Polished Mama Nail Enamel since my dd is obsessed with all things girly and desperately wants her toe nails painted.
I use Sula Paint and Peel. I really love the colors. It basically smells like elmer's glue, goes on like elmer's glue and comes off like glue. It doesn't really last more than a day without starting to peel, though. But I just touch it up and within a couple of days I'm peeling it anyway, it's too tempting.
I second the peel kind of polish for kids, too.
Actuallly, the following nail polishes are and can be purchased at the drug store and no animal testing Big 3 Free, No Formaldehyde Resin, No Camphor – Revlon and Sinful Colors (at Walgreen's and some CVS). Zoya is available online and at select hair/nail salons.
Other nails polishes Big 3 Free, No Formaldehyde Resin are Wet and Wild, NYC Colors, Nailtini (except Vodka), and Orly.
The difference with Honeybee Gardens and Suncoat is water based and no Ethyl Acetate.
- › Queer Conceptions: June 2013 just now
- › Force it or Roll with it?? New sibbling issues 4 seconds ago
- › Need advice about my son becoming an Architect 22 seconds ago
- › how is everyone feeling? 1 minute ago
- › June chat thread 1 minute ago
- › I need advice please. What made you feel comfortable with deciding... 2 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant, & Parenting - April, May & June 2013! 6 minutes ago
- › ASD anxiety 7 minutes ago
- › tips for reflux-y babies? 9 minutes ago
- › ~Weekly Chat Thread for June 15th-21st~ 13 minutes ago
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by glassesgirlnj
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by fayebond
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama