Related Forum Threads
- 11 yo wants to make lip gloss Last post on 12/14/10 at 5:49am in Natural Body Care
- At what point do you decide natural remedies aren't working? Last post on 3/6/14 at 7:07am in Natural Body Care
- Natural Deodorant - Aluminum free - No Hydrogenated Oils - No Parabens Last post on 3/4/14 at 3:22pm in Natural Body Care
- Supplements for osteoarthritis? Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:26am in Natural Body Care
- Do you wash your face daily? Last post on 3/6/14 at 7:14am in Natural Body Care
any luck with nail polish?
The regular kind doesn't stay on that great either, compared to regular nail polish, but it just means you would have to touch it up and/or re-apply more often. It was nice that there was practically no smell at all.
I also have a bottle of 'No Miss', which I had bought at my local HFS, which is labelled as toulene and formeldahyde free, but there is still the distinct nail polish smell. It does work really well and stays on for a long timie. It isn't listed on the skindeep website, but I've just input the ingredients from the No Miss site: http://www.nomiss.com/nailpolish.html and the skindeep site rated it as a conditional '2'.
FWIW, I only ever use nail polish on my toes and not my fingers, so they are not constantly being washed 20 times a day like they would be for hands.
ETA - I'm not sure if the ingredients listed on the No Miss site and complete, or only the 'new and improved' ingredients - it seems vague to me.
I'm thinking about trying a bottle of Polished Mama Nail Enamel since my dd is obsessed with all things girly and desperately wants her toe nails painted.
I use Sula Paint and Peel. I really love the colors. It basically smells like elmer's glue, goes on like elmer's glue and comes off like glue. It doesn't really last more than a day without starting to peel, though. But I just touch it up and within a couple of days I'm peeling it anyway, it's too tempting.
I second the peel kind of polish for kids, too.
Actuallly, the following nail polishes are and can be purchased at the drug store and no animal testing Big 3 Free, No Formaldehyde Resin, No Camphor – Revlon and Sinful Colors (at Walgreen's and some CVS). Zoya is available online and at select hair/nail salons.
Other nails polishes Big 3 Free, No Formaldehyde Resin are Wet and Wild, NYC Colors, Nailtini (except Vodka), and Orly.
The difference with Honeybee Gardens and Suncoat is water based and no Ethyl Acetate.
- › personailty conflict 7 seconds ago
- › Totally OT Good News!!! 51 minutes ago
- › Wanting But Waiting 2014 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › 16 weeks pregnant and thinking of getting a young dog. Am I crazy? 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › Little Girls Growing Up- Whats to much and whats ok 2 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Sodium Ascorbate 2 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › Water birth in Michigan? 2 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Article on America's Breast Fetish :-) 2 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › 4 yr old just dignosed with Celiac's--Can our 11 month old be GF... 3 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › Finally decided 3 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher