The night passed here, and still no baby for me.
I slept well, and woke up feeling no different than i have for the past 12days of waiting. Had an appt today with one of the "scare tactic'" OBs who asked me all kinds of questions about how I plan to handle any "potential complications" with my planned UC. Y'all should have seen the look on his face when I discusssed my plans to consume placenta and birth in water!!! rofl!!! If he's 5yrs older than me it would be a shocker; he is just so "out of med school" in his ways of thinking it is unreal! At their office they think today is my due date, so Im just letting them go ahead and think whatever they want, no skin off my nose, and buys me plenty of time lol. I already got the induction talk, which they pretty much insist upon at 41.5 weeks along (hahah, Im already there boys!!) as well as the BPP's and NST's. I just said "I'll be refusing any interventions until I have made it to 42 weeks, and at that point we can discuss things again". I was told again how the "hospital is the safest place to have a baby" and I replied with "I respectfully disagree with your opinion and would be more than happy to show you some research if you're interested". That quickly ended the discussion on that subject. He made sure to let me know that I could feel free to come to the hospital any time I wanted during labor, and that with this being my 7th I should be aware of PPH. (DUH, why do you think I talked about eating placenta???!!!) *Sigh* I advocated well for myself I think and didnt let anything phase me at all.
So..... on to the cervical check. I was offered and declined a membrane sweep. I had a moment when I really wanted to say "yes", but Im working really hard at letting things happen in their own time. My cervix has shortrened to 1 1/2cm in length, I am 3cm dilated and LO is at -1 station, not posterioir, but he couldnt say for sure whether LOA or ROA. He guesses her weight to be about 6lbs which is what Ive been thinking as well. He also told me that his "predictions" are that I will give birth sometime this weekend. Since Mother Moon has 2 more days of magick left, maybe that's true. I am hoping. No ctx to report even after the cervix check, well some of what I call the "fake ones", but Im ok with that. Im going to enjoy the time Ive got left before she arrives. (Im starting to feel a little, ok a lot, nervous about labor; hoping I can handle it again, scared of it being "too much" even tho I know I will be ok. So maybe Im getting there. I need to work on letting go of the fear)
Hope the moon shines over us all! Luck and Love Mamas!