or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › ~*~June Pagan Families Circle~*~
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

~*~June Pagan Families Circle~*~

post #1 of 727
Thread Starter 
Hey mamas.. it's JUNE!

Today was our first day of winter (as I shared on fb it was 70F with a low of about 43F) Some winter eh? Won't get a great deal colder than that at all for us... down to about 60 on our coolest days... and a few degrees colder at night, with the odd really chilly night dipping to 3-4F.

I'm sure it's feeling rather summery for most of y'all so I thought I'd share a few cool breezes from down under
post #2 of 727
That's about like my weather here, now Cari.

This month kick's off our busy summer. This June we have 7 birthdays (family or close friends) I'll run a marathon, and there's Father's day, and the Solstice.
This weekend I didn't go online at all. But dh and I did get more home projects done. We stained the concrete patio outside and I washed windows. Cleaning the windows has been on my list for many moons.
post #3 of 727
It's June!!!

I rather like June, probably A) my allergies die down a bit, B) it's my birthday month & C) school gets out so mornings are a bit less, um hectic.

Hope everyone is well.

I am having a meh day. My body can't decide it's sick or not, been on the edge for a week or so and getting tired of feeling just a bit off but not really sick either. You know?
post #4 of 727
June.....I want to love June...I love the long days but hate the sweltering humidity that pops in and out only to stay for July and hate that the mosquitoes are now out in full force meaning you get munched on day and night

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
How do they test for that? Someone mentioned that I may have it but I never got the chance to ask more.
I did a 24 hour saliva test...it is supposed to be the best test for accurately measuring your cortisol levels as you collect at different points throughout the day. My doctor ordered it but there are some available that you can order yourself if you cant find a doctor willing to do it (I go to a homeopathic doctor who has a naturopath and two nurse practitioners working for him)
post #5 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Hey mamas.. it's JUNE!

Today was our first day of winter (as I shared on fb it was 70F with a low of about 43F) Some winter eh? Won't get a great deal colder than that at all for us... down to about 60 on our coolest days... and a few degrees colder at night, with the odd really chilly night dipping to 3-4F.

I'm sure it's feeling rather summery for most of y'all so I thought I'd share a few cool breezes from down under
Oh, 70's sounds delightful. It's going to hit 100 this week here in tx, and was fully in the upper 90's last week. oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
That's about like my weather here, now Cari.

This month kick's off our busy summer. This June we have 7 birthdays (family or close friends) I'll run a marathon, and there's Father's day, and the Solstice.
This weekend I didn't go online at all. But dh and I did get more home projects done. We stained the concrete patio outside and I washed windows. Cleaning the windows has been on my list for many moons.
What a busy month you have planned! Yay for cleaning, I love that stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post
It's June!!!

I rather like June, probably A) my allergies die down a bit, B) it's my birthday month & C) school gets out so mornings are a bit less, um hectic.

Hope everyone is well.

I am having a meh day. My body can't decide it's sick or not, been on the edge for a week or so and getting tired of feeling just a bit off but not really sick either. You know?
My allergies have been worse. glad yours die down this month!
And, the meh, sortof sickie feeling is what I suffer from with allergies sometimes. When Iget like that, I wish I would just GET sick so I can sit at home and get over it.


Can't believe I basically kept up with last month's thread.

Getting my hair done today. A trim and going way blonde. I took a break from coloring my hair for a couple years and then went back with cobalt blue streaks a couple months ago. Was so fun, but now that I have to work more sedate jobs I can't do the crazy. Was going to do WHITE white, but I am just going to go super champagne instead. Summer fun things! If we have time dd will trim her hair and get more hot pink put in. (I have a good longtime friend that does our hair, btw. I am not magically able to afford long days at hair salons, lol)

What's everyones Solstice plans? I will still be in Puerto Vallarte. So may not do anything special til I get home.
post #6 of 727
subbing
post #7 of 727
I can't believe its June already....wow. This year is going by way to fast.
post #8 of 727


June... busy month!

This Friday will be a very full day! It's our annual End-of-the Year HS picnic with cooperative olympiads(till 4 - one hour drive from home), I have my last Yoga class(at 4:45 - 20 minutes from home on the other side, supposed to end at 6) and we got a call last night announcing that DH will receive his Firefighter certificate on Friday night! (at 7) I'll probably leave the kids at the picnic for DH to pick-up after work and will make sure to leave the class on time to be able to refresh myself a little before attending the ceremony.


There was not enough rain to make a difference... I sure hope people wake up and start respecting the Earth (and the open fire interdiction).
post #9 of 727
hey ladies. lurking again. lol.

this month is my son's bday. the 21st. my solstice baby. he will be 15.
post #10 of 727
subbing, and need to catch up on everything once I get this project done (today!!) !
post #11 of 727
geeze. i forgot it was june. lol

h
post #12 of 727
June already?

I dealt with some very ignorant people today at the store. They laughed at my hair, then laughed at dd's hair, then laughed at my ds's hair. Dh went to his interview and they LOVED him. There are only 10 open spots. So we'll know by Thursday or Friday if he is in.

Tomorrow is the first ultrasound and we'll finally see the baby. After that I have to head for bloodwork and my 1 hour GTT. After that, I don't know. Last night was awful for me. I ate a hotdog and it decided it didn't want to be apart of my body so I puked. I haven't had issues until I ate that.

This morning I woke up and went to take a shower. The heat from the shower with the combo of not having food in me or anything to drink and I blacked out. Never have before.

I'm still not feeling well, but it's slowly getting better.
post #13 of 727
are you getting enough protein?? I'm worried about you taking a GTT if you're passing out. Talk to your midwife about other options. There are meal plans, where you can test your sugar at home every few hours. They're not only a little more convenient, but better for you. That glucola is icky!

If you do the glucola, take someone to drive for you.
post #14 of 727
I thought I was. I tried not to take my twice a day dose of iron yesterday and that's when I got sick.

My midwife wants me to eat a high protein snack before my GTT. I wish someone could take me. Dh is coming with me with the kids, but he doesn't know how to drive so I'm usually the one that takes myself places.

I should be okay as long as I eat something. Though if the kids aren't in the mood to wake up that early to go with me, then I'll be going alone.
post #15 of 727
Even if he can't drive, he should go with you, in the 'worst case' he can stop the car.
post #16 of 727
Quick question: In your experience, can hives and fever be correlated? DS woke up at 2 am with a really hot fever (I didn't check actual temp). I gave him some Tylenol since he wasn't going back to sleep after an hour and no cooling. I checked him again at 9 am and we was really hot again - checked and 102.5 in the ear. He also slept nearly 3 hours later than normal - and he's taking a really good nap now. The only other symptom he has had was a hive last night - covered his chin and much of his neck. It was warm to the touch, but didn't itch or bother him much. He's been perky otherwise. He only had food yesterday that he has had dozens of times. He played mostly in our yard - but was rolling in grass (aka mostly dandelions & clover) for the first time this year.

In related news it June!!! (related due to the green "grass")
post #17 of 727
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post
It's June!!!
I know! for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
geeze. i forgot it was june. lol

h


Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
are you getting enough protein?? I'm worried about you taking a GTT if you're passing out. Talk to your midwife about other options. There are meal plans, where you can test your sugar at home every few hours. They're not only a little more convenient, but better for you. That glucola is icky!

If you do the glucola, take someone to drive for you.
I was a horrible fainter with Connor... I did NOT do well with that stupid test, even the one hour one.

***coming over from the May thread ***
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
i have been realizing that i have not really been living my most authentic life. i have been trying to live someone else's life. i tend to read blogs and i sometimes forget that alot of those blogs people just don't give 100% true face to the trials of their lives.
I totally know what you mean. It's SO easy to get sucked in to trying to live up to those perfect ideals that seem to be embodied on those blogs. I try really hard to remember that they have crappy days too, and that my life is just as valid & valuable as theirs

Mamas.. I got an email from my ex.. he's getting my 17yo's passport applied for NOW! Then we have to start work on the migrant visa.. and he's more than willing to go halves on the whole thing (which is good, as the visa itself is 1705$$$$) He said he hated to ask me to go in halves but it'd be too hard for them to come up with that much without making D wait for ages Um.. WOW!?! So I'm going to attempt to call them today, providign their voip is in a good mood and discuss it with the two of them.

I'm off to clean some house while I set the boys up on reading eggs & such for a bit
post #18 of 727
Liza- they could be related, isn't there a common childhood disease that has rash and fever? Sadly, I can no longer remember. Does hand foot and mouth sound possible? My girls had a rash and high fever with it. Hope ds is feeling better!

Unschoolin- glucose stuff is just crap and the test isn't always reliable, so I hope it goes well for you.

Cari- woot! That would be so awesome having your ds with you and your boys. Speaking of ds- how is J doing?

Been semi-offline while I get caught up from the wedding. My allergies are kinda of yucky, so I have been avoiding life.

We have our homeschool picnic tonight and i need to bring a dish to pass. Any thoughts? Maybe a brown rice casserole?
post #19 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
hey ladies. lurking again. lol.

this month is my son's bday. the 21st. my solstice baby. he will be 15.
Aw. Early happy bday to your ds!
Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
I thought I was. I tried not to take my twice a day dose of iron yesterday and that's when I got sick.

My midwife wants me to eat a high protein snack before my GTT. I wish someone could take me. Dh is coming with me with the kids, but he doesn't know how to drive so I'm usually the one that takes myself places.

I should be okay as long as I eat something. Though if the kids aren't in the mood to wake up that early to go with me, then I'll be going alone.
I hate that test, and refused it with my 2nd and 3rd babies. Rebel that I am. I also avoided soda, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post
Quick question: In your experience, can hives and fever be correlated? DS woke up at 2 am with a really hot fever (I didn't check actual temp). I gave him some Tylenol since he wasn't going back to sleep after an hour and no cooling. I checked him again at 9 am and we was really hot again - checked and 102.5 in the ear. He also slept nearly 3 hours later than normal - and he's taking a really good nap now. The only other symptom he has had was a hive last night - covered his chin and much of his neck. It was warm to the touch, but didn't itch or bother him much. He's been perky otherwise. He only had food yesterday that he has had dozens of times. He played mostly in our yard - but was rolling in grass (aka mostly dandelions & clover) for the first time this year.

In related news it June!!! (related due to the green "grass")
Fifths Disease? Really common, most everyone has had it, even if they don't remember. My dd I know for sure had it, not sure about the boys. She got a flushed rash on the lower part of one cheek, along with a fever. It's no big deal, though. Just freaky looking.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/infecti...ral/fifth.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post

Mamas.. I got an email from my ex.. he's getting my 17yo's passport applied for NOW! Then we have to start work on the migrant visa.. and he's more than willing to go halves on the whole thing (which is good, as the visa itself is 1705$$$$) He said he hated to ask me to go in halves but it'd be too hard for them to come up with that much without making D wait for ages Um.. WOW!?! So I'm going to attempt to call them today, providign their voip is in a good mood and discuss it with the two of them.

I'm off to clean some house while I set the boys up on reading eggs & such for a bit
Wow! How is you ds? Will this be a long visit or is he planning on staying with you all indefinitely? Yay!
Also, yay for a cleany time with boys on computer. I love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post

We have our homeschool picnic tonight and i need to bring a dish to pass. Any thoughts? Maybe a brown rice casserole?
I bring this one dish (well, did, before I went grain free. Now I bring deviled eggs, cheese, fruit and veg) anyway, I bring this one dish to many gatherings, because it's super easy and tasty and can be made vegan, and pretty allergen free.

http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/9903?section=

Unschoolin- why on earth would someone laugh at your hair? How rude and hurtful!

Today I will be getting big kids to visitation and then Bodhi and I will be cooking and cleaning allll day long. Yay for us! I will try to not be too distracted by the book I'm reading "Thornyhold" but sigh, I might take tea breaks...
post #20 of 727


That Quinoa salad look good!

May your testing goes smoothly unschoolingmom!


We had a car fire near our house last night... lots of noise and smoke... took one hour for the firefighters to finish their job, then one more hour at the station to get the trucks ready for next call... DH came home at 11pm... couldn't sleep till early this morning because of the adrenalin rush... if you could send him some energy today, it would be very appreciated!

The fire risk index have been lowered in our area!!! From extreme, we are now at the limit of moderate to high.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Spirituality
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › ~*~June Pagan Families Circle~*~