or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › ~*~June Pagan Families Circle~*~
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

~*~June Pagan Families Circle~*~ - Page 6

post #101 of 727
Hey mamas.

I'm going to be MIA for a long time. I have some horrible things happening right now and I'm not sure how long they're going to last.

Just send positive thoughts not so much for me, as that doesn't matter, but for my kids.
post #102 of 727
Wow... Just Googled "seasonal food" and there's a ton of stuff out there... You can get posters and all sorts of stuff to tell what is in season for your area. I'm combining that with a site that finds recipes based on specific ingredients and I'm good to go...
post #103 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Sounds great! I'm sure you could use fresh peaches instead, maybe cool them a little first so they are softer? Going to give it a shot.

Hugs to you unschoolinmom, just getting through some real tough times myself (on-going actually but I see the light) so I feel your pain. Will be thinking of you and hope you make it back soon. Don't give up your support system and hide, I did that when things were bad and it only made things worse, k? Love to you Mama.
post #104 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post

Just send positive thoughts not so much for me, as that doesn't matter, but for my kids.
Much love and positive energy to you.
post #105 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
Hey mamas.

I'm going to be MIA for a long time. I have some horrible things happening right now and I'm not sure how long they're going to last.

Just send positive thoughts not so much for me, as that doesn't matter, but for my kids.
Hang in there, mama
Check back with us and let us know how things are, K? I'll be thinking of you. And sending vibes for allof you
post #106 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
Hey mamas.

I'm going to be MIA for a long time. I have some horrible things happening right now and I'm not sure how long they're going to last.

Just send positive thoughts not so much for me, as that doesn't matter, but for my kids.
I know we'll all thinking about you.

What I love most about this circle is the support. I hope you let us know when you can how it is going.
post #107 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura;15486033



Try Phyllis Curott-- I [I
lurve[/I] her. Practical Witchery-- gotta love it.


I have both of her books. LOVE them!

And the Inner Temple is really hands on. I love that he explains it so well.
I will be working on my menu for solstice soon. This week. So basically, the foods are anything that is in season in my area? I can do that.
post #108 of 727
unschoolinmom-- to you, and good vibes toward you and your family. do whatever you need to do, and we'll be here when you need us.

Maia, DoK, I was outside for most of the day. We were getting ready for an outdoor wedding tomorrow. The t-storm that was by us was short and quick. And one of the port-a-potties that was rented actually moved! None of us knew that there was a tornado warning, and I sure as heck hope there isn't one tomorrow.
post #109 of 727
unschoolin' i love you, please take care of yourself. hug those babies! (the kiss is sent from ds#3. lol)

h
post #110 of 727
Hi all.

Sorry I have been MIA the past few days. Things have been stressful, my Manager got fired. Basically they were looking for a scapegoat and a reason to get rid of her, so they fired her. The company already had a new manager lined up *grrrr*

I am actively hunting for a new job. Just applied to like 15 different openings in various fields today. I am really hoping something wonderful pops up. I am tired of paying things late because I only make $450/2 wks. My share of the rent alone is $575.

I've been sick today so, I started to reread Ask And It Is Given Today and I am in a much better mood. Gonna keep reading it to stay on a positive focus. I read like 10 chapters in an hour and a half :

to Unschoolin' and anybody else that needs them.
post #111 of 727
I'm starting to plan a "welcome to the world" ritual for DD. I'm thinking either next week with the new moon or the full moon at end of month. The primary ritual moment will be putting her placenta in Turnagain Arm on the bore tide wave. (A wave formed by incoming wave of high tide.) We'll also have a solstice picnic, just off by a few days.

I was hoping to do it on her 6 month birthday, but i had t travel the next day and couldn't squeeze it in. Unfortunately, on that day a really rare event happened with the bopre tide that day and the inflowing & outfloweing water "bounced" off of each other "separating the seas" - as in Moses & the Red Sea, as well as whirlpools. That would have been soooooo cool to see. Maybe it will happen again.

Any thoughts on timing?
post #112 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmommie View Post
I have both of her books. LOVE them!
She has three, actually. Which ones do you have? I love Witch Crafting. As she says, it's more of a "why-to" than a "how-to". The other two (Book of Shadows and Love Spell) have great stuff, but they're more autobiographical and read more like novels. IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
Maia, DoK, I was outside for most of the day. We were getting ready for an outdoor wedding tomorrow. The t-storm that was by us was short and quick. And one of the port-a-potties that was rented actually moved! None of us knew that there was a tornado warning, and I sure as heck hope there isn't one tomorrow.
Looks like you're going to get slammed...not with tornadoes, but with wet stuff. Be careful.
Weddings...they're always memorable, no matter what happens or doesn't, weather-wise. My brother and his wife went to Bermuda for their honeymoon, and got stuck in their hotel from a hurricane. They have, of course, never forgotten it

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post
I'm starting to plan a "welcome to the world" ritual for DD. I'm thinking either next week with the new moon or the full moon at end of month. The primary ritual moment will be putting her placenta in Turnagain Arm on the bore tide wave. (A wave formed by incoming wave of high tide.) We'll also have a solstice picnic, just off by a few days.

I was hoping to do it on her 6 month birthday, but i had t travel the next day and couldn't squeeze it in. Unfortunately, on that day a really rare event happened with the bopre tide that day and the inflowing & outfloweing water "bounced" off of each other "separating the seas" - as in Moses & the Red Sea, as well as whirlpools. That would have been soooooo cool to see. Maybe it will happen again.

Any thoughts on timing?
I don't know anything about Alaska. It sounds like a whole different world, to me! So, that said, I can tell you what I did for DS's baby blessing, if you like. We met in circle, and introduced him to the Goddess and God and World (it was so cool...the priestess held him up full arm's length and said "Here is R__" ) I had bought a bunch of individual beads, and passed them around the circle in a bowl. Everybody took one, blessed and imbued it with a gift for my son (compassion, laughter, etc.) Later I had it made into a necklace. I have it hidden away, saving it for DS's coming of age
post #113 of 727
maia: we did something similar with ds#3. we welcomed him to the world, dh held him up and called out his name and all his "aunties" blessed beads for him. the "bracelet" hangs at the head of his bed. i also offered breastmilk to the god and goddess before we closed the circle and then there was eating of much tastey food. lol

h
post #114 of 727
Blue Jays... Anyone know what they may symbolize? I have a blue jay that lands on my front railing about 2 feet from my window (where my computer is.) It lands there every morning and looks in my window. Then flies off.

Yes, I'm sure there's a mundane reason for it to be there but I'm curious anyway. I could google but maybe one of you have a book about totem animals, etc.

I've never had a bird feeder (and I doubt the single guy that used to live here before me had one.)
Ps. I've been really missing my dad lately. He would be celebrating a birthday on the 9th if he was still with us.
post #115 of 727
DOK- Hmm, don't know much about their symbolism. They are very aggressive birds and so beautiful.

Unschoolin- *hugs* and sending peace, love and light to you and your littles!

Solstice- I need to discuss this with the girls and see what their plans are. I am thinking we will make a fire and cook over the fire but not sure what. Berries and cherries are in season during the solstice, so I am sure we will use them. Maybe a lemon.berry tart.
post #116 of 727
Hello everyone. I have been a lurker on and off of this board. I finally taking the plunge and hitting subscribe
Southernmomma- I am doing the same thing! I have not been really into my spirituality for a long time and am reading the Inner Temple in the year and a days time. I also have a book Celebrating the Great Mother for ideas to celebrate with my kids.
post #117 of 727
Unschooling- Hugs, lady. I'll be thinking of you.

Other than that, this is another drive by for me. I've been a busy bee and will continue as such!

I don't know if I want to plan a solstice dinner, later? We get back on the 23rd. I will do my own observance of it (in my head, like most things...) when in Mexico, but I'm not sure if I want to do something with the kids, like on the 27thish....
post #118 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by karma_momma View Post
Hello everyone. I have been a lurker on and off of this board. I finally taking the plunge and hitting subscribe
Welcome! Nice to have you here!
post #119 of 727
(((Deshanna)))


Slow Sunday for me... I just feel mellow... and honoring that.

DH is working - firefighters are the security crew for a big bike ride around the lake.

Solstice: local Farmer's Market opens the Saturday prior to the Solstice so I'll improvise our meal with things I'll find that day!
post #120 of 727
Tornado Watch in effect again. Guess we won't be going out for frozen yogurt after all.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Spirituality
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › ~*~June Pagan Families Circle~*~