or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › ~*~June Pagan Families Circle~*~
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

~*~June Pagan Families Circle~*~ - Page 5

post #81 of 727
I have just experienced the best GTT experience ever!

I go to the place, hand in my script and the woman takes me back. She takes me into this lovely room that has a reclining massage chair, packaged snuggies, a plasma hd tv with dvds, books, and a cd radio.

I had two drink choices. Orange and fruit punch. I got fruit punch. After that, I put on my snuggie, reclined back, and enjoyed the massage with magazines and relaxing music.
post #82 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
I have just experienced the best GTT experience ever!

I go to the place, hand in my script and the woman takes me back. She takes me into this lovely room that has a reclining massage chair, packaged snuggies, a plasma hd tv with dvds, books, and a cd radio.

I had two drink choices. Orange and fruit punch. I got fruit punch. After that, I put on my snuggie, reclined back, and enjoyed the massage with magazines and relaxing music.
I wish I could do that one! Mine is in a week or two. And I don't get those fancy options. Lucky you. I bet you enjoyed a little relax time.
post #83 of 727
Oh ugh. I got home just in time. Major intestinal upset. Plus, I had a headache today. Thought it must be something I ate but then discovered my period had arrived early.
Bleh. I need feminine products but feel to ill to go out for them.
post #84 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmommie View Post
What foods do you typically eat on during your solstice? I'm gathering ideas.
I don't know...I just don't know. I'm so up-in-the-air. I always go to PSG. So I have no idea.
There is a public ritual here, that of course I will go to, but I want to do something special at home, too, and I have no idea what.
What foods is everybody else having?
I want to make some sort of berry-something, but it's not really berry season yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
I have just experienced the best GTT experience ever!
That's so weird. It sounds like a spa!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Oh ugh. I got home just in time. Major intestinal upset. Plus, I had a headache today. Thought it must be something I ate but then discovered my period had arrived early.
Bleh. I need feminine products but feel to ill to go out for them.

You can always pack your panties with paper towels or flannel pieces. That's what I do when I don't have any products.
I'm in the Red Tent, too
post #85 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
You can always pack your panties with paper towels or flannel pieces. That's what I do when I don't have any products.
I'm in the Red Tent, too
I don't have either of those. Will have to use tp for now. Will take an immodium and head to cvs.
post #86 of 727
one thing i have been making for a few years now for solstice is "sun bread" from the children's book called "Sunbread" it is great. and looks like the sun.

h
post #87 of 727
so dh just got approved for two credit cards... totaling $12,000.00 so weird that just a year ago he couldn't get a $1000.00 from home depot to cover the hot water heater without begging.

h
post #88 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
one thing i have been making for a few years now for solstice is "sun bread" from the children's book called "Sunbread" it is great. and looks like the sun.
We do that at Winter Solstice! The Elise Kleven book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
so dh just got approved for two credit cards... totaling $12,000.00 so weird that just a year ago he couldn't get a $1000.00 from home depot to cover the hot water heater without begging.
Don't you just love how that works out? But at least you have them for emergencies, now, if you need them.

Got to web cam with M today for a good long time It's so sweet to see him, actually see him. But it makes me yearn for him even more, I think
Gawd, I love his sweet smile

So DS begs for his girl friend (NOT girlfriend ) to come over and I offered to have her for the night, and they both went apedoody over that. So she gets here, I take them out to eat, they both are hyper and behave abominably, so much so that they didn't even notice when I herded them out the door without dessert...and then they get home, and ds (age NINE, may I remind you) has a huh-YOOGE accident in his pants. I mean a full load. Not even remotely resembling solid. GROSS. As in, throw out the good underwear gross :Puke I mean, WTF? He's nine and he can't recognize when he has to go, and get there on time??
And then, whatever's going on with them outside, he decides that he doesn't want her here anymore. She wants to stay. I said "If you can't both get along, you can both go to bed right now, in <ds's> bed". It was only like 6:30 at the time. They decided to get along

What a freakin' night. If I were a drinking woman, still, I'd be having a whopper of a cocktail right now. And a cigarette. As it was, I had 1/2 cup of double chocolate chip ice cream with Hershey's syrup and chocolate sprinkles.
I wish I could get a hold of M. That would help, certainly. He's not answering at the moment. He was tired earlier...he probably fell asleep watching his movie.

Speaking of which-- he was watching Alice In Wonderland. The Tim Burton/Johnny Depp version. Have y'all seen that? Thoughts?
post #89 of 727
I'm exhausted... would gladly take the massage chair... (wish I could... but since I had a neck injury in the car accident, they tell me I can't use those)

Night was not very restful... I waited for DH and told him about his "friend"... We both slept poorly. Lots of question in our head that will remain...


HS Olympiads were a big success once again! I love the multi-ages groups! It's so cool to watch the teams made of kids from preschool to highschool all working together just to have FUN!!!

Last yoga class was great! We got more infos about the rituals that will take place this summer! And I've confirmed my spot in next session - starting on September 10.

I'm proud of my DH who received his firefighter's diploma (and the little pin to wear on his uniform)!

And I'm going to bed early... woke up with a migraine... hope it gets better with sleep...

Leaving early again tomorrow: big books sale at the city library. Will go in rain gears cause we need to stand in line outside for hours before the official opening ... just hope there won't be any thunderstorms while we're there.
post #90 of 727
Val- How is DH doing? That kind of news is just awful to have to tell but doing it in person is better, you could chat and try and cope.

Unschoolin- wow, talk about being responsive to needs and understanding pregnant mamas. i am impressed with your care

Maia- I won't do sleepovers, and I rarely do playdates. I am trying to be better about it, but after working with kids for years, I crave my privacy.

Well, need to get mulch and do some yard saleing. Better get off the computer.
post #91 of 727
No books sale for me...
Stupid argument over the importance of this... my "need" of going in early to get a good parking spot...
I was running late and husband was totally insensitive about it all and, with the lack of sleep, I didn't take it too well and just decided to not go ...
That did pissed him and he left in a hurry, leaving me with the kids so I couldn't change my mind about it.

He came back a few minutes ago(he was at work), put some dressed clothes and left for the funerals.

I wish there was enough gas in the car... but we only filled the truck... so I'm stuck.

I'll see what time he comes home... the sale end at 5pm... (but it's a 1 hour drive)... I need to be in the city between 5 and 6 anyway to pick up DD2's dance pictures...
post #92 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Maia- I won't do sleepovers, and I rarely do playdates. I am trying to be better about it, but after working with kids for years, I crave my privacy.
How come you don't? Usually, giving DS a playdate and/or sleepover gives me more privacy, but then, I just have the one child and it takes his attention off of me. But this time, it was an utter fail.

He ended up calling the girl's mom, and she wasn't available, but she called a bit later as her plans fell through. She came over to pick up her DD, and by that point, both of them were crying to not cancel the sleepover, but I told them-- look, by the time The Other Mom comes over, it's way too late. Sorry. You'll have to try again another time
M called, after his nap, and then, at least, I got a good night's sleep. Woke up when I was good and ready. DS did NOT wake me up before my time

So today we're going downtown for awhile...a lady on a local mama list is going to trade me some home made earrings, or some soap maybe, for my canning supplies. Then we're going to the tailgate market where I hope to find some Grade C maple syrup. Then DS has a birthday party to go to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
No books sale for me...
Stupid argument over the importance of this... my "need" of going in early to get a good parking spot...
I was running late and husband was totally insensitive about it all and, with the lack of sleep, I didn't take it too well and just decided to not go ...
That did pissed him and he left in a hurry, leaving me with the kids so I couldn't change my mind about it.

He came back a few minutes ago(he was at work), put some dressed clothes and left for the funerals.
Dang
post #93 of 727

Solstice menu

So here is our Solstice menu so far:

Solstice Citrus Chicken
Strawberry Shortcake or Sun's Up Cobbler
Lemon Balm Tea (Sun Tea?)
Cucumber Salad maybe? some sort of salad.
post #94 of 727
oh and i forgot i make this lemon pie that i got the recipe from pooka's pages like 3 or so years ago. it is yummy, totally unhealthy and super easy! lol i have made that the last 3 summer solstices as well.

not sure what i am going to do this solstice as we are packing up everything and i feel like poo. we will see. i might just make the pie and eat it. lol

h
post #95 of 727
Hey all! Haven't been here much but hoping to change that Maiasaura your Solstice menu sounds great!! Tell me more about this sun's up cobbler...

We were supposed to all go to a plein air art event at this local festival but it's all rained out. Totally bummed. You've all inspired me to work up a Solstice menu though, I've been procrastinating.
post #96 of 727
Hello!

Just laid abed till almost noon -- with my laptop, answering difficult emails and trying to make some darn stuff work with photos I'm trying to collect for a preschool yearbook.

But I'm going to get out to the garden soon!

Maia - -- sorry for the odd fail on your son's sleepover. I've had a couple of those in my time....Karen, I don't do a lot of playdates or sleepovers either, none at all except for my daughter who is 12. But then, I do a home childcare so it is party for preschoolers every day for my sons! Ds1 gets his first sleepover with his very best home childcare friend this summer, AFTER, the friend has "graduated" from my home childcare. They are planning it already!

Sorry, Valérie Hope the day goes better for you from now on.

Hi, Southernmommie! I've been reading a lot of Christopher Penczak too -- requested everything of his that my ILL system has. I now own the Witches' Coin, and Spirit Allies, am considering getting copies of Instant Magic and/or Mystic Foundations, would love to get a peek at Urban Magick, have decided that the protection magick discussed in Witches' Shield is covered well enough in other books of his, and am very intrigued by his book on Gay Magick, but won't buy it sight unseen as it is not of immediate relevance to me.

I am browsing through his Temple book and have to say that that series is top of my wish list. I am thinking of ordering a paper copy of temple in time to work through it in fall, as I won't have time this summer. T. Thorn Coye's Evolutionary Witchcraft is also at the top of my list.

Penczak just pulls together everything woo-woo and magickal, from astrology to Reiki, to Wicca, and makes it accessible, makes it make sense to me as a whole somehow. I love the scope and the practicality of his work. He's eclectic, but deep

Garden calls, have to cut my boys hair (outdoors to avoid mess) and then mow the lawn, too.
post #97 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloKitty View Post
Hey all! Haven't been here much but hoping to change that


Solstice menu- Considering ds pretty much eats the same thing day after day, I'd be the only one eating something special.
I may make a pineapple margarita pie (williams sonoma). But I'm afraid I'll eat it all. mmm.
post #98 of 727
TORNADO watch here today! I knew it felt scarily muggy, etc... I came home to check the weather precisely for this reason and saw the weather alert.

Scary.
I just called ds's father and told him to bring Roo home (his father wouldn't recognize signs of a tornado nor would he know what to do.)
post #99 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
i might just make the pie and eat it. lol
Mmmm....make sure you eat it with a spoon-- as in, just dig in. No plate, no fork, no individual serving. Right out of the main pie plate Even if you have to hide in the closet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
Penczak just pulls together everything woo-woo and magickal, from astrology to Reiki, to Wicca, and makes it accessible, makes it make sense to me as a whole somehow. I love the scope and the practicality of his work. He's eclectic, but deep
Try Phyllis Curott-- I lurve her. Practical Witchery-- gotta love it.

Quote:
Garden calls, have to cut my boys hair (outdoors to avoid mess) and then mow the lawn, too.
Cutting all the way 'round, I see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
TORNADO watch here today! I knew it felt scarily muggy, etc... I came home to check the weather precisely for this reason and saw the weather alert.
M just told me about that!! Wow. Stay safe, mama. He told me it's till 10pm!

I am utterly wiped. We went downtown to the tailgate market-- got there as everybody was packing up. They end at 1pm! But I went there for a specific purpose, and got to meet the mama I wanted to meet, and talk to her (they actually make maple syrup-- here in NC!) so she'll have some syrup for me next week. $12 for 8oz but it's grade C, which will be a super-rare treat for me. It's like gold
Then we went to a couple other errands, then to the park for ds to skate a little early of the birthday party we were there for. So were at the park for like 3 hours, the last 2 of which was like 20 kids and 15 parents-- I am very social, but omg I wear out so easily from that. I am about falling asleep right now. My energy is soooooooooo low.
post #100 of 727
Oh yeah--Sun's Up Cobbler: http://www.wicca.com/celtic/akasha/lithatnrecip.htm

I've never made it before. Sounds kind of cheating, as it uses canned peaches, but I bet it's pretty, and I have an abundance of canned peaches from the food pantry at ds's school. Might try to use them up. I like cobbler. Don't have it very often.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Spirituality
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › ~*~June Pagan Families Circle~*~