or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Allergies › It's June 2010 already! Allergy Chat Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

It's June 2010 already! Allergy Chat Thread - Page 34

post #661 of 873
Beef stew.
Needs turnips.
post #662 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
Now I want Dosas. I wonder if the Indian store near me would have them.
You can get some of the premade stuff at the indian store when you go to CT next week!

Last night I wanted to make enchiladas but my I couldn't roll my tortillas out flat enough without them sticking, so I ended up with layered enchilada casserole I guess. And my mother went strawberry picking yesterday morning and shared. I was going to make shortcakes, but DD1 and DD2 ate them all before I could say I wanted to save some. Guess I'm going to have to pick some of my own. Now that DH went home to go to work, DD1 and I are getting yippee-it's-summer pedicures.

Oh, and nurse called yesterday. Lump checked out fine! I still have a follow up on July 2 though (wondering if they're going to say to remove it anyway since it's tender and weird). At least I can stop worrying about that.

So DH is having DD1 wash dishes and DS dry and put away. DS was complaining that DD1 wasn't doing a good enough job (and I found out yesterday that DD1 only uses cold water). Yesterday DS was a bear - hitting DD2 a couple times, tantrumy, obstinate, yapping a mile a minute, etc. I'd made cinnamon-sugar focaccia yesterday morning and it had 2 Tbs. of cane sugar sprinkled on top. But I've done that twice before for him and he's been fine. So is the sugar bothering him? Or is it the dishes that aren't being cleaned well enough so it's cross contamination? I was so happy that he was going to have store-bought marshmallows (from allergygrocer.com) once in a while this summer....
post #663 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
You can get some of the premade stuff at the indian store when you go to CT next week!

Last night I wanted to make enchiladas but my I couldn't roll my tortillas out flat enough without them sticking, so I ended up with layered enchilada casserole I guess. And my mother went strawberry picking yesterday morning and shared. I was going to make shortcakes, but DD1 and DD2 ate them all before I could say I wanted to save some. Guess I'm going to have to pick some of my own. Now that DH went home to go to work, DD1 and I are getting yippee-it's-summer pedicures.

Oh, and nurse called yesterday. Lump checked out fine! I still have a follow up on July 2 though (wondering if they're going to say to remove it anyway since it's tender and weird). At least I can stop worrying about that.

So DH is having DD1 wash dishes and DS dry and put away. DS was complaining that DD1 wasn't doing a good enough job (and I found out yesterday that DD1 only uses cold water). Yesterday DS was a bear - hitting DD2 a couple times, tantrumy, obstinate, yapping a mile a minute, etc. I'd made cinnamon-sugar focaccia yesterday morning and it had 2 Tbs. of cane sugar sprinkled on top. But I've done that twice before for him and he's been fine. So is the sugar bothering him? Or is it the dishes that aren't being cleaned well enough so it's cross contamination? I was so happy that he was going to have store-bought marshmallows (from allergygrocer.com) once in a while this summer....
I think we won't have time to stop. Its a 3 hrs appointment. Is it in Hartford?

Yeahaw!!!!!! Great news about the lump.

Weird about DS. Is he on treatment for lyme? Could that be causing it?

DS is downright obstinate right now. Sooo annoying.
post #664 of 873
Yay Kathy!!!

I worry about xcon on my dishes a lot... I hand wash them AND put them through the dishwasher- just to make sure. (My dishwasher sucks, so I don't trust it to get off everything, but I want the reassurance of that really hot water getting off any particles that I missed.)
post #665 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
Beef stew.
Needs turnips.
omg I am salivating.
post #666 of 873
Wonderful news Kathy!!!!!


Now that Max is no longer napping regularly, when he does nap, he wakes up a total crank. Crying and touchy for at least an hour. I decided that it might be blood sugar issues, so when he napped yesterday, I prepped some food. I also poured some 5-htp in his mouth while he slept. He was napping on the couch. When he woke up, slowly, he watched big brother on the computer and was FINE. I fed him when he fully woke up. Not sure if it was the computer distractions (hasn't usually worked before) or the 5-htp. I will be doing a light sprinkle again in the future. phew.
We've been doing pancreatic sprinkles here, maybe his blood sugar has been better. He always wakes up bright and cheerful in the morning.
post #667 of 873
THat's awesome, Kathy!!

M2S, that is sooo funny about pouring supps into his mouth while he sleeps
post #668 of 873
post #669 of 873
So I have noticed this past week and a half that DD had been constipated twice. Each time for 2 days I'm thinking it's eggs. We are going to have to trial them. They did show up at level 3 for me on the Elisa so it would make sense for DD to right? Do egg sensitivities have usual symptoms like gluten or are they all over the map? How are egg replacers?
post #670 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
I think we won't have time to stop. Its a 3 hrs appointment. Is it in Hartford?

Weird about DS. Is he on treatment for lyme? Could that be causing it?

DS is downright obstinate right now. Sooo annoying.
Yesterday he seemed like he had that faint pink above his lip. Today it's definitely pronounced. I emailed Pure Encapsulations about their Cat's Claw, since he had started that yesterday morning too (another variable). I guess the lyme abx could be doing it - but he's been on the abx almost a month. For my lyme, I think the abx are making me get a yeast infection. So uncomfortable.

Patel Foods - it's in Manchester. If you come down rte. 84, you can get off and back on pretty easily. I think you get off 384, then take exit 1, then head toward the shopping center, and it's on the left. Do a mapquest and see if you can find it. If not, I'll give you better directions. That's where I get my sorghum and millet flour too. And my chickpea flour. And they have puffed sorghum that looks like popcorn (my DS melts coconut oil and puts salt on it and pretends that's what he's having).

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
Yay Kathy!!!

I worry about xcon on my dishes a lot... I hand wash them AND put them through the dishwasher- just to make sure. (My dishwasher sucks, so I don't trust it to get off everything, but I want the reassurance of that really hot water getting off any particles that I missed.)
I use super hot water too for reassurance. Our dishwasher at home is really good (because DH turned off all the hot water safety things so it's super hot).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom61508 View Post
So I have noticed this past week and a half that DD had been constipated twice. Each time for 2 days I'm thinking it's eggs. We are going to have to trial them. They did show up at level 3 for me on the Elisa so it would make sense for DD to right? Do egg sensitivities have usual symptoms like gluten or are they all over the map? How are egg replacers?
Personally I think egg can be all over the map, only because DS originally sobbed for 2-3 hours the next day after eggs. Then when I tried to reintroduce them, he got a wicked stomachache, then a few months later, I tried again, and he vomited within 20-30 minutes. I don't think gluten symptoms are necessarily "usual" though either. Maybe my family is just weird.
post #671 of 873
Note to self (and torture for you all ):
One MUST wait for crispie rice squares to set/cool before attempting to cut them if one actually wants a "square".

post #672 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
Note to self (and torture for you all ):
One MUST wait for crispie rice squares to set/cool before attempting to cut them if one actually wants a "square".

Stop it! You're making me drool on my keyboard.
post #673 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
Stop it! You're making me drool on my keyboard.
Yeah!

Man, I am really having a hard time sticking with our safe diet these days. My willpower and self control are fading quickly, especially with all the fresh summer produce that I can't eat (like sugar snap peas, fresh cherries, I could go on and on... we just went to the farmer's market so I'm especially bummer.) And the fact that it's hot right now, and I'm cooking a steak and boiling broccoli. bleck.

I ate another jello last night. And DD slept fine... so it was definitely the GABA that was making her crazy. gah.
post #674 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
Yeah!

Man, I am really having a hard time sticking with our safe diet these days. My willpower and self control are fading quickly, especially with all the fresh summer produce that I can't eat (like sugar snap peas, fresh cherries, I could go on and on... we just went to the farmer's market so I'm especially bummer.) And the fact that it's hot right now, and I'm cooking a steak and boiling broccoli. bleck.

I ate another jello last night. And DD slept fine... so it was definitely the GABA that was making her crazy. gah.
Well thank goodness it wasn't the jello! At least you can enjoy that.
post #675 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
Yeah!

Man, I am really having a hard time sticking with our safe diet these days. My willpower and self control are fading quickly, especially with all the fresh summer produce that I can't eat (like sugar snap peas, fresh cherries, I could go on and on... we just went to the farmer's market so I'm especially bummer.) And the fact that it's hot right now, and I'm cooking a steak and boiling broccoli. bleck.

I ate another jello last night. And DD slept fine... so it was definitely the GABA that was making her crazy. gah.
Forget the GABA - you can have jello

GABA was a tough one for DS as well. It's helping, but I had to add it REALLY slowly, and add B12 first. And he's still at a pretty low dose (2/3 capsule a day, spread out into 4 doses).
post #676 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
Well thank goodness it wasn't the jello! At least you can enjoy that.
Well, I'm not positive that it's ok.... but I know it wasn't the main offender, anyway. Maybe I'll have to eat some more to find out.
post #677 of 873
hi ladies... please come over to my "cry out for help" thread i posted earlier tonight... i need some thoughts or at least some hugs and commiseration.

i too am having trouble with the diet these days. we are supposed to be low to no grain and we had gf oatmeal for breakfast, rice pasta for lunch and rice pasta as a side dish for dinner i am exhausted, overwhelmed and need to go to the farmer's market and have no time to do so. my creativity has gone seriously downhill. i am tired of eating meat, veggies, fruit, meat, veggies, fruit over and over and need to be more creative with the preparations within all of our other restrictions. anyway, i know you have all btdt so i won't complain anymore.

my kids have now stayed up too late. need to put everyone to bed.

'night
jen
post #678 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
Oh, and nurse called yesterday. Lump checked out fine! I still have a follow up on July 2 though (wondering if they're going to say to remove it anyway since it's tender and weird). At least I can stop worrying about that.
I'm so glad you know everything is fine! Lumps are scary! What a relief.
post #679 of 873
Whoa. Where is everyone today? Hopefully playing outside in the sunshine. Which is where I should be, but we've been having toddler drama over here for the past 3 hours. Finally, she is down for a nap... I did get my clothesline up today though and have some laundry hanging on it right now! Hopefully this afternoon will be better (drama-wise) and I can get some yard work done.


Quote:
Originally Posted by gigismom View Post
i too am having trouble with the diet these days. we are supposed to be low to no grain and we had gf oatmeal for breakfast, rice pasta for lunch and rice pasta as a side dish for dinner i am exhausted, overwhelmed and need to go to the farmer's market and have no time to do so. my creativity has gone seriously downhill. i am tired of eating meat, veggies, fruit, meat, veggies, fruit over and over and need to be more creative with the preparations within all of our other restrictions. anyway, i know you have all btdt so i won't complain anymore.
I'm right there with you right now. Especially since it's getting hotter, and I really don't want to be cooking over a hot stove 3 times a day.
post #680 of 873
Quote:
Personally I think egg can be all over the map, only because DS originally sobbed for 2-3 hours the next day after eggs. Then when I tried to reintroduce them, he got a wicked stomachache, then a few months later, I tried again, and he vomited within 20-30 minutes. I don't think gluten symptoms are necessarily "usual" though either. Maybe my family is just weird.
What would be a good amount of time to eliminate eggs? 3-4 weeks?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Allergies
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Allergies › It's June 2010 already! Allergy Chat Thread