or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › August 2010 › you know you are in the 3rd trimester when....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

you know you are in the 3rd trimester when.... - Page 2

post #21 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKT View Post
---You get a new kitten so that your poor 2-year-old has something to do other than watch DVDs all day because mommy is too tired to be any fun.
Haha!!!! We did this too. We have a cat already that loves our 19 month old DD to pieces but he is about 16 years old.....and fat....and lazy, so he doesn't really like to play with her LOL. So I came across a 1 year old neutered AND declawed sphynx on Kijiji, so we went and bought him for her. They love each other SO much!
post #22 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by trimestersdoula View Post
Haha!!!! We did this too. We have a cat already that loves our 19 month old DD to pieces but he is about 16 years old.....and fat....and lazy, so he doesn't really like to play with her LOL. So I came across a 1 year old neutered AND declawed sphynx on Kijiji, so we went and bought him for her. They love each other SO much!
I'll bet that's one striking looking cat! Are those the hairless ones?

I'm glad I'm not the only one crazy enough to take on a new critter right before a new critter is born. We actually ended up with this kitten by accident. It was a stray our neighbor found, and we were supposed to be finding it a home, but as usually happens, that ended up being our home! DH was hesitant, but I think he's fallen for the little guy even though there is now a bit of a turf war between the kitten and our 12-yr-old cat (who seems to have peed on DD's bed in rebellion today). But it is sooooo cute seeing the kitten and DD chase eachother around.

Another sign you're in your third trimester --

--You're absolute putty in the hands of any creature in need of nurturing.
post #23 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by trimestersdoula View Post
Haha!!!! We did this too. We have a cat already that loves our 19 month old DD to pieces but he is about 16 years old.....and fat....and lazy, so he doesn't really like to play with her LOL. So I came across a 1 year old neutered AND declawed sphynx on Kijiji, so we went and bought him for her. They love each other SO much!
NO FAIR!!!! I've wanted a Sphynx for EVER!!! I check the shelters everyday but that's a no go, and I can't justify spending the money I would have to shell out to get one from a reputable breeder.

We rescued a cat from a local shelter recently as well. It's actually back fired in a way. DD is constantly holding and 'loving' the cat and I'm constantly vacuuming. But we sure love her, she's a wonderful cat. I think it's funny how you go through this "aww....I love all cute and cuddly things" while pregnant to "I couldn't care less, get this dirty thing away from my baby" after baby is born.

I thought of one more to add.

You know you're in the 3rd tri when......
.......You start giving into all the sweats and treats your DC wants to buy while grocery shopping. I'd love to say "no" but those cookies/ice cream/candy just look sooooo good.
post #24 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKT View Post
---You get a new kitten so that your poor 2-year-old has something to do other than watch DVDs all day because mommy is too tired to be any fun.
Last Friday we got a new kitten for our one year old kitty! hahah! The one year old is super social and needs to play a lot and have lots of attention. I figured she needs to get used to things changing NOW before the baby comes. They are already super cute friends! (yay!)
and I love kittens.. pregnant or not!

here's my additions:

--You cry because you just want your body back. Not because you want to be your prepregnancy size but because you want to take whatever medicine you need without worrying and drink a few gin & tonics.

--You question why anyone would want to be pregnant EVER.

--Hour long car trips take forever because you have to stop and pee all the time.

--People's eyes bulge out when you go into a public restroom with a line and insist you go before them. (This happened last night and the girl was like "OMG you go ahead of me" - me "oh its okay!" - "Do you have to pee?" - me "Yeah but Im fine, you can go.." - "Do you have to pee real bad?" - me "No seriously, GO FIRST.")
post #25 of 62
LunarLady!!! Ha ha ha! I really started laughing at the "rms feeling too short to do dishes because belly is in the way" one. I was thinking this myself!!!! I just noticed this happening yesterday and thought it ould be a great excuse!!!
post #26 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by babycatcher12 View Post
* You're really thankful it's flip flop season and you don't have to worry about tying your shoes.

* It seriously feels like it's 500 degrees outside and you're convinced that the AC is broken, while the rest of the family is walking around in sweats and mittens.
That is so me right now!

That and the having the kids pick stuff up. Oh yeah, and no liquid after 8pm to avoid hourly trips to the bathroom.
post #27 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMorgan View Post

here's my additions:

--You cry because you just want your body back. Not because you want to be your prepregnancy size but because you want to take whatever medicine you need without worrying and drink a few gin & tonics.

--You question why anyone would want to be pregnant EVER.

--Hour long car trips take forever because you have to stop and pee all the time.
)
YES!!!! I want a margarita!!! I swear I'm gonna drink one the day after babe is born.
post #28 of 62
When you start wondering when the floor got so far away.

When almost every day feels twice as long as it really is.

When you start wondering how your stomach could possibly expand even further, even when you know from previous experience that it can and will.

When Christmas seems close, but August seems like forever away. (DH tried to talk about Christmas plans. I was all "No! No! We cannot talk about Christmas! I have to have this baby before we can think about anything after August!")
post #29 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKT View Post
I'll bet that's one striking looking cat! Are those the hairless ones?
I definitely wouldn't call the poor guy striking haha. He is a hairless cat, yes. People mostly tell me he looks evil, like a rat, is hideous LOL. We love the wrinkly guy just the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaB21 View Post
NO FAIR!!!! I've wanted a Sphynx for EVER!!! I check the shelters everyday but that's a no go, and I can't justify spending the money I would have to shell out to get one from a reputable breeder.
I have wanted one for years as well! The one day DH and I decided that we should maybe look at getting another cat for DD so I went looking for one that was declawed and neutered. We have had major issues with unneutered cats spraying and clawed cats wrecking our furniture and as long as I don't have to do either of those things to a cat, I am happy to take one off someones hands that has already had it done Anyways, I was looking on Kijiji and came across this cat just an hour south of here. There was no price on him but I didn't really care either LOL. I don't think I have ever written an email so fast The owner got back to me the next day and told me they still had him, that they had had lots of inquiries but when she told all these people the price they told her she was crazy. I asked how much and she told me $500.00 as long as he was going to a good home. I immediately told her he was sold and told him we would come and pick him up. I know what these cats are worth and the fact that he is JUST a year old, has been neutered, declawed and fully vaccinated, plus they payed $1500 for him, I definitely thought the $500 was worth it.

Here's a link to his photo album on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=3428dcfea4
post #30 of 62
-when you have COMPLETELY run out of patience with your toddler.

-when the kicking that was so fun when it started is now starting to get on your nerves a little bit when it won't let up.

-when your to do list keeps growing instead of shrinking because you can't possibly keep up with it.


...there are more, but my toddler is now trying to put cds through our shredder...
post #31 of 62
I have another one.

When your son's preschool brings out all the little graduates in their graduation outfits and you start crying. The kicker is, your son isn't graduating!
post #32 of 62
Thread Starter 
You have given up wearing pants while at home.

If I didn't have to go out in public I would ditch pants/skirts/shorts of any kind the rest of this pregnancy!
post #33 of 62
when your 15 month old extends a hand to help you get off the sofa...

when you get a stone in your sandal and leave it there cos bendings too much hassle...

when you dont bathe any more, its more of a wallow

when you share your wallowing with the 15 month old and teach her to wash your legs...

when your 15 month old knows how to load and start the washing machine

when your dp kisses you goodnight when you go up to put the children to bed cos you might not come back...
post #34 of 62
These are so perfectly true!! This misery is loving the company!

- When your husband's underwear is much preferred to your own.

- When your feet have gone up two sizes by the end of the day and your flipflops are tight.

- When getting up from any sitting position requires sound effects (that I couldn't stop from making even if I wanted to!)

- When eating a small meal leaves me looking for the release valve on my tummy...this baby needs to drop or I think my skin will split.

- When you stop waking up for the nightly trips to the bathroom - sleepwalking is my new favorite skill.
post #35 of 62
When it is no use looking for the cause of your heartburn, because EVERYTHING gives you heartburn!

When everyone looks shocked when you say that you really do have seven more weeks to go, and yes, you will get bigger.

When you get back to your desk (from the restroom) and realize that you need to use it again!
post #36 of 62
When your 21 month-old starts grunting when she gets up. She's quite the little imitator.
post #37 of 62
New one today: When the bath towel you always used to just wrap around and tuck is no longer big enough to wrap around and tuck, leaving you with the modesty delima: Do I flash the front or the rear? (This was me at the gym today) I guess I need a beach towel for showers now.
post #38 of 62
when you notice the baby jump when you *ahem* fart
post #39 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by the elyse View Post
when you notice the baby jump when you *ahem* fart


Along those lines....if baby makes sudden jerks it makes you pee!
post #40 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by COgirl19 View Post


Along those lines....if baby makes sudden jerks it makes you pee!
and along THOSE lines.. you pee every single time you sneeze.. which is at least 40 times a day since you have allergies and can't just take a ton of medicine to knock yourself out for the rest of the season.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: August 2010
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › August 2010 › you know you are in the 3rd trimester when....