or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › awkward conversation
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

awkward conversation - Page 5

post #81 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngfrankenstein View Post
What difference does it make? The poster said they have a lot of company and many bathrooms which was an asset. When did this become a pissing contest about who *needs* how many potties and if they're "allowed" to have them....

I really don't get this holier-than-thou, "this is how many bathrooms I would have, dang nabbit!" thing going on here.
I seriously just cannot imagine six bathrooms all being in use at the same time. She said they all get used.

But thanks for projecting your anger onto my post. I wasn't being pissy.
post #82 of 120
I'm not saying you were pissy at all! Really! I just read through this thread which had a legit question and people are getting weird about "I would Never have X amount of bathrooms!" Just strange to me!
post #83 of 120
All I know is that every time ChristyMarie says something about her house I want to be invited to a party or at least want to see pics of it.
post #84 of 120
Good grief.

For the record...they were mostly all in use at the same time Sunday as 12 adults and 12 children had to go to the bathroom at pretty much the same time as we were getting ready to walk to the fireworks.

In the morning, when everyone is trying to shower and get dressed and such at the same time after an overnight party, yes, I'll have several people using bathrooms at the same time.

Hope that clears it up for y'all. Carry on...

Drummer's Wife...Come on over! This last weekend was a very fun time. Outdoor candlelight gourmet picnic Saturday night, 4th of July party and private fireworks Sunday. It was awesome
post #85 of 120

Explanation

I just do not like getting human excrement dirty so the porta potty example is indeed a good example for us. I have had the hardest time with leaky diapers, and throw-ups. I am aware those jobs pay well, but the toillett picker upper seemed like a good example to the kids at the time.

edit to say I did not mean to offend anyone and I am not offended either
post #86 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post
All I know is that every time ChristyMarie says something about her house I want to be invited to a party or at least want to see pics of it.
Me too!
post #87 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by laila2 View Post
I just do not like getting human excrement dirty so the porta potty example is indeed a good example for us. I have had the hardest time with leaky diapers, and throw-ups. I am aware those jobs pay well, but the toillett picker upper seemed like a good example to the kids at the time.
I'm not offended, but I'm curious....

Would you also warn your kids to not be a surgeon or a nurse, because that can be icky, too? What if your kids wanted to be a rancher or open up a dog kennel? Lots of poop involved there

What's the difference, other than how society views the job of a Porta Potty guy?
post #88 of 120
I'm pretty sure this doesn't qualify as a McMansion only because it is too weird, but if I ever win the lottery I am totally buying this house. I really won't care that people will think I have too many bathrooms. I would be able to host the coolest parties ever in the history of ever.
post #89 of 120
The number of bathrooms is ok but the price tag on that.....holy moly! Even if I was a bazillionaire I'm not sure I'd be ok spending that much money on a house. I'm too cheap to do it.
post #90 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytchywoman View Post
The number of bathrooms is ok but the price tag on that.....holy moly! Even if I was a bazillionaire I'm not sure I'd be ok spending that much money on a house. I'm too cheap to do it.
You don't live near San Francisco. Given the location, size, and history I'm surprised it isn't way higher.
post #91 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightkindofme View Post
I'm pretty sure this doesn't qualify as a McMansion only because it is too weird, but if I ever win the lottery I am totally buying this house. I really won't care that people will think I have too many bathrooms. I would be able to host the coolest parties ever in the history of ever.
I wouldn't want four floors, but I like the layout, in general.

The price is ugly, but I know what you mean. We definitely have places around here that run for that. I don't think we're as pricey as San Francisco, but I don't think I've seen a house - not even a rundown, small, old one - offered for less than $600,000 in several years.
post #92 of 120
I'd rather have one bathroom than bad manners.
post #93 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightkindofme View Post
I'm pretty sure this doesn't qualify as a McMansion only because it is too weird, but if I ever win the lottery I am totally buying this house. I really won't care that people will think I have too many bathrooms. I would be able to host the coolest parties ever in the history of ever.

That house is amazing! You could have unbelievable parties there.

I love that this thread has gone from an insensitive comment to real estate postings. Sorry OP!
post #94 of 120
Isn't Bill Gates a college dropout?
post #95 of 120
I just have to point out that even if you did have 6 bathrooms, you couldn't all take a shower at once without somebody being cold. I know this from my parents and friends houses.

I dont care how many bathrooms you have, but if you think that makes you better than me, I take offense to that.
I may only have one bathroom. but I am a full time working adult who makes good money and I am the daughter of a doctor.
Just don't judge, cause you have no idea. Thats all I see is the problem here.

Have as many bathrooms as you feel necessary.


ETA: Laila2, my post is not directed towards you at all, its just a general statement. I am not feeling snarky or upset or offended at all. I just like having a good healthy debate. :-)
post #96 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaingirl79 View Post
I just have to point out that even if you did have 6 bathrooms, you couldn't all take a shower at once without somebody being cold. I know this from my parents and friends houses.
I imagine a house with 6 bathrooms would also have some of those neat tankless water heaters- heats the water as you need it, noone gets cold! How I wish I had one of those at my house...
post #97 of 120
I dont know, maybe nowadays. LOL I was thinking of when I stayed with my BFF at her dad's house back in the 90's and her mom told us to stagger our showers or we wouldn't have hot water. ( They had 5 bathrooms)

And also when I was a kid we had two and a half baths and my mom would say the same.

I guess your mileage may vary? Or an urban myth? haha
post #98 of 120
Huh... when I lived with my parents there were regularly 12+ people there and I only remember at most once a day where both bathrooms (1.5 of them) were being used at the same time. Most of those were because someone was in the shower in the middle of the day. They're thinking of putting a third one in but never got around to it.

In our apartment though I doubt we even have 6 rooms. Bedroom, living room, kitchen/dining, bathroom, closet, hallway... Exactly 6 actually. Still, even in my aunt and grandma's neighborhoods where houses are easily half a million to a million dollars I've never seen more than 2.5 bathrooms in a house.

(A quick google search shows 6-13 bathroom houses near Lake Austin. 2 million to 13 million dollars. I'm sorry but you need more than a basic college education for those, you need to be a CEO or something.)
post #99 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubliette8 View Post
I imagine a house with 6 bathrooms would also have some of those neat tankless water heaters- heats the water as you need it, noone gets cold! How I wish I had one of those at my house...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaingirl79 View Post
I just have to point out that even if you did have 6 bathrooms, you couldn't all take a shower at once without somebody being cold. I know this from my parents and friends houses. ...
For the record...

We have two gigantic hot water heaters that keep up nicely. I can also run the dishwasher, the washing machine and shower at the same time. Awesome.

They both died (on the same day, thankyouverymuch) last year and we wanted to put in tankless but were told that those do not work for this kind of demand. We'd need a ton of units to even hope to keep up. I guess they are designed for lower-demand set ups. Plus they were very expensive.

Once again, hope I clarified, carry on...
post #100 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyMarie View Post
For the record...

We have two gigantic hot water heaters that keep up nicely. I can also run the dishwasher, the washing machine and shower at the same time. Awesome.
We've got a tankless hot water heater for our measly 3.5 bathrooms.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Parenting
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › awkward conversation