or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Names?

post #1 of 64
Thread Starter 
Anyone talking baby names yet DH and I tend to say "hey, that would make a great name" even when we aren't expecting

Here's our short list currently. *by the favorites

Josiah*
Judah
Madellaine*
Malachi
Sariah
Sayuri*
Emilee
Phoenix
Morgan
post #2 of 64
Dh thinks he has the boy name picked out. I have something different in mind. lol Girl names........ we are screwed. I seriously do not like anything at the moment. It has to be somewhat unique or at least not heard very often. I'm ok if it BEcomes popular... which has been the case with several of our names.

Banking on this kid being a boy.
post #3 of 64
I just have long potential lists:

Jude (current favorite)
Nico
Leo
Silas
Luca
Theo
Abel
Abram
Asa
Matteo

Beatrice
Zora (Current favorite)
Cora
Verity
Violet
Hazel
Willa (also a favorite)
Tessa
Willow
Juniper
Charlotte
Cecilia
Meadow
Camilla
Helena
Stella
Dahlia
Sylvia
Alice
Vivian
post #4 of 64
Thread Starter 
we have 4 boys ourselves, and one girl. She's been begging for a sister for as long as I can remember. When DS4 was born, she was sure there was a sister too, and they nurses were just hiding her So, we are kinda hoping for a girl, but a boy would be a whole lot easier since all the stuff we have is boy stuff
post #5 of 64
Thread Starter 
Oh Charlotte is one of my favorite girl names, but I was pretty sure we wouldnt have any more kids after baby #3 (ha!) and ended up naming my cat Charlotte.
post #6 of 64
DDCC -

I <3 Josiah. Its one of my favorites!!!
post #7 of 64
Right now..boy- Caleb Jeremiah
girl - Allison Michelle (Allie)
post #8 of 64
Most likely Elora Nym for a girl and Banyan Phoenix for a boy.
post #9 of 64
Bunny, you've got the same ideas in girl names as I do!

My younger dd is Hazel, and our name for this one if it is a girl is Beatrix (pretty close to Beatrice) and both are on your list!

We haven't decided on a middle name for Beatrix, but our two girls have Jewish/Hebrew middle names so we will likely do that again.

Our boy name has always been Jasper Benjamin, ever since I got pregnant the first time. We'll see if we get to use it. We don't plan on any more children after this.
post #10 of 64
Cami- we might have girls with the same name!
Lousli- I love, love, love Jasper, but a good friend named her baby Jasper a while ago
post #11 of 64
We have no more list, so we have to start from new. It will be hard for us as we used all the "good" names for our 3 dds. lol
post #12 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bighappyfam View Post
Dh thinks he has the boy name picked out. I have something different in mind. lol
Haha me too-I liked the name when he suggested it years ago, but now I'm just not sure. I have a girl name that I just love, but not sure how he feels about it. I guess at some point I should actually look at names!
post #13 of 64
Our list is changing every day!
Girls- Harper Emmeline Adelaide
Boys- Ezra Asher Anderson Elliot Silas

I said 'Harper?' yesterday and DH fell in LOVE. There is no other choice in his mind anymore. I like the name, but lets give it more than ten minutes!!
Posted via Mobile Device
post #14 of 64
I'm actually surprised we have names so quickly - it usually takes most of my pregnancy to come up with a boy name. But we had a girl last time, so it was easy this time!
post #15 of 64
Boy Logan Andrew
Girl Julia Alison
post #16 of 64
I love Harper too It'll be a short list for us. Did you know that this is the 50th anniversary of the publication of To Kill a Mockingbird?

I have the name for a boy -- but for a girl I'm more flexible. Beatrice was my grandma's name, and I like that. I have an itch to have a girl and name her Flannery but that will take some arm-twisting. In all likelihood the kids will have a say.
post #17 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyMcFluff View Post
I just have long potential lists:

Jude (current favorite)
Nico
Leo
Silas
Luca
Theo
Abel
Abram
Asa
Matteo

Beatrice
Zora (Current favorite)
Cora
Verity
Violet
Hazel
Willa (also a favorite)
Tessa
Willow
Juniper
Charlotte
Cecilia
Meadow
Camilla
Helena
Stella
Dahlia
Sylvia
Alice
Vivian
DDCC to say that we have very similar taste! If our son (born this May) was a girl, he was going to be Zora, and Juniper was our runner up.
post #18 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBattleAxe View Post
I love Harper too It'll be a short list for us. Did you know that this is the 50th anniversary of the publication of To Kill a Mockingbird?

I have the name for a boy -- but for a girl I'm more flexible. Beatrice was my grandma's name, and I like that. I have an itch to have a girl and name her Flannery but that will take some arm-twisting. In all likelihood the kids will have a say.
Uh oh, so does that mean we're going to see a whole crop of Harpers? I'm trying to pick something somewhat unique, but not crazy, easy to spell/pronounce.
post #19 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn_warbler View Post
DDCC to say that we have very similar taste! If our son (born this May) was a girl, he was going to be Zora, and Juniper was our runner up.
And I LOVE Ilan. We really do have similar tastes!
post #20 of 64
Not a whole bunch at this moment and DH doesn't like the boy names.

Bunny, it looks like we have similar boy name style. It's also crazy b/c I think I'm somewhat unique and then I start to see the names everywhere, grr!

Boys:
Leo
Theo
Samuel

Girls:
Georgia
Clara

We obviously have some work to do! I like the name Sam, but it feels too "common" to me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: March 2011