March 2011 DDC Roster - Page 8
Add Me!* EDD: March, no later than 18th I hope (42wks is my usual get down )
* Name: SoulSistah
* Age: Soo not important...
* Location: Los Angeles
* What number child is this for you: #3
* Family: DP, DS (08/04), DS (11/06)
* Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): A Surprise, Chinese Calendar says girl, but probably another boy.
* Birth Plans/Preferences: Another homebirth, with a longtime midwife mentor "hanging about". Will help if needed.....
* Anything else you'd like to share: I'm a traditional homebirth midwife working hard going to births, heading into my 10th year in service. Looking forward to putting the fetoscope down for a little while and just be a momma, pager off!!!
* EDD: March 6ish..
* Name: Angie
* Age: 34
* Location: Andover, KS
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: Well, I wasn't exactly counting down the days.. this little one was quite the surprise.
* What number child is this for you: #3
* Family: DH, DD(12/07/01) DS (07/04/09)
* Baby's gender: I found out last week it is another boy!
* Names you like: Noah, Avery, Clive...
* Birth plans/preferences: I would love to have a home birth but my crazy uterus ends up being 'boggy' after I deliver.. so I will be doing another hospital delivery. I usually get there at the last minute.. long enough to have my LO.. With the last LO I got there at 5:30am and DS was born at 6:30am
* Anything else you'd like to share: I am currently finishing up my Doctorate in Audiology and taking my state board this weekend! Ack! I graduate in May.. such a relief.. I should be all done with my residency by the end of January.. and the new LO is due in March.. I am sooooo ready for a break!! Is having a baby a break?
Hello! My name is Danielle and I'm expecting a boy in March. I'll be 38 by then and my husband will be 48. I have an 8 year old daughter from a previous marriage and he has a 21 year old daughter also from a previous marriage. We've been living in Southern Colorado but are in the process of moving back to Denver.
We tried for 9 months before getting pregnant, though I have to say it was only really like 4 months of really paying attention to my cycle.
I had a great natural, "easy" birth with my daughter and am hoping for the same with this one. I'm having a bit of anxiety because my quad screen came out abnormal, and though further ultrasound testing has made the risk of down's syndrome seem pretty remote, the perinatal specialist is worried about the health of the placenta and wants to induce at 39 weeks. So the birth plan right now is to do lots of acupuncture so we don't make it to 39 weeks!
Add me please!
* I am due on March 17th- St. Patty's Day!
* My name is Sarah
* I am 34, but will be 35 in a couple of days
* I reside in Bozeman, Montana
* Lucky us, it took just one month! Timing couldn't be better (I am a teacher)
* This is our first- we have been patiently waiting for this!
* My husband and our furbaby- a rescue mutt who is part yellow lab, part husky
* We couldn't wait to find out... it's a boy!
* I've had my girl name for several years- Ina Frances after her great-grandmas, but we are undecided on a boy name... I really love Finley.
* Hoping for a non-medicated hypnobirth at our local hospital.
* I would love to make contact with another mother who has a spinal fusion from scoliosis surgery!
* Due date: March 17
* Name: Rachel
* Age: 26
* Location: Spokane, WA
* How long it took to get the BFP: About 5 months of not TTC or TTA
* What number this child is: This is our 3rd!
* Family: My DH, Rick, my DD, Kyrie (5), and my DS, Antonio (nearly 3)
* Gender: girl!
* Names you like: We've decided on Epiphany Joy
* Birth plans: Hoping for a natural water birth at a freestanding birth center (I've had one at the hospital and one at home, figured I might as well try all three ;))
* Anything else you'd like to share: Baby had a CPC (choroid plexus cyst) at the 20 week ultrasound. We'll be getting a follow-up ultrasound to make sure everything else looks good...would be interested if anyone else on this DDC is in the same boat!
EDD: March 24, 2011
* Name: Jill
* Age: 28
* Location: Alberta
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: A very long 3.5 years! We were with the fertility clinic for a while but they were just wanting to move too fast and we weren't ready for all the interventions so we quit for a year. A week before we were due to start with them again (on my hubby's birthday!) we found our BFP!
* What number child is this for you: A long-awaited #1
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Husband and very cuddly yellow labby boy
* Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): Oooo....everyone has been saying boy but I'm thinking girl! We'll find out soon enough!
* Names you like (& are willing to share): We've already picked our names. If it's a boy, it'll be Duncan Grant (for my MIL's maiden name and my dad's middle) and if it's a girl it'll be Bria Madeline (because we love it!)
* Birth plans/preferences: We've got the best midwives ever and are currently looking into a birth center that's not affiliated with the hospital but we're not opposed to hospital either.
I'd like to be added too please! Thanks!
* EDD: 3/25/2011
* Name: Rona
* Age: 38
* Location: East Bay, SF Bay Area, CA
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: (does this mean how long it took to conceive? if so, then nine months, including one previous MSC)
* What number child is this for you: 1
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Hen10 (husband)
* Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): Girl (ultrasound confirmed)
* Names you like (& are willing to share): keeping this under wraps for now!
* Birth plans/preferences: Natural unmedicated birth, but planning to deliver in the local hospital which has a good reputation for natural birth, under the guidance of a CNM
Hello all! My name is Amy and I live in Southern Illinois with my husband and our two boys. I haven't posted on a due date club message board since I was pregnant with my oldest 10 and a half years ago. Lets see, I'm 30, have 2 boys who are 10 and 21 months and am pregnant with #3 who is due the 31st of March. This time it is a girl her name is Emma after my Great Grandma, I was hoping for another boy since I already have all things boy around here. Since it's a girl I got a new sewing machine from DH so I can start making clothes for her. I'm not really a fan of the hoochie mama clothes that I've seen in stores for little girls, I know that there are some age appropriate things out there, but since I can sew I figure I'd make most of her clothes. I would love a home birth, but there are no midwives in the area and I'm not sure I could do an unassisted home birth. Instead we are just planning to stay at home and labor as long as possible, then drive the 3 minutes to the hospital when I feel the need to be there.
Add Me Please
* EDD: 3/18/2011
* Name: Rosie
* Age: 29
* Location: Twin Cities, MN
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 2 months
* What number child is this for you: 2
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Husband and two dogs
* Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): Girl (ultrasound confirmed)
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Charlotte, Anna, Miriam
* Birth plans/preferences: Natural unmedicated birth at local hospital under the guidance of a CNM - am looking into a possible homebirth
Hello, my name is Emalin and I live in Woodacre, CA (little town in Marin County above SF). My baby daughter is due on March 24. I'm 38 years old and this is my first pregnancy. The pregnancy was a surprise, though I was thrilled when it happened. (So this is why I've been nesting intensively for the past two years! ) I'm planning on a home birth but have established myself with the local hospital just in case. I'm 29 weeks along, and so far no problems. My family situation is a little complicated: my marriage broke up within a month of getting pregnant, at which point I moved from BC back to CA. My estranged husband plans to be actively involved, but for all practical purposes, it is just me, my two dogs, Sparkles (HeelerX) & Nunu (AussieX) + cat, Kalima with baby on the way. I am working on a blog that addresses the needs of women who find themselves in my position, but there's not much to see yet. As for names. . .right now I'm thinking about Linnea. My other favorites, Ruby and Aurora have been poopooed by my numerologist friend & now they are tainted Oh well. I look forward to meeting other March mamas at this exciting time as we get near our DDs.
* EDD: March 25
* Name: Susannah
* Age: 29 (but only for a few more weeks!)
* Location: Boston, MA, but originally from Dallas, TX (been here for 3 years)
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: I'd been off the pill for 3 or 4 months, but I got pregnant the first month we had sex during my fertile time.
* What number child is this for you: This is my first!
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Just husband and myself.
* Baby's gender: It's a boy!
* Names you like (& are willing to share): His name is Seth.
* Birth plans/preferences: Natural, unmedicated in a hospital setting with a midwife, if all goes well.
* Anything else you'd like to share: I have borderline gestational diabetes, but as long as things stay controlled without medication I should still be able to birth with the midwives instead of the doctors.
So, I never posted in this thread and forgot about it entirely, though I've been responding and paying most attention to this month, being due in March, according to doctor's numbers. We'll see.
* EDD: March 29th (though they are trying to tell me March 19th based on sonogram sizes. I call shenanigans.)
* Name: Elizabeth (I also go by Z)
* Age: 28
* Location: Rapid City, South Dakota
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: First week of July 2010 - there was no trying, and there was no not trying. We let whatever happened happen after we got married.
* What number child is this for you: First!
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): My husband, Michael
* Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): BOY!
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Alistair McKenzie. Our girl name was tough to match once we found out we were having a boy - that WAS going to be Rozylinn Elizabeth
* Birth plans/preferences: In a hospital, no epidural (my husband has two hands - for now), minimal visitors, no cutting of any kind unless there is a life in danger, hubby will cut the cord, no circ
* Blog, website or the like: I'm on facebook - firstname.lastname@example.org or find my page itself - www.facebook.com/eadierlam421
* Anything else you'd like to share: The networking and information available to military spouses is awesome. While it would be NICE if there were more doulas in my area (there aren't, and when you find one, they don't get back to you - ever!), it would be just as nice if TriCare covered that kind of thing, too. At least my ob office does work with a midwife. :-) Not sure what else to share, but I honestly think I'll be popping in the first two weeks of April - until I find out, I'm sticking it out here! It's such a terrible group of lovely ladies! lol (Yeah, my humor can be interesting sometimes! Love you all, and best of luck to all of you!)
Add me Please...Greeting from a Late Newcomer to the DD Club!
I am due Feb 28th, but the Feb girls are already having babies on that thread, and I tend to go late anyways, so I will join you!
I am Heidi
Married with 2 little girls almost 6 (2/14/2005) and almost 2. (3/9/2009)
Having Third Baby of unknown gender, we are surprise us kinda people
First baby was 17 days late, second was one the due date...who knows when this will come!
I am from Florida, but live in Sweden with my Swedish husband since July 2008
Worked as a midwife, had a freestanding birth center/ home birth practice for years before we moved to Sweden 3 years ago, have not worked here since
Planned first baby to be a home birth, was a transfer, bad doc on transfer had a c/section and very bad recovery with PTSD
Second baby VBAC born at home in water Sweden
Third baby coming soon! Planned home birth with midwife and a doula for help with kids and logistics. This is hard ot arrange here, home birth is very uncommon in Sweden. Hospitals are great here, all midwives and good care, but it is still not my home! Have to get a midwife from Denmark and hour away to come...
I am tired, get tons of heartburn, and getting bored....still in touch with my due date club from baby #1 6 years ago, never got active for baby #2 in one as we had just moved ot Sweden, so thought i would say hi. It is always nice to have 'baby friends' going through the same thing at the same time.