Originally Posted by Kivgaen
For my own personal reflection (which is why I posted in THIS thread), I'm curious about the various responses that all of you would give to these questions:
1) How many members of your family do you wash clothes for?
2) How many loads are dirty?
3) How many loads are part-way through the process? (if they aren't folded AND put away, you have to count them!)
4) If previous question is greater than zero, where are the loads now?
5) How often do you iron clothes?
6) How often do you mend clothes?
Thank you for taking the time to answer my survey. I'm curious about all of the responses.
OK... this should be funny.
I'm a single mom of 1.... and I have about 5 hours a week without my toddler, but I am out of the apartment and she is here with her sitter.
2) Always at least one.
3) I have a permanent load that is never folded and it lives on top of the dryer.
And also frequently a half load that lives in the dryer until the dryer is needed again. Then those clothes usually get moved to the mountain on top.
4) Really... I recently motivated myself into hanging things just cuz it's much faster and wrinkle free. I'm working towards a full closet though so it's a really new thing still.
5) I actually last ironed something when DD and I were visiting my parents. If we had been here at home.... it wouldn't have happened.
6) What?! Question did not compute!?!
Wait, does having my Mom take a crochet hook to a cute shirt of mine 2 months ago count? I don't crochet.
Based on what I can scroll through right now.... I'm firmly in the minority slacker camp. In fact last week, there was supposed to be a complex wide inspection in my apartment complex and I wasn't going to fold or put away the real mountain on top of my dryer, so I threw it all back into the dryer.
I figured they wouldn't check there and while I would never run the dryer with that many clothes in it.... it does make a convenient emergency storage.
Its one of those things that is just not my strong suit.