or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › February 2011 › **WEEKLY CHAT**July11th - July 17th
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**WEEKLY CHAT**July11th - July 17th - Page 2

post #21 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresa View Post
Can we talk about boobs?

Mine are heavy, full, gorgeous, getting attention. I have a face, hello!
That's too funny as I'm feeling the same thing. Of course, I do get a good grin on my face when DH is talking to me and I realize that his eyes keep bouncing between me and my boobs. I've always been somewhat small (B cup) so having Cs so early is really exciting for him. He's happy with the old ones but would be fine with the new ones hanging around for a while.
post #22 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by takers View Post
That's too funny as I'm feeling the same thing. Of course, I do get a good grin on my face when DH is talking to me and I realize that his eyes keep bouncing between me and my boobs. I've always been somewhat small (B cup) so having Cs so early is really exciting for him. He's happy with the old ones but would be fine with the new ones hanging around for a while.
hahaha my DH was just commenting and groping last night Poor guy, it was late and I have my first appointment with my MW this morning which is an hour's drive from here so I had to write him a rain check.

Wish me luck, I'm really hoping to hear the heartbeat today (might be a wee early but I'm feeling positive)!
post #23 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post
hahaha my DH was just commenting and groping last night Poor guy, it was late and I have my first appointment with my MW this morning which is an hour's drive from here so I had to write him a rain check.

Wish me luck, I'm really hoping to hear the heartbeat today (might be a wee early but I'm feeling positive)!
GL!! I really hope you hear a HB!!

hmmm, my cup is not really overflowing I mean they seem a tad fuller but not like with DS. Hope that's not a bad sign. Still early here too tho i guess.
post #24 of 84
I've actually shrunk, since I haven't been eating. But I went last night and got Diclectin, and OMG what a difference! I feel human today! Still a wee bit nauseous, but really, it's nothing in comparison.
post #25 of 84
I've shrunk too. I don't even fill out my bra anymore. Between the lack of calories, losing 10 pounds, and stopping nursing altogether, I'm really not surprised. I'm ready for them to come back, though...I've grown accustomed to having decent sized breasts over the past 5 years
post #26 of 84
well no HB but it's still really early. She's got my edd on paper as 15 Feb (from LMP etc.) but everything lined up just PERFECT with the O date of 8 weeks today like I told her
We went ahead and scheduled the next appt for 5 weeks from now when I'll be 13 weeks just to be sure. It was so nice to see her and get well child check-ups for the girls that she attended when they were born. It's sooooo nice to hear such a genuine, loving congratulations! I'm so blessed! She's going to retire from midwifery before too long and I don't know what I would do if we chose to have another after she is retired!?

Oh and I AM feeling my fundus and not my bladder, but that's because I have a forward tilting uterus!
post #27 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post
well no HB but it's still really early. She's got my edd on paper as 15 Feb (from LMP etc.) but everything lined up just PERFECT with the O date of 8 weeks today like I told her
We went ahead and scheduled the next appt for 5 weeks from now when I'll be 13 weeks just to be sure. It was so nice to see her and get well child check-ups for the girls that she attended when they were born. It's sooooo nice to hear such a genuine, loving congratulations! I'm so blessed! She's going to retire from midwifery before too long and I don't know what I would do if we chose to have another after she is retired!?

Oh and I AM feeling my fundus and not my bladder, but that's because I have a forward tilting uterus!
I must have read your post like 10 times before it dawned on me that you were listening for a heartbeat, not looking for one. I was so freaked out that you were so casual about not seeing one at 8 weeks! I'm glad you had a great first appointment with all the bonuses.
post #28 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post
Mrs.Music - Good luck with your cerclage - fingers crossed that baby cooks long enough to get your hb - and avoid the NICU.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresa View Post
Rethinking the post-babies boobjob I have talked about since they deflated.
Nothing would make me rethink replacing these deflated water balloons... I miss boobies.
post #29 of 84
I am finally making my 1st appt this week.
post #30 of 84
Rant...

"Mind over matter", "mind over matter", "mind over matter"....if I hear this one more time regarding my morning sickness and nausea, I'm going to SCREAM! Um, if it were mind over matter, I wouldn't have been hooked up to an IV last week due to dehydration, and I certainly would have willed myself to get over it by now. The zofran is helping significantly but I still get (manageable) bouts of nausea and cooking a meal is still out of the question.

Tonight, my MIL told me that I will just have to decide in a couple of weeks to not let the nausea rule me anymore. I tried not to say anything rude, but I did have to slip in the part above about needing IV rehydration. UGH! I understand that if you've never had it this bad that you just can't understand, but goodness gracious, I'm not a faker and don't tell me that I am

End rant.
post #31 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs-Mama View Post
Rant...

"Mind over matter", "mind over matter", "mind over matter"....if I hear this one more time regarding my morning sickness and nausea, I'm going to SCREAM! Um, if it were mind over matter, I wouldn't have been hooked up to an IV last week due to dehydration, and I certainly would have willed myself to get over it by now. The zofran is helping significantly but I still get (manageable) bouts of nausea and cooking a meal is still out of the question.

Tonight, my MIL told me that I will just have to decide in a couple of weeks to not let the nausea rule me anymore. I tried not to say anything rude, but I did have to slip in the part above about needing IV rehydration. UGH! I understand that if you've never had it this bad that you just can't understand, but goodness gracious, I'm not a faker and don't tell me that I am

End rant.
Ummm, rant away. That's crazy. I'd be angry too - that's just so ignorant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post
well no HB but it's still really early. She's got my edd on paper as 15 Feb (from LMP etc.) but everything lined up just PERFECT with the O date of 8 weeks today like I told her
We went ahead and scheduled the next appt for 5 weeks from now when I'll be 13 weeks just to be sure. It was so nice to see her and get well child check-ups for the girls that she attended when they were born. It's sooooo nice to hear such a genuine, loving congratulations! I'm so blessed! She's going to retire from midwifery before too long and I don't know what I would do if we chose to have another after she is retired!?

Oh and I AM feeling my fundus and not my bladder, but that's because I have a forward tilting uterus!
Yay! So....you're behind your LMP date?

For the record, my boobs haven't changed much... a little fuller (I just weaned DD a few months ago) and super tender. If DH just looks at my boobs they hurt. Seriously. All you mommas still BFing...hats off!

So, after reading that fundus thread, I tried to find mine and I *think* it's about an inch or two above my pubic bone. At first I was all excited thinking maybe I do have two in there...but then I remembered that there *is* two in there and even if one has stopped growing it would still affect the size of my uterus. So now I'm just anxious for the u/s on the 19th. *sigh*

DH got a new job today! It's with the company he's working for now. They offered it to him a couple weeks ago and we thought nothing was going to come of it, but they called today and want him to start Monday. Comes with a nice raise too.

Of course, it wasn't until hours later that it dawned on me that his first day is the day of my u/s! I was so bummed I cried. I totally get that he doesn't want to miss his first day on the new job, but I'm sad he won't be there. My belly is definitely expanding this week, and I still feel crummy, so I'm confident that at least one of my belly passengers is thriving in there.

It's 9pm...and I'm heading to bed! 'night, ladies!
post #32 of 84
Mrs-Mama I can't imagine even though I have been blessed not to have morning sickness I would never tell someone it's mind over matter. Everyone is so different and so is every pregnancy. Was it ever that bad for you before?


Quote:
Originally Posted by momma-molly View Post
Yay! So....you're behind your LMP date?
Yup, but I knew that. I had been CTA for 6 months before TTC. I never even thought of myself as having my LMP edd that's why it kinda got me when she kept writing 15 Feb down on things I know it's actually 22-24 Feb. I expect baby to arrive between V-day and the first week of March, so it really doesn't make that bug of a deal anyhow. At least it's not like my 2nd pregnancy where my EDD was pushed back 6 weeks from mid-August to late-September (and as you can tell from my signature, she was born in October- talk about a LOOOOOONG pregnancy)

so yeah, a week ain't nothin'
post #33 of 84
I'm a doof I don't even have their birth months in my siggie. Can we blame that on preggy brain?
post #34 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post
Mrs-Mama I can't imagine even though I have been blessed not to have morning sickness I would never tell someone it's mind over matter. Everyone is so different and so is every pregnancy. Was it ever that bad for you before?
It was pretty bad with my other two pregnancies but never like this. I've always been able to eat or drink something, and I've never been dehydrated like that before. I'm in love with zofran. I cannot believe what a difference it has made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post
I'm a doof I don't even have their birth months in my siggie. Can we blame that on preggy brain?
I'm blaming everything on preggy brain at this point, so I vote yes
post #35 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post
I'm a doof I don't even have their birth months in my siggie. Can we blame that on preggy brain?
I was just looking at your siggy trying to figure out what I was missing and where it had the months, however since I keep forgetting things I very much thought I was just missing something totally obvious.
post #36 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
I was just looking at your siggy trying to figure out what I was missing and where it had the months, however since I keep forgetting things I very much thought I was just missing something totally obvious.
well I USED to have them there, and after I went ahead and wrote it I decided to just put it back
post #37 of 84
Oh man I feel you. During my last pregnancy I has insane sickness. Sounds similar to yours. The kind that kept my unable to work, care for my children, and in the hospital. When I came back one of my co-workers said to me "yeah there is a ton that needs to be done, you really should have been here, morning sickness???" Like it was something I had made up. GRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs-Mama View Post
Rant...

"Mind over matter", "mind over matter", "mind over matter"....if I hear this one more time regarding my morning sickness and nausea, I'm going to SCREAM! Um, if it were mind over matter, I wouldn't have been hooked up to an IV last week due to dehydration, and I certainly would have willed myself to get over it by now. The zofran is helping significantly but I still get (manageable) bouts of nausea and cooking a meal is still out of the question.

Tonight, my MIL told me that I will just have to decide in a couple of weeks to not let the nausea rule me anymore. I tried not to say anything rude, but I did have to slip in the part above about needing IV rehydration. UGH! I understand that if you've never had it this bad that you just can't understand, but goodness gracious, I'm not a faker and don't tell me that I am

End rant.
post #38 of 84
my breasts have really gotten huge. My 6yo DD compared her head to one of my breasts last night. She said, "Mom, your boob is bigger than my head."

I don't have any clue how anyone could handle breastfeeding at this stage in the game. DH touches them, and I want to scream. They are that sore! Still! I am almost 11 weeks now. I do not remember being this sore for so long with previous pregnancies.
post #39 of 84
Mrs_Mama- next time tell them to come over and throw up on them. THen you can tell them "mind over matter, just don't mind it and the vomit won't matter to you".. Ok, Im a bit passive aggressive when Im pregnant. Or that would probably be just aggressive.

I haven't been on much, Im so sick to my stomach and exhausted all the time. For the most part if Im standing for more than 10 minutes I start dry heaving or throwing up depending on if Ive eaten something or not. Im so glad DH is home right now but I found out yesterday that he has to leave again in the end of August for two weeks and the end of September for 2 weeks. He will probably miss my 16 week, 20 week appointments and my 20 week ultrasound as well. Im totally upset about it and im trying not to let it show because its already hard enough on him as it is, I don't need to make it harder.

As for chests, mine is growing again. I already can't find bras in the store (Im a 32G), I hope I don't outgrow what I can get at my favorite online source. I really don't want to get above an I cup (thats as big as they make them) because then I really won't be able to get bras anywhere.
post #40 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post
Mrs_Mama- next time tell them to come over and throw up on them. THen you can tell them "mind over matter, just don't mind it and the vomit won't matter to you".. Ok, Im a bit passive aggressive when Im pregnant. Or that would probably be just aggressive.

As for chests, mine is growing again. I already can't find bras in the store (Im a 32G), I hope I don't outgrow what I can get at my favorite online source. I really don't want to get above an I cup (thats as big as they make them) because then I really won't be able to get bras anywhere.
Yeah, what she said. Do *that*.

What's your favorite online source? I get pretty large too and have to order online, these cheapo ones from walmart/target don't cut it. I hate, hate spending $40 on a bra though. Last time I just got one really good one for daytime and wore nursing tanks to bed. I think it was a bravado? It did hold up well...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: February 2011
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › February 2011 › **WEEKLY CHAT**July11th - July 17th