- 3 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Mothering Top Picks
- Pros:“straps cross over at the back, adjustable base width to accommodate shorter legs, fabric is soft not scratchy”“Easy to use, comfortable, baby loves it”
- Pros:“very supportive, easy on, great for toddlers”“easy to use, lightweight, for all sizes (w/ infant insert,) nice color”
Related Forum Threads
- Help me choose my perfect carrier! Last post on 11/4/10 at 4:21pm in Babywearing
- What's your favorite buckle mei tai? Last post on 10/12/10 at 11:58pm in Babywearing
- Best carrier for a lot of in and outs? Last post on 2/28/12 at 4:44am in Babywearing
- mei tai vs ergo for back carry Last post on 2/11/12 at 6:48pm in Babywearing
- Back-carrying a toddler with a wrap while pregnant... Last post on 2/7/12 at 8:10pm in Babywearing
Supporting Babies as They Grow: The Benefits of Babywearing
Edited on 5/3/13
- Five Best Baby Carriers: Recommended by the Mothering CommunityEdited on 3/26/13
- Freedom Together: The Mothering Mavens Test the Boba 3G CarrierEdited on 2/11/13
- Mothering Radio: Safe BabywearingEdited on 10/18/12
- Babywearing - Video Section - Baby Carrier UsesEdited on 10/18/12
Ergo Vs. Bobapost #1 of 127/12/10 at 11:01amThread StarterIf anyone has used both the Ergo and the Boba, which one do you prefer and why?post #2 of 127/13/10 at 1:37ampost #3 of 1210/29/10 at 12:31pmpost #4 of 1210/29/10 at 12:34pmI have seen the ergo, not used it. They look pretty similar from what I have seen, though boba has (removable) stirrups, and ergo has a pocket.
I LOVE my boba. After using MaiTais, I switched to boba and it is so much more comfortable on the back, even with baby getting bigger and bigger.post #5 of 1210/29/10 at 12:35pmpost #6 of 1210/29/10 at 5:51pmBetween the 2 I like the Boba. I have not found it to be too narrow at all, but I have discovered that carriers are not one size fits all. The Ergo was just too much fabric for me (5'4", 115lbs), but I have seen women way smaller both in height and weight wearing it with success.
I really enjoy the Boba, but I also have the Beco Gemini and love it!post #7 of 1211/2/10 at 10:54pm
Taking notes, since I thought I wanted an Ergo (found it for $79), but now... I'm thinking Beco or Boba. But, in the end... I may not buy one... so many choices...
ETA: Looks like baby cannot face forward in the Boba. So, maybe Beco.post #8 of 121/26/11 at 3:57pm
I agree, Beco is much better! I had an Ergo, very good carrier but way to bulky. I tried the Boba, its mainly for older kinds, didn’t work for us. If it counts for anything, it looked like a Beco/Ergo copy, so I guess it might do the trick if you have a 1 year old.post #9 of 121/27/11 at 10:35am
I have used an ergo and beco butterfly. The ergo seems more bulky and short on the kids back. I like the beco as its back is higher giving child more support. there is a piece of fabric on the inside between adult and child where you can toss them on your back. You can get a beco from Frog Mama in seconds/used for really good prices.post #10 of 122/1/11 at 3:11pmpost #11 of 122/2/11 at 10:10amI have both and like them for different reasons. The ergo is bulkier for me (I'm petite). I don't love that it comes down lower on my daughter's back, but she does seem to find it easier to nurse in it. And although they are basically the same structure, I find the ergo easier to adjust for on the go nursing sessions.
The boba fits my body type better and feels more streamlined. I feel like the higher back keeps her in more securely as well, since she likes to wriggle around. I'm also a fan of the stirrups as they will keep her hips in proper alignment as she grows.
I bought both my carries in organic, but I really like that the boba is made in the USA.
Looks like the beco has quite a following here though. May have to look into it!
Good luck!post #12 of 122/2/11 at 9:13pm
This is a great comparison of different types of baby carriers, with pros and cons. I found it on the Boba site!
I have always gravitated toward the Moby wrap and the Boba, eager to try them!! Glad to hear that many of you have had such positive experiences with the Boba...the Ergo did not feel comfortable to me the one time I used it (as a nanny).
- Ergo Vs. Boba
- Five Best Baby Carriers: Recommended by the Mothering Community
- › May Chat Thread! 33 seconds ago
- › Do big families bother you? 2 minutes ago
- › Signs of Impending Labor - chat thread 3 minutes ago
- › Stopped vaccinations and looking for a pediatrician near Atlanta!!!... 4 minutes ago
- › May TWW Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Hospital Bag / Homebirth List 5 minutes ago
- › Gardening! 8 minutes ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 10 minutes ago
- › weekly thread May 20-26 11 minutes ago
- › DD has unequal pupils - don't know what to do 13 minutes ago
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo