Mothering Top Picks
Related Forum Threads
- Ergo or another wrap? Last post on 6/22/13 at 4:46pm in Babywearing
- Help me choose my perfect carrier! Last post on 11/4/10 at 4:21pm in Babywearing
- What's your favorite buckle mei tai? Last post on 10/12/10 at 11:58pm in Babywearing
- Babywearing—heaven or hell?? Last post on 8/5/13 at 12:49pm in Babywearing
- Best carrier for a lot of in and outs? Last post on 2/28/12 at 4:44am in Babywearing
Super Summer Gear: 10 Hot Selections for the Whole Family
Last edited: 2/21/14
- Freedom Together: Mothering Mavens Try Out the Boba 4GLast edited: 4/10/14
- Advanced Babywearing: Tales from the TrenchesLast edited: 8/17/13
- Supporting Babies as They Grow: The Benefits of BabywearingLast edited: 5/3/13
- Five Best Baby Carriers: Recommended by the Mothering CommunityLast edited: 10/9/13
Ergo Vs. Bobapost #1 of 127/12/10 at 11:01amThread Starterpost #2 of 127/13/10 at 1:37ampost #3 of 1210/29/10 at 12:31pmpost #4 of 1210/29/10 at 12:34pmI have seen the ergo, not used it. They look pretty similar from what I have seen, though boba has (removable) stirrups, and ergo has a pocket.
I LOVE my boba. After using MaiTais, I switched to boba and it is so much more comfortable on the back, even with baby getting bigger and bigger.post #5 of 1210/29/10 at 12:35pmpost #6 of 1210/29/10 at 5:51pmBetween the 2 I like the Boba. I have not found it to be too narrow at all, but I have discovered that carriers are not one size fits all. The Ergo was just too much fabric for me (5'4", 115lbs), but I have seen women way smaller both in height and weight wearing it with success.
I really enjoy the Boba, but I also have the Beco Gemini and love it!post #7 of 1211/2/10 at 10:54pmpost #8 of 121/26/11 at 3:57pmpost #9 of 121/27/11 at 10:35am
I have used an ergo and beco butterfly. The ergo seems more bulky and short on the kids back. I like the beco as its back is higher giving child more support. there is a piece of fabric on the inside between adult and child where you can toss them on your back. You can get a beco from Frog Mama in seconds/used for really good prices.post #10 of 122/1/11 at 3:11pmpost #11 of 122/2/11 at 10:10amI have both and like them for different reasons. The ergo is bulkier for me (I'm petite). I don't love that it comes down lower on my daughter's back, but she does seem to find it easier to nurse in it. And although they are basically the same structure, I find the ergo easier to adjust for on the go nursing sessions.
The boba fits my body type better and feels more streamlined. I feel like the higher back keeps her in more securely as well, since she likes to wriggle around. I'm also a fan of the stirrups as they will keep her hips in proper alignment as she grows.
I bought both my carries in organic, but I really like that the boba is made in the USA.
Looks like the beco has quite a following here though. May have to look into it!
Good luck!post #12 of 122/2/11 at 9:13pm
This is a great comparison of different types of baby carriers, with pros and cons. I found it on the Boba site!
I have always gravitated toward the Moby wrap and the Boba, eager to try them!! Glad to hear that many of you have had such positive experiences with the Boba...the Ergo did not feel comfortable to me the one time I used it (as a nanny).
- Freedom Together: Mothering Mavens Try Out the Boba 4G
- › Looks like we're going to be homeschooling next year... 4 minutes ago
- › Where in your home did you give birth? 4 minutes ago
- › Japan's vaccine schedule and autism rate 6 minutes ago
- › Keeping 3 year old occupied without technology 7 minutes ago
- › Baby Brag Book 11 minutes ago
- › April & May 2014 Chat 12 minutes ago
- › Mild Shingles & mild chicken pox 12 minutes ago
- › Game of Thrones... Anyone? 23 minutes ago
- › Weekly Chat April 23-30 25 minutes ago
- › The Taboo Subject of Vaccine Injuries 25 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › 3 Simple Ways to Nurture Yourself by Marcy Axness
- › The Birth of River by Kristen Tea
- › The Never Agains by BrainChild
- › Day in the Life: A Graphical Representation by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Operation Meditation by Brian Leaf
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness