|Originally posted by Spark
Mamaroni -- I think everytime Tracy is MIA for even 10 hours, we all think it must be "it" for her! Either way, I send her peace and love vibes whenever I can. She awaits her babe so gracefully. I so admire her!
Okay, stop it! I didn't comment on the last wonderful thing you wrote cause I figure people are going to start thinging I'm your groupie if I don't quit slobbering over every sweet thoughtful thing you say!
dnr, I don't remember what happened to your hand? I would be putting on a major sob fest and get them in gear to do something for you!
fiacre, I was thinking about you last night. Then I came and read your post...did you know that is exactly where I am? Dh has checked my cervix a couple of times and, while it seems to be getting softer, I actually went from fingertip dilated at one point to shut back up tight! Baby's head is not engaged. And your mw said exactly what I've been trying to tell my ILs and others...I am not a good candidate for induction. The only things they can do--start ctx and soften the cervix, my body is doing already. But get the baby engaged? No. Dilate my cervix? Not really. Straight to c/s. And, as I told my MIL, no one is going to convince me at this point that my baby is more in danger in my body than by being removed before it's ready by c/s. I am pretty confident about fluid level, etc. I think our babies just need more time. I hope you are not put in the position of having to make any difficult decisions. It's hard enough just waiting!
Jster, good luck to you, too, trying to figure all this out. Seriously, this is one of the things that I AM able to be happy about in this situation--I do not have to make decisions about/for a care provider. I'm so sorry your are in this situation!
Thanks to all who keep sending labor vibes.
Aidan and I have been making our chocolate peanut butter Easter eggs. Yum! Tomorrow we are going to the monthly LLL meeting. The last meeting was scheduled on my birthday and it was cancelled due to 15 inches of snow. And I was hoping to have a baby that day. :LOL And we have made plans to go with friends (she's 35 weeks pg) on Mon or Tues to go swimming, if you can picture it! In other words, I'm done not making plans. Almost all plans are cancelable (well, how would you spell it?), right? Also, can you tell my nausea has been much more manageable this week?
Here's something of a dilemma I'm facing. Aidan had been saying for weeks that for his birthday he wanted to go out to lunch. Now he has seen the light of a party and definitely wants one. No problem, right? However, at this rate, even if I had the baby on Friday, I would have a 3 WEEK OLD BABY by his birthday! I'm not even sure I would want to attend a party at that point, let alone throw one for 5 3-year-olds.
As far as planning, I'm thinking I could get all that done in the next week or so, invitations and all, if I'm still waiting. Then again, if I'm still waiting, that means the baby will be even newer when A's birthday comes around. AAGGGGHHH! Any advice would be appreciated.