here is what DS is getting this year:
1. home-made felt dragon, purchased at the waldorf school fundraiser;
2. whatever my aunt brings;
3. whatever my ILs are getting him.
these second two will not be at christmas. he has plenty of clothes for right now, but here is how the 4 things align:
1. something you want: he's two, what does he want? LOL but, i plan on only giving him ONE of the toy presents, likely from my aunt, and withholding the others until later in the year or just having them "show up" in his toy section when something else leaves (due to destruction).
2. something you need: new gum boots
3. something to wear: sun hat
4. something to read: my parents are sending a collection of stories for him.
also, i learned from our waldorf teacher/leader/parent coach person that he has a very sunny personality -- mostly air and fire -- and over-stimulation can be an issue. so, by keeping his toys--and in fact our whole house--minimal, we actually help him stay grounded and calm. :) this is great. :)
we did a purge of clothes, put away winter gear, and did a run to library/friend's-loaners to give back those things we've borrowed (books, movies, etc), and reorganized drawers, closet, cupboard, and shelves. i have one more closet to clean out, but otherwise, we are doing well with keeping it simple.
also, we have a friend living with us over the next two weeks, so i'm hoping that we'll get a garden in the ground before we go on vacation--perhaps on wednesday and friday we can do some work on that. :) i decided to go with things that are floral, rather than edibles/culinaries because we don't know the state of the soil. we'll do culinary ones indoors in a pot.